LizzyM vs WARS (Reinventors)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1084098

I am a reinventor. After around 60 credits of As my gpa has plateaued at around 3.25 (yikes, I know). MCAT is 515. At this point should I use WARS or LizzyM score? I am not sure which one is better for such a large discrepancy.

Members don't see this ad.

I found both of these tools to be a little bit difficult to use. I had similar GPA discrepancy and similar MCAT as well. While this is only my opinion, if you had a pretty good GPA in those last 60 credits (>3.75 maybe), I would use your MCAT score as a gauge for what schools to apply to. I'm not sure if this advice is sound but I've had a pretty good cycle so far using this. I would also apply to schools that specifically state that they will consider your more recent credits more/instead of your earlier ones, you can find lists here on SDN. You can also ask an advisor at the institution where you did some of those post-bacc credits and ask where previous students had success. Hopefully, schools will recognize you are an A student (seen in your most recent credits) and will view those over your previous work. Good Luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
I am a reinventor. After around 60 credits of As my gpa has plateaued at around 3.25 (yikes, I know). MCAT is 515. At this point should I use WARS or LizzyM score? I am not sure which one is better for such a large discrepancy.
These scores don't apply to reinvention. Use your last 60 credits, which show the you of now is not the you of then

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same exact position OP. After 90 credits of 3.95 my cGPA plateaued around 3.3 (514 MCAT). I agree that using WARS and LizzyM does not quite apply to reinvention students. I'm in the process of creating my school list. I'm applying to mostly low-tier schools, a few mid-tiers, and 5-7 DO schools. I'm not applying to higher tiers because I don't have any research experience.