Lobsided MCAT score people - how did you do this cycle so far???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funky

This space is for sale
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's common knowledge that a well rounded mcat score is great but what about you non well rounded mcat scorers? How did you all do so far this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

It's common knowledge that a well rounded mcat score is great but what about you non well rounded mcat scorers? How did you all do so far this cycle?

I had a very lopsided 30R: 13v, 7p, 10b

I applied to 12 schools, got 2 interviews, which resulted in one acceptance and one waitlist. I definitely think that my lopsided sub-scores got me screened out of some interviews. But it all worked out in the end :)

I had a lopsided 30R as well. (12V, 10P, 8B)

Got five interview invites out of 37 applications. I don't think my MCAT score hurt me as much as the fact that I took it in August. You have to have a better application than me to be complete in mid-October and have it not affect you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took august MCAT with lopsided score: 6V, 11P, 12B and RW
Applied to ten school resulting into five interviews including a top ten med school. I am standing on one acceptance and one waitlist. Hoping for more acceptances

I know this is in the wrong threat, but i can post threats yet:

Hi everyone I am really stuck here....

I was recently accepted into an Early Acceptance Program...pretty much i am guaranteed a spot in med school with no mcat (and i graduate my undergrad college normally, etc). It's an MD med school, but it's not ranked and it's not pretigious or anything..

Right now I am a junior and I have completed all my prereqs and have a 4.0 gpa and have great activites/experience, etc.

I am starting to have second thoughts about my decision to for the early acceptance b/c with a 4.0 i feel like i can make a better school (however I don't know how I will do on mcat) But i feel it's too late if I take the August mcat..I am so confused..Please someone help!

well then i'll post a "threat" for you. you're on your way to a ban. stop it.

I had PS-14, VR-9, BS-9 on the August MCAT. My primary wasnt submitted until 10/25. I have had one interview that ended up being an acceptance. Still waiting to hear back from 3 other schools (I applied to 10)

I also had a lobsided score: 13,11,8.

I've done better than I ever thought I would- 5 interviews, 5 acceptances :)

I wish you guys all the luck that I've had!

Mine's lopsided as well: 13V 8B 7P

So far I've had 3 interviews and am on 3 waitlists. My GPA is strong and I have been complimented regularly on my letters, PS, and activities, so I know that if I end up applying again it will almost definitely be because of my MCAT... But there's still some hope for this year :)

12 P, 7 V, 11 B

5 Interview Offers, Went to 3 of them, 2 acceptances and still waiting to hear from 1.

4 of the interview offers were from state schools (FL). The one out of state was BU.

I have a 7, 11, 12, P, applied in late july... got 3 interviews (2 were OOS, 1 was IS) which resulted in one acceptance and I still waiting on the other two (although I am very content with the acceptance I have).

9 PS 15V 12BS

doing ok.
interviewed at 7.
WL at 3.
accepted to 2.
waiting to hear from the other 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's good to hear that people with lopsided MCAT scores can have success too :)

9 PS 15V 12BS

doing ok.
interviewed at 7.
WL at 3.
accepted to 2.
waiting to hear from the other 2.

... and I got my highest verbal scores when I made cool bubble designs on the answer sheet...

congrats though

congrats to all you lobsidies! (that's our designation from now on)

Also, remember that >75% of people with lopsided MCAT that got into good schools are URMs (Latinos, Blacks)

hey! I have a severely lo(b)sided MCAT score too..and not a URM...but I have not received my first acceptance yet...only have 4 interviews..so who knows?

Also, remember that >75% of people with lopsided MCAT that got into good schools are URMs (Latinos, Blacks)
this is a pretty terrible generalization that has no proof whatsoever

this is a pretty terrible generalization that has no proof whatsoever

Don't believe me and apply. See what happens, esp if you are East or South Asian. :cool:

How do you know if yours is lopsided? I have 8BS, 9VR, and 12PS...it doesn't seem lopsided to me because I'm a ***** in Biology, I read good, and I love chemistry...

Don't believe me and apply. See what happens, esp if you are East or South Asian. :cool:
Caucasian guy in my class got a 7 in verbal (31 overall), and he's doing quite well for himself now at a well-regarded school. He might not be East or South Asian, but he's certainly not URM.

