Loloya Medical School question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fernj75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Loyola Medical School is screening applicants this year? I know that they usually send secondary applications only to applicants that meet their "minimum requirements". Also, has anyone else received their secondary? If so, please post the essay questions.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I got their secondary today, but it came to my parent's house and i'm at school. My mom's fed-exing it to me, so i'll know what the essays are in a couple days.

i am not sure if they're screening this year, but their 'minimum