Loans, Loans, I NEED loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GennyD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found a school that I am really interested in and have communicated with them. The only drawback to the school is that don't offer international aid. Does anyone have any idea on how to secure loans for a school that isn't registered with places like Medachiever. If anyone can help I would appreciate it mucho. Please Help, give advise, or money... all is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Most non-US schools will not be eligible for loans like the MedAchiever, although many do offer the Stafford loans.

For additional funding, check out Bank of America's Student Maximizer Loan (many of my classmates got these - I think up to $15,000 USD/year): http://www.bofa.com

There is also a TERI/PEP loan through ISLP. I don't have any contact information but I do know that the Bank of Boston manages and disburses these loans. I don't think their terms are as good as B of As, but worth checking into.

I would think most major banks would have provisions for student loans for US citizens studying outside of the US. Call your bank and see what they have to offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
As to what school I have been looking into, the University of Malta. They seem to have an incredible program and small.( they only allow 60 students, 30 native and 30 international). The tuition is high, about $25,000. Actually the same price as Caribbean schools. I just need a way to secure loans.

What's a MedAchiever loan?

You may still be eligible for the Stafford loans, but looks like you'll have to do the leg work. I was told that foreign schools were eligible if the majority of students were not US citizens. Contact the DOE (they are surprisingly nice on the phone!) if your bank can't give you the info you need.

Annette:
Do you happen to have the DOE contact phone number concerning Stafford loans at foreign schools? I am interested in a foreign school that only has one other US student. Thank you very much...