Slevin

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm Army HPSP and I'm pretty sure I want to either do my intern /residency in San Antonio at BAMC But I'm not sure what field yet. So for my fourth year would it be better for me to just schedule the four months of rotations that I have leading up to the Match deadline in October at BAMC or should I still rotate at different military hospitals. I know I can use only one ADT at BAMC but can I do three civilian rotations at that site?

dinoprost

prostaglandins rule
Sep 14, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i can only speak from my experience, and i'd like to temper that advice further by saying that I was unsuccessful at matching the first time around. However, I encourage you to broaden your net, so to speak, and do a rotation in your desired specialty, whether its urology or emergency medicine, at as many military training locations as possible. That will give all of the program directors, who all meet personally when it comes selection time, to discuss you and increase your chances for a successful match. Furthermore there exists the possbility of you, the applicant, wearing out your welcome so to speak. You want to stay there long enough to make a good impression and then get out, doing similar jobs at the different training sites. Best of luck brother!

OP
S

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the advice. I Wish I did but I don't have the option to work in the same field at different locations. Those 4 months I have a surgical selective, medical selective and two months of ambulatory med.

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
GA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
According to the HPSP Handbook, you are not allowed to do more than one non-ADT at the same training location. You can do one ADT and then one non-ADT at the location but that's it, regardless of specialty. You are not allowed to do two 45 day ADTs at the same location either. If you go to MODS and select Ch 4 for Active Duty Training. Go to subsection "m" in section 4-1 "Highlights" to read more about it