LOL... still scrambling for a Prelim Surg Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

korry1977

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
LOL... still scrambling for a Prelim Surg Position...

any advice?

getting really frustrated...

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like I might have to sit this year out...

anybody have any recommendations....

like do a research year or take step 3?

thanks for any help...

maybe try to transitional or traditional rotating year? It's better than nothing

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe try to transitional or traditional rotating year? It's better than nothing

good luck

They are all filled....

but thanks anyway.... maybe I will try findaresident

Hi korri, I have some good news for you. the following program is looking for 4 pgy-1 residents but you need to prove that you already secured your pgy-2 spot for next year. at least you can try. let me know. good luck.

Program Name:
Morehouse School of Medicine Program

Specialty:
Surgery-General
dotinv.gif
Program Director:
dotinv.gif
Wm. Lynn Weaver

Phone: (404) 616-1424
Fax: (404) 616-6281
Email: [email protected]
dotinv.gif
dotinv.gif
Address:
Morehouse Sch of Med
720 Westview Dr SW
Atlanta, GA 30310-1495

Web site: www.msm.edu Description: DESIGNATED preliminary resident (DP) positions available for residents who are looking for 1 year prior to continuing their education in another advanced placement program. Positions Available: YearActiveStartDescription/CriteriaLast Update DatePGY1407/01/2007DESIGNATED Preliminary Position - Requires acceptance letter to an advanced program for PGY2 training. Please note, applicants who have completed previous residencies must provide a letter of good standing from their current Program Director assessing their clinical performance in the program and a listing of completed rotations/experiences.

Hi korri, I have some good news for you. the following program is looking for 4 pgy-1 residents but you need to prove that you already secured your pgy-2 spot for next year. at least you can try. let me know. good luck.

Program Name:
Morehouse School of Medicine Program

Specialty:
Surgery-General
dotinv.gif
Program Director:
dotinv.gif
Wm. Lynn Weaver

Phone: (404) 616-1424
Fax: (404) 616-6281
Email: [email protected]
dotinv.gif
dotinv.gif
Address:
Morehouse Sch of Med
720 Westview Dr SW
Atlanta, GA 30310-1495

Web site: www.msm.edu Description: DESIGNATED preliminary resident (DP) positions available for residents who are looking for 1 year prior to continuing their education in another advanced placement program. Positions Available: YearActiveStartDescription/CriteriaLast Update DatePGY1407/01/2007DESIGNATED Preliminary Position - Requires acceptance letter to an advanced program for PGY2 training. Please note, applicants who have completed previous residencies must provide a letter of good standing from their current Program Director assessing their clinical performance in the program and a listing of completed rotations/experiences.

Thanks for the help, but I am looking for an undesignated spot...