Logistics of Direct Commission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batmansvoice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current dental student who was too late and failed to attain an scholarship from the military. I would still like to join the army after graduation and was wondering what the logistics involving direct accession were.

The whole HPSP process was a beast and I was wondering if the direct accession process is anywhere along those lines. Particularly, do they require numerous letters of recommendations and other things in our packets? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current dental student who was too late and failed to attain an scholarship from the military. I would still like to join the army after graduation and was wondering what the logistics involving direct accession were.

The whole HPSP process was a beast and I was wondering if the direct accession process is anywhere along those lines. Particularly, do they require numerous letters of recommendations and other things in our packets? Thank you!
Direct commission is handled your 4th year. You can come in either the Army Reserves or active duty - both offer loan repayment. If you do the reserves there are no opportunities to specialize through the military, but you can do anything you want on your own in the civilian sector.

The application process will still include the physical, but I am not sure what else if you are a direct commission.