You don't know what your talking about. Count me as yet another one that got in with a lopsided MCAT and is not an URM. You are implying that 3/4 of the people posting in this thread with their sucess stories are URM. That's just bunk.

7v, 11p, 11b, P-writing

5 interview offers 3 acceptances, 1 waitlist, 1 declination

after having gone thru this process with such an unbalanced mcat score, i realized the importance of applying broadly...

u never know how diff schools analyze these scores...

and looking at ur list of schools, i'd say that ur on the right track...

good luck!!!

You know, you're right. You might as well not apply. I don't mean "you," in general, I mean specifically, you.

I had a lopsided MCAT:

PS 11, V 9, BS 12

I've had multiple DO acceptances and multiple MD interviews (waitlists and a few decisions pending, only one rejection)

Only one interviewer has asked me about my Verbal score...

13p 9v 9b --> 31Q

three interviews.. no responses yet. praying for a miracle!

I am not an URM and have 3 acceptances out of the 4 interviews I chose to go to. I applied to 13 schools and received 10 interviews (though after my first acceptance decided to withdraw from pretty much everywhere).

MCAT:

14PS
13B
8V
P-writing

and no one asked me about my verbal score

I am white as they come...;)
9V 12P 11B

Apply 25
Interview 7
Acceptance 6 Waitlist 1

Keep the faith loppies and let's stay off the case of the URMs, m'kay?:smuggrin:

9V 12P 11B

Apply 25
Interview 7
Acceptance 6 Waitlist 1

Keep the faith loppies and let's stay off the case of the URMs, m'kay?:smuggrin:
agreed :)
they made a whole separate forum for that

9V 12P 11B

Apply 25
Interview 7
Acceptance 6 Waitlist 1

I might beat you there.....my 10th grade history teacher told me I was the poster child for the aryan race (hmmm...wonder how fast she'd get sued if she said that now?)

Anyway, I'm a loppie, or whatever our name is now :p ,
12V, 10B, 8P, Q - I thought it was nice that they were all even numbers :oops:

and totally living up to my name right now, one interview, one acceptance, still waiting on 5 schools.

7V, 10B, 13P....30M....2 interviews, 1 waitlist, 1 rejection

I called all the schools I applied to and asked if they have specific cutoffs for each section and although they said they didnt, it is apparent that they really do.

Some of you that got interviews/acceptances at schools with sub 8 scores, what schools did you apply to? Thanks

I have a sub-8 verbal score...and have 4 interviews..
I'm from CA and also have one from a UC...couldn't believe my eyes

Oh, not URM

14 PS, 13 BS, 9 VR. I had 5 interviews (3 acceptances, 2 waitlists) but I think my low GPA was a deterring factor.

32R

8vr
11BS
13PS

17 primaries...15 secondaries...3 interviews...2 acceptances+1 waitlist.

yeah..ihateverbal..what schools did you apply to??

what would be some good choices with a sub-8 verbal?

Seriously...a lopsided MCAT score is not 12, 11, 9 (that's a really good score)

a lopsided MCAT score is when you have two sections above a 10 and one section below a 8....that's what you call lopsided.

Just my two cents.

7V, 11P, 12B = 30 S
6 interviews: 1 acceptance, 2 waitlists, 1 still waiting, 2 withdrew post interview

I'm from CA (one interview was at a UC) and white.

Good luck to everyone with a lopsided MCAT!

Seriously...a lopsided MCAT score is not 12, 11, 9 (that's a really good score)

a lopsided MCAT score is when you have two sections above a 10 and one section below a 8....that's what you call lopsided.

Just my two cents.

I was by no means complaining, and I am very happy with my score and I didn't mean to come off like it was holding me back.

I just thought 2 and 3 point differences between the various sections was worth note.

I had a very lobsided score too. 14 6 12. Out of 30 applications, 10 invites, 3 from top 10. I finished my secondaries around late October.
It definitely screwed me up at some schools, but I limit myself only to those schools which accept my VR score as well. It works out at the end. ;)