LLU OMFS Internship Position Open

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

High Desert Doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...

for those still interested in omfs or know of somebody who didn't match and would like to do an intern year, loma linda university has an open intern position for the 2007-2008 year....just call this number (909) 558-4671 or just go to llu.edu...thought i might post it here...good luck...:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

So they didn't post-match their spots, but they are taking an intern? That's a lot of call :D

they did have an intern already but couldn't commit as of yesterday...i am not for sure what the intern will be doing, because they had a research intern last year (or seemingly so)...i am sure calls will be quite alot, but it'll be shared with the other residents...trauma call is every third week, but of course, dentoalveolar is everyday...hopefully the spot will be filled soon...nevertheless, this will be a busy year for whoever will get the spot...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this post accept foreign grad?

well, last year's intern was from italy i think...but i know he was a foreigner...

Sounds like Lots O' Call. I think I know the guy that was suppose to go to LLU, and I think he's taking the year off to deal with family situations... or something like that.

Sounds like Lots O' Call. I think I know the guy that was suppose to go to LLU, and I think he's taking the year off to deal with family situations... or something like that.

best of luck to the guy..hope all is well with the family...:thumbup:

Is the spot still available??

hey guys...

for those still interested in omfs or know of somebody who didn't match and would like to do an intern year, loma linda university has an open intern position for the 2007-2008 year....just call this number (909) 558-4671 or just go to llu.edu...thought i might post it here...good luck...:thumbup:

Is the spot still available??

No.
I just got an email from a guy who graduated with me and they called him and gave him the spot yesterday.

Does anybody hove information about how good LLU OMFS is ?
please include as much detail as you know

Does anybody hove information about how good LLU OMFS is ?
please include as much detail as you know

I'm not a resident at LLU OMFS but I've spent a fair amount of time around the program and I interviewed there during this past match cycle.

The program has been transitioning from a 4 year to a 6 year dual degree program but it is rumored that with the decision not to post-match this year they are going to maintain both a 4 and 6 year track.

It is a very busy program. The OMFS program covers 3 hospitals - Loma Linda (Level I trauma), Arrowhead Regional (Level II), Riverside County (not sure). They also have clinics in each county hospital and a more private practice oriented clinic in the Dental School.

The programs is heavy in maxillofacial trauma, facial reconstruction, maxillofacial pathology, orthognathic surgery, aesthetic surgery, temporomandibular surgery, craniofacial surgery, and dentoalveolar surgery (from the the website... This provides a pretty accurate description of the program. I have observed all of these procedures routinely in the O.R - note: I would say especially heavy in trauma and orthognathic surgery and Oncology is specifically not listed (also accurate).

I have heard that the med school experience is a good one ($$$ - but it's a private school and there are some scholarships in place to help out.

Overall I think it's a solid program. Broad scope clinical experience with significant dedicated OR time, and a lot of autonomy/large patient base in a private practice clinical setting.

If you are interested - do an externship (make sure you hit a trauma week), but be prepared to work. Here's the link: http://www.llu.edu/llu/dentistry/oms/

Hope this helps - :laugh: I don't think I'll write a post that long again for a while...

I'm not a resident at LLU OMFS but I've spent a fair amount of time around the program and I interviewed there during this past match cycle.

The program has been transitioning from a 4 year to a 6 year dual degree program but it is rumored that with the decision not to post-match this year they are going to maintain both a 4 and 6 year track.

It is a very busy program. The OMFS program covers 3 hospitals - Loma Linda (Level I trauma), Arrowhead Regional (Level II), Riverside County (not sure). They also have clinics in each county hospital and a more private practice oriented clinic in the Dental School.

The programs is heavy in maxillofacial trauma, facial reconstruction, maxillofacial pathology, orthognathic surgery, aesthetic surgery, temporomandibular surgery, craniofacial surgery, and dentoalveolar surgery (from the the website... This provides a pretty accurate description of the program. I have observed all of these procedures routinely in the O.R - note: I would say especially heavy in trauma and orthognathic surgery and Oncology is specifically not listed (also accurate).

I have heard that the med school experience is a good one ($$$ - but it's a private school and there are some scholarships in place to help out.

Overall I think it's a solid program. Broad scope clinical experience with significant dedicated OR time, and a lot of autonomy/large patient base in a private practice clinical setting.

If you are interested - do an externship (make sure you hit a trauma week), but be prepared to work. Here's the link: http://www.llu.edu/llu/dentistry/oms/

Hope this helps - :laugh: I don't think I'll write a post that long again for a while...

how old is boyne? 100 something?

Thanks Motown for the information