LMU-DCOM vs WCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srbtx08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Weighing the pros and cons of both schools. This is a very tough decision for me and I would appreciate any help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I gonna say LMU-DCOM.

They have non-mandatory attendance and I believe more flexibility with elective rotations. Plus I have not heard too many good things about faculty and administration at WCU-COM from students on this forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any specific reason(s) to put that over Carey?
basically what islandstyle said. Optional class attendance is probably the biggest. and frankly, WCUCOM has received some of the worst student reviews on this site that I have ever seen.

Reactions: 1 users
LMU. I remember seeing that WCU had extremely high failure rates.

basically what islandstyle said. Optional class attendance is probably the biggest. and frankly, WCUCOM has received some of the worst student reviews on this site that I have ever seen.

Worse than LECOM?

Worse than LECOM?

I don't know why you hate on LECOM as much as you do. You literally bring it up in every thread about any DO school, we get it you don't like LECOM. LECOM has its issues yes and definitely isn't the best DO program out there but it definitely isn't the worst either.

Source: I have talked to a number of past and present students from both Erie and Bradenton and they all said the same thing.

OP: I say LMU by a mile. I as well haven't really heard anything positive about WCU.

Worse than LECOM?

The school with the most complaints on SDN doesn't doesn't mean it is the worst school (speaking metaphorically). You will read more complaints from students on SDN about LECOM than LUCOM, but you already know which of the two is worse. Search past threads on WCU and you will get your answers.

I don't know why you hate on LECOM as much as you do. You literally bring it up in every thread about any DO school, we get it you don't like LECOM. LECOM has its issues yes and definitely isn't the best DO program out there but it definitely isn't the worst either.

Source: I have talked to a number of past and present students from both Erie and Bradenton and they all said the same thing.

OP: I say LMU by a mile. I as well haven't really heard anything positive about WCU.

Well, I know how bad LECOM is so I was trying to use it as a benchmark for where WCU falls.

The school with the most complaints on SDN doesn't doesn't mean it is the worst school (speaking metaphorically). You will read more complaints from students on SDN about LECOM than LUCOM, but you already know which of the two is worse. Search past threads on WCU and you will get your answers.

I would go to LUCOM over LECOM hands down.

It seems like all of the negative aspects and complaints about WCU were from students a few years ago, regarding administration and curriculum. I like to believe they have addressed all problem areas, but I don't see enough posts from current Carey students to get a good insight. Really the only downside I can find about LMU besides is being extremely rural, is the rotation sites seem to be very hit or miss. Hopefully the new dean adds some stronger sites.

Well, I know how bad LECOM is so I was trying to use it as a benchmark for where WCU falls.

I would go to LUCOM over LECOM hands down.

Not sure how we got to talking about LUCOM or LECOM. Was hoping to get feed back for LMU-DCOM or WCU-COM.