1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

loading/running MS Word/Powerpoint on Mac OS

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by juiceman311, May 5, 2007.

1. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Are MS Word/Powerpoint glitchy (slow to load, slow to run) while running Mac OS X?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No. Even my Powerbook G4 isn't slow.

4. JobsFan

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    juiceman - if you mean running the PPC versions on intel macs - the Core duo's are fast enough that they run fine despite the emulation. I doubt I'd notice any difference when Office goes intel native.

5. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Actually I think some of the tests on Office show that the Core 2 Duo chips run Office faster than PPC's.

The last I heard, a Universal version of Office should be released this fall and is rumored to have a lot of cool features that the Windows version doesn't have. (The same was true when the last Office:mac was released.)

6. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Not any glitchier than it is on a PC.

Will it still freeze occasionally or quit out without you wanting it to? Yes, but not anymore than it would on a PC. Its microsoft software - it will always have glitches.

7. Dr Who

Dr Who Future MD...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I use it quite often on my imac and so far I havent had any problems. I also have windows vista installed with office 2007 using boot camp and I have had absoluteno no problems opening files from one operating system in another.