SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

loading/running MS Word/Powerpoint on Mac OS

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by juiceman311, May 5, 2007.

1. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Are MS Word/Powerpoint glitchy (slow to load, slow to run) while running Mac OS X?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Atlanta
    No. Even my Powerbook G4 isn't slow.

4. JobsFan

JobsFan 10+ Year Member

Jan 19, 2005
    australia
    juiceman - if you mean running the PPC versions on intel macs - the Core duo's are fast enough that they run fine despite the emulation. I doubt I'd notice any difference when Office goes intel native.

5. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Atlanta
    Actually I think some of the tests on Office show that the Core 2 Duo chips run Office faster than PPC's.

The last I heard, a Universal version of Office should be released this fall and is rumored to have a lot of cool features that the Windows version doesn't have. (The same was true when the last Office:mac was released.)

6. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Not any glitchier than it is on a PC.

Will it still freeze occasionally or quit out without you wanting it to? Yes, but not anymore than it would on a PC. Its microsoft software - it will always have glitches.

7. Dr Who

Dr Who Future MD... 7+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Somewhere out there
    I use it quite often on my imac and so far I havent had any problems. I also have windows vista installed with office 2007 using boot camp and I have had absoluteno no problems opening files from one operating system in another.