LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! Why are y'all interested in going to LMU? I don't know much about the school.
Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard anything yet, and I submitted my application September 13th does this mean I didn’t get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed Nov 1 heard anything?
I did not, but I believe someone said last cycle they sent out some more acceptances in February so that may be the next round of news we get!!

I interviewed October 23, got a physical acceptance letter Dec 8, but have not received an email from them with any info/acceptance and when I reached out to them via email, I never got a response. I hope the letter isn't fake lol

I interviewed October 23, got a physical acceptance letter Dec 8, but have not received an email from them with any info/acceptance and when I reached out to them via email, I never got a response. I hope the letter isn't fake lol
Definitely check your spam box. I know a lot of people have been having issues this year with emails

I would call them. I got a physical letter and a couple days later got an email.

If I haven’t gotten an interview invite yet do you think it’s safe to say that I will be getting denied?

Reactions: 3 users
If I haven’t gotten an interview invite yet do you think it’s safe to say that I will be getting denied?
Same I wonder if they’re still giving out any interviews at this point. Someone earlier in the thread said they called and said interviews could be going out til February, but it just seems so late now.
Wonder if there’s been any rejections given out yet either?

Reactions: 1 users
Same I wonder if they’re still giving out any interviews at this point. Someone earlier in the thread said they called and said interviews could be going out til February, but it just seems so late now.
Wonder if there’s been any rejections given out yet either?
I applied sometime around the deadline and haven't heard a peep one way or the other 😢

Reactions: 1 user
Did you commit somewhere!?
I got into my IS school (Cornell) and will likely go there as I want to stay more local. I am still waiting to hear from a couple other northeastern schools (UPenn, tufts, liu etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into my IS school (Cornell) and will likely go there as I want to stay more local. I am still waiting to hear from a couple other northeastern schools (UPenn, tufts, liu etc).
Congrats!!!! That’s awesome

Congrats!!!! That’s awesome
Thank you! I’m excited! I’ll probably wait to hear back from those other schools before I commit. Ideally trying to be 4 hour or less drive as opposed to lmu which is 12+ for me. I love the LMU vibes and facility looks nice. I hope everyone hears from them soon!

Thank you! I’m excited! I’ll probably wait to hear back from those other schools before I commit. Ideally trying to be 4 hour or less drive as opposed to lmu which is 12+ for me. I love the LMU vibes and facility looks nice. I hope everyone hears from them soon!
I’m from NJ so I understand the struggle LOL

I always feel slightly terrible when I do an internal cheer at posts like this for a school I wanna go to
You should cheer! It’s too far for me if I have closer options.
I was one of the earlier acceptances. I’m sure they have a bunch more coming out since there weren’t that many that came out the first round.

I’m from NJ so I understand the struggle LOL
Same😩 it’s so rough not having an instate school. I already got 6 rejections and I’m really hoping for some good news.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
You should cheer! It’s too far for me if I have closer options.
I was one of the earlier acceptances. I’m sure they have a bunch more coming out since there weren’t that many that came out the first round.
LMU is my top choice so 🤞🏼 Was hoping for an early acceptance before I went down there for my MBA graduation and instead I was down there sad

LMU is my top choice so 🤞🏼 Was hoping for an early acceptance before I went down there for my MBA graduation and instead I was down there sad
Please don’t be sad! There is still a lot of time left! Seriously! Months.

Please don’t be sad! There is still a lot of time left! Seriously! Months.
It was just bad timing! We were sitting down there in our hotel and my mom asked if they said anything about when early acceptances we’re gonna be sent and I may have just slightly started crying because wanting to see the main campus was the only reason j went to graduation 😂

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there will be another round of acceptances soon, or will it be after all interviews are over?

I know another wave of interview invites should go out pretty soon and maybe another in february? The campus was closed last thursday and friday, so give them some more time and don't lose hope yet!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know their phone number? I need to reach them but I can't find a number that gets me to the admissions department

Will my application be affected if I don't take a class that I had planned to take, and also put on my VMCAS/ supplemental application, this spring semester, as long as it is not a prerequisite?

Thanks!

Will my application be affected if I don't take a class that I had planned to take, and also put on my VMCAS/ supplemental application, this spring semester, as long as it is not a prerequisite?

