• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Loan repayment?

Old_Mil

15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Earth
  1. Attending Physician
    Not very common at all. This is more common in family or internal medicine. Generally jobs that offer it are employed positions with large hospital systems in locations that for one reason or another are hard to fill.

Makati2008

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    1. Attending Physician
      Very uncommon. Currently have a loan repayment contract that is open as far as residency(nothing crazy like neurosurgery of course) type. My biggest fear is that they might try to lowball me but this is all based on me matching EM of course....

About the Ads

MSUSpartan642

GO GREEN!
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Feb 9, 2009
      Michigan
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Very uncommon. Currently have a loan repayment contract that is open as far as residency(nothing crazy like neurosurgery of course) type. My biggest fear is that they might try to lowball me but this is all based on me matching EM of course....

Care to explain what this loan repayment contract is? How much does it cover? Where did you find it? etc.

Makati2008

Moderator Emeritus
        10+ Year Member
        Dec 18, 2008
        1. Attending Physician
          I can't go into too much detail about the contract but I can say everything has been covered.

The location is in the South and very rural but close enough to a large city to keep my skills intact. The Hospital approached me about it after hearing I was going to go to med school.

D

deleted109597

Very uncommon. When it does happen it is usually contingent upon working at a place for a number of years. Typically in rural/hard to staff areas.
            So, if you have a place that you've always wanted to work, and they have trouble hiring, you might get one.

Remember, it's contract negotiations. You may be able to get it, but you will have to ask.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.