LOE letter from science professor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tundu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, one of my science professors who is going to write me a recommendation letter asked for what they are specifically looking for in a letter. I have searched the internet and was wondering if anyone could outline the main points to include in a LOE for my application. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

At this stage of the game, I still don't know what contents the letter writers include. To help out my recommenders, I always gave them my personal statement, resume, and anything else that they needed. The biggest factor is how well you know your recommender, since they will have more to write about other than grades and achievements. Usually, the most common thing to include should be how prepared you are for a dental program, and any qualities that will help you get there and beyond.

Last edited:
You may also want to visit specific dental school websites that you are interested in. Sometimes, under LOE section, they tell you what they are looking for in a LOE. Good luck!