Thanks!
Nope! The only way that would affect it is if it was a prerequisite, and that goes for every school! In my personal opinion, I think putting future semesters on is mainly to see that you are planning to fulfil any outstanding prereqs

LMU sending an email to say don’t panic is only making me panic

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Oof thought an email I just got from LMU was gonna be an interview invite or a rejection. It was just talking about transcripts and invites could still be coming out in the future. My heart just jumped into my throat for a second there😂

Reactions: 4 users
Listen I just almost panicked at work from that so you’re not alone
I’m on my lunch break and just was rechecking the email for like 100th time and thought finally it would be a good one😂

dOnT pAniC 🥴🥴

• Haha
Would someone be able to post the email here? If anyone has been following my posts on here, my email refuses to accept anything from Webadmit so I never got the email! And I sent a digital transcript and got a notification today that it hasn't been downloaded by them yet...

Would someone be able to post the email here? If anyone has been following my posts on here, my email refuses to accept anything from Webadmit so I never got the email! And I sent a digital transcript and got a notification today that it hasn't been downloaded by them yet...
Here it is! They mentioned in the email to give them more time for the transcript downloading! They also sent zoom info. I wasn't sure I wanted to post full zoom info on a public forum, so let me know if you want the link and password!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.16.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.16.48 PM.png
    360.9 KB · Views: 102
Thank you so much!!! I emailed them asking to change my email on file but I haven't gotten a response yet :(

Does anyone know if you can have an interview early on and still be accepted? I received an interview invite in October and interviewed in November and have yet to hear anything from them regarding acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. I'm hoping it's not a bad thing but as the months go by I'm beginning to assume the worst :(

Does anyone know if you can have an interview early on and still be accepted? I received an interview invite in October and interviewed in November and have yet to hear anything from them regarding acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. I'm hoping it's not a bad thing but as the months go by I'm beginning to assume the worst :(
Yes you can still get accepted! They only do about 50 early acceptances and I believe their class size is 125. There’s plenty of people who interview early and get a later acceptance.

Only a small number of people have heard so far. The majority will find out in Feb/March. So I wouldn't expect any emails from them for at least another month.

Hey guys! I am a current first year and just wanted to say CONGRATS to those accepted and to also let those know who are for sure joining the LMU-CVM family that people will start posting housing that will be avaible in late Febuary to early March. I had some difficulty finding housing here that fit my needs so just a heads up there are a few facebook groups (LMU-CVM housing) to check out.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I am a current first year and just wanted to say CONGRATS to those accepted and to also let those know who are for sure joining the LMU-CVM family that people will start posting housing that will be avaible in late Febuary to early March. I had some difficulty finding housing here that fit my needs so just a heads up there are a few facebook groups (LMU-CVM housing) to check out.
Can I ask why you had difficulty finding housing? I’m not accepted yet but it’s my first choice so I’d like to be prepared for the struggle

Can I ask why you had difficulty finding housing? I’m not accepted yet but it’s my first choice so I’d like to be prepared for the struggle
Most places are picky about animals and are asking a lot for nothing since most of the rentals here are students and they know we need housing. The CVM students are really good about when a third year moves out they get the landlord to let them advertise the house to vet student only. If you dont care about maybe living with a landlord or have one pet then you should not have a problem. I know some of my classmates that were early admits had no problems but I just had to find something economic for me.

Most places are picky about animals and are asking a lot for nothing since most of the rentals here are students and they know we need housing. The CVM students are really good about when a third year moves out they get the landlord to let them advertise the house to vet student only. If you dont care about maybe living with a landlord or have one pet then you should not have a problem. I know some of my classmates that were early admits had no problems but I just had to find something economic for me.
Oh gosh. That stresses me - I have a dog and two cats

I was constricted a lot by my budget so that was my biggest problem but I have friends that have multiple animals and found housing. The facebook groups are a great resource so I just wanted to let you guys know they are out there and it beats contacting realtors.

I moved with two dogs and a cat and I didn't have any trouble finding a place. I didn't start looking until april/may and didn't sign a lease until June. LMU-CVM and LMU_DCOM both have housing facebook groups and both of those are what I used to find housing.