OK, this is the problem, I have no idea on how to start an LOI. Does someone have an example? I am looking for a way to say that I will attend if I am offered an acceptance without sounding like a fool. It sounds easy but I can't do it.
Let me try to give you an example (I gleaned this from elias's post but I cannot find it)MErc44 said:OK, this is the problem, I have no idea on how to start an LOI. Does someone have an example? I am looking for a way to say that I will attend if I am offered an acceptance without sounding like a fool. It sounds easy but I can't do it.
In terms of ranked waitlists, I have heard of letters of intent still making a difference. Not too many schools have such a rigid waitlist ranking (at least not to my knowledge, someone please correct me if I am wrong). However, I do understand where you are coming from. If an LOI to your top school will truly not work, you may want to consider sending an LOI to your second choice only if you are willing to go to your second choice even if you get into your first choice later on. I think the consensus on LOIs are they although they are not legally binding, they are ethically binding. I would not send a letter of intent unless I was totally sure I would go there if accepted. If you would love to go to your second choice even if accepted at your top choice, then go for it. If not, perhaps you can write a letter of intent to your top choice and a letter of continued interest to your second choice. Perhaps, for both schools (or at least for your top school), you can ask to meet with the dean of admissions. You should definitely look into what the ranked waitlist at your top choice entails. If you mention that it is your top choice, see if that matters. Good luck with your decision. Please PM me if you have any more questions.chintu said:I have a question about loi. I know its meant to be written only at our top choice; but here's my question. What if I am waitlisted at my top choice
and second choice, but the waitlist at top choice is already ranked and an loi
wouldn't do any good there. Now I can't rely on my top choice so can I write
an loi to my second choice? Someone may suggest to wait till getting rejected by top choice and then write an loi to second choice; but what if
I get rejected by my second choice before my top choice when I didn't even get a chance to write an loi there. I really need to clarify this, so can someone please post any suggestions.
where are you planning on sending this loi? what are the reasons why you are so high on this school?