LOI....waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnasty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you guys thought that writing an LOI predecision but post-interview would increase your chance of being waitlisted. Since they know you want to go there so much they may choose a different candidate knowing you would be ok coming off the waitlist.

do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

pnasty said:
I was just wondering if you guys thought that writing an LOI predecision but post-interview would increase your chance of being waitlisted. Since they know you want to go there so much they may choose a different candidate knowing you would be ok coming off the waitlist.

do you think?
Doubt it.

I think the thing med schools hate most is getting turned down by someone who was accepted. If you are an applicant that they would accept and you write a LOI, then thats one less gamble they have to take. At least, thats my opinion.

Very interesting theory. I have no idea, but I'd like to hear other's opinions on this...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to know to. Bump.

I highly doubt it. If they wanted a candidate they wouldn't waitlist at all because if there is no waitlist movement then one would not get in.

I just think LOI have little to no impact at many schools.