Technology loading/running MS Word/Powerpoint on Mac OS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juiceman311

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are MS Word/Powerpoint glitchy (slow to load, slow to run) while running Mac OS X?

Members don't see this ad.

juiceman - if you mean running the PPC versions on intel macs - the Core duo's are fast enough that they run fine despite the emulation. I doubt I'd notice any difference when Office goes intel native.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I think some of the tests on Office show that the Core 2 Duo chips run Office faster than PPC's.

The last I heard, a Universal version of Office should be released this fall and is rumored to have a lot of cool features that the Windows version doesn't have. (The same was true when the last Office:mac was released.)

Not any glitchier than it is on a PC.

Will it still freeze occasionally or quit out without you wanting it to? Yes, but not anymore than it would on a PC. Its microsoft software - it will always have glitches.

I use it quite often on my imac and so far I havent had any problems. I also have windows vista installed with office 2007 using boot camp and I have had absoluteno no problems opening files from one operating system in another.