LMU-DCOM vs. ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dwight_Halpert

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to get some insight from current and/or past students at both of these medical schools. If your knowledge about either of these schools comes purely from what you’ve read on reddit please refrain from commenting in this thread. I have already researched both of these schools plenty online and would like to hear some first hand accounts if any students are willing to share. I am open to pretty much all specialties, but am leaning towards general or orthopedic surgery. I am deciding between these two schools and will list my pros and cons below. It’s important to note that I am currently tied on which school I want to go to. Both seem like excellent options. I would love to hear more about the rotations at each school. I’m from Utah so both schools are far from home. I'm also married with a kid. Thank you in advance!

LMU-DCOM (Harrogate)

Pro -

Con -

• Rotations: I have no idea
  • Tuition: ~60K
  • Newer school (comparably). Not as well known, not as many graduates or future networking

ATSU-KCOM

Pro -

Con -

• Rotations: I have no idea
  • Tuition: ~60K
  • Not a great place to live. Closest big city is 2 hours away. Closest airport is 3 hours away.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to KCOM. It is the oldest DO school and well-established. There is no reason for you to take a chance on LMU, whichthat has had problems in the past with accreditation. I am not convinced it is in the clear yet.

Reactions: 1 user