LMU Knoxville vs VCOM Carolinas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurehopefuldoc

Reaction score
I've been accepted to both LMU and VCOM, but have already submitted my deposit to LMU. Please help me decide between these schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Go VCOM! They are a perfectly good school with a decent track record. Avoid LMU if you can, I have not heard great things from students that currently go there. Plus their accreditation status is currently under heightened monitoring by COCA due to the fact they didn't meet standards for an Osteopathic school. Opening a new branch campus on top of all the problems doesn't seem to me like they care.

Go VCOM! They are a perfectly good school with a decent track record. Avoid LMU if you can, I have not heard great things from students that currently go there. Plus their accreditation status is currently under heightened monitoring by COCA due to the fact they didn't meet standards for an Osteopathic school. Opening a new branch campus on top of all the problems doesn't seem to me like they care.

Do you mind telling some of the things your friends who attend have told you about the school? Also, where can I find info on their accreditation status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind telling some of the things your friends who attend have told you about the school? Also, where can I find info on their accreditation status?
People I know have complained about low faculty rentetion, low quality rotations at most of their sites, poor decisions by admin, not enough board study time, and more...

Here is their own statement about their accreditation: Accreditation | Lincoln Memorial University

There's this thread: LMU-DCOM heightened monitoring

Reactions: 1 users