Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Living with undergrads during medical school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ZekeMD, Mar 31, 2004.

1. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    So I've been looking for apartments in Rochester and recently 2 girls asked me to live with them in a really nice apartment. I'm hesitant though because they're undergrads (both going to be juniors I think) and..... well because they're girls and I'm not sure I want be thought of as the dirty old guy who lives with 2 younger girls. I do seem to get along with them both very well and they are very nice girls. Any suggestions? Should I not worry about it and live with them, or should I keep looking. Thanks.

2. Bones2008

Bones2008 waiting for retirement
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've heard it can be difficult for a med student to live with people who don't have similar schedules, etc. Undergrads' coursework and class time pale in comparison, and it may be difficult to keep up with all the work when there're people living with you that don't need to work nearly as hard. Different for everybody, though, I guess. Just sayin what I've heard.

3. indianboy

indianboy Call me, Baby.
    7+ Year Member

It turns out that pederasty is not only permitted, but encouraged on the University of Rochester campus. God Speed.

Hope that Helps.

P 'Santorum-Free Zone' ShankOut

4. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'd be living with girls... not boys. *******

If you want to use big words, make sure you know what they mean first

5. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    They're good looking girls.... But that really doesn't matter to me since I wouldn't want to start anything with them. It would be akward to live with someone and try to hook up with them.

6. pekq

pekq Gunner
    7+ Year Member

If they are over 18, it's all good :laugh:

If they are pre-med, you might want to keep searching

7. Thats fine. It is definitely better to live with 2 attractive girls as opposed to 2 unattractive girls.

Plus, you can always take a sneak peek when necessary.

8. Spitting Camel

Spitting Camel Anteater for Life!
    7+ Year Member

As long as there's grass on the playing field...:laugh:

9. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hey man...if its a nice apt with a good deal...then by all means id take it.

housing is just a hassle to deal with anyway and if these girls just took all the work out for you...then you should be set.

these girls arent hella annoying or super party girls that throw parties at their pad constantly right?

id consider it greatly man.
    and you wouldnt be the old dirty man...its not like you are a 50 year old living with undergrads...

10. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Zeke, what about in two years when they graduate and move out, you might be stuck trying to find two new roommates since you'll be there another 2 years. Something to think about.

11. greenie8

greenie8 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah I'd say go for it unless there is any chance that you might hook up with one (or both ) of them. That could get messy.

Otherwise, it sounds great. It might be nice to get away from school and come home to roomies who can talk about something else and won't be studying for the same tests as you. You know, separate your work life from your home life.

I'm not sure about my housing for next year but I don't think I want to live with other med students (at least in the same class...older might be helpful).

greenie

12. hope280

hope280 Member
    7+ Year Member

dude, their hot. stop being a stupid premed and have some fun in your med school years. besides, college girls are easy.

13. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Thanks for all the advice guys... with the exception of the guy who likes little boys (thats just sick):rolleyes:

14. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If not, turn it around and play in the mudd....

Haha... I am 100% not serious about this quote though.

15. Flack Pinku

Flack Pinku U lookin at my glasses??
    7+ Year Member

It might be too tempting and you may not get any studying done in the apt... especially if they're good looking. :D

But seriously, make sure they're good/studious and stuff otherwise you'll be in for hell of a year... You gotta be able to get along with them bottom line, and be able to study w/o too many distractions.

16. indianboy

indianboy Call me, Baby.
    7+ Year Member

Hey, thanks for the tutorial!!! Turns out that it isn't strictly gender specific. But i'm sure you know that. Have fun in one of the most depressing parts of the country for the next 4 years!

Hope that Helps

P 'Behold Proust' ShankOut

17. Kazema

Kazema In a kingdom by the sea
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Haha that's the first time I've heard that one. Pretty funny, if sick.

18. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    It is gender specific.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pederasty

19. siempre595

7+ Year Member

It's a bad idea, not cause they are girls, but because they are undergrads. Life is very very different in med school, and it's more likely that you'll find yourself annoyed with them for having less work than you than that they will be so incredibly awesome as roommates blah blah blah. I'd look for another med student/grad student to live with, you'll be better off.

20. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Oh yeah, I lived with undergrads while i was in Public Health school. I had a blast with them, but then again I was only a year out of college and public health doesnt require much studying.

21. Skaterbabe74

Skaterbabe74 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey I'm an old fart non-trad (only 29 tho) and I'll be living in the on campus apartments next fall. Yeah I'm still an ugrad but my roommate will most likely be just barely 21 (they are over 21 apts). It's honestly the exact same issues you'd have with any roommate nine times out of ten. Age really doesn't matter...likes/dislikes/study styles/etc are the things that matter. If you get along with them, and they have the same sort of study ethic or you have a good set of headphones and your room will be offlimits when the door is closed for studying then I say go for it. Sounds like the perfect solution to me!

22. mosoriire

mosoriire Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

But then again, it depends on your study habits. Are you the kind of student who does all his study in a library? If you are used to studying everywhere else but at home, the arrangement shoudl be fine, because you'll be hanging out with them after you have done all your studying.

Issues that would bother me as a housemate have more to do with a mature attitude to other stuff. Can I trust them to pay the bills on time? Will they take trash out? Clean up after themselves? Pay for their share of groceries, etc...

But again, that's just me...

23. lukeday99

lukeday99 Nooby
    7+ Year Member

Dude, you have the opportunity to go for a living situation which I've been searching for for years and years. Oh, to be stuck with two nubile young lasses instead of these old, dirty slobs I've got now.[​IMG]

DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And send pics!:oops:

(According to Reddy, embarrased face=bj face)