Locum Hourly Rate for Hospitalist in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sso_blasted87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Just want to gather some locum rates for hospitalists in Texas. Rates for day and night shifts would be helpful. Tried google, very hard to find specific rates.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've been doing some side gigs in Texas for hospitalist work. Expect about $150-160 an hour for days, maybe $170 for nights or higher. This excludes El Paso. Rates are even higher out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on where in Texas. Larger cities will pay less, smaller towns will pay a hell of a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing some side gigs in Texas for hospitalist work. Expect about $150-160 an hour for days, maybe $170 for nights or higher. This excludes El Paso. Rates are even higher out there.
How much higher do you think the rates in El Paso, TX are for day and night shifts?

Hello,
Just want to gather some locum rates for hospitalists in Texas. Rates for day and night shifts would be helpful. Tried google, very hard to find specific rates.
Thanks

Hi! I've been a full time locum hospitalist for years although I've worked mostly in the Pacific Northwest. Generally the rates are reasonably high in Tx. You get paid less in the Metro area and more in the rural setting. If you have to do ICU and the facility is more than 2 hours from the Metro area - you can definitely ask for at least $180/hr day and $200 night. The good thing about Tx is that there's no state income tax so $180/hr for hospitalist work in TX equals $190-$195/hr for the same work in CA.

Last edited: