Living in suburbs of Chicago, going to UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_mi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone go to UIC, dental school while living in suburbs? Which suburb is good for a family, and how long is the commute. Any input? appreciate it.
Thanks.
doc_mi
Class of 2012, UIC

Members don't see this ad.

I live in the burbs
Northern suburbs, by the lake are the high class suburbs with good schools, communities, parks, etc but they are pricey to live in. Examples are Glencoe, Northbrook, Winnetka. Commute is roughly 50min-1hr using train.
However, Places like Des Plaines and Park Ridge are good areas, they are affordable and closer to the city. The commute would be around 40 minutes (if you take Metra + transfer to a CTA Pink line).
Western Suburbs are generally good, and a little expensive: Lisle, Naperville, Downers Grove. Commute is roughly an hour if you take train.
Driving to the DS can be difficult considering there is traffic every day and class starts at 8AM

Need any more info let me know
Good luck!

Hello all,
Does anyone go to UIC, dental school while living in suburbs? Which suburb is good for a family, and how long is the commute. Any input? appreciate it.
Thanks.
doc_mi
Class of 2012, UIC

I recommend Millwaukee, Madison, or Naperville.