loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swati

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
iam an dentist from india and i am on F1 visa in US, after my interview do i get 100% loans to dental school if i have a co-signer or do i get 50 or 60%
thank u

Members don't see this ad.

swati said:
hi
iam an dentist from india and i am on F1 visa in US, after my interview do i get 100% loans to dental school if i have a co-signer or do i get 50 or 60%
thank u

Hi

I don't know whether you can get a federal (government) loan or not. If you can't then you can get a private loan with an US cosigner (this is where relatives come in handy...well hopefully :) ) If you get a private loan through a company like American Education Services (AES), I think you could borrow up to 100% of your tuition fees and living cost, provided that your cosigner has a good credit history and his/her income is high enough to be able to afford to pay back the loan in case you can't later on. So it's good to get a cosigner with a good credit history and has a high income....very important as they really look at that.

Another option is to speak to a financial aid advisor of the dental school that you got in, he/she will able to tell you more.
Hope that helps.

thanks cheer, that helps me a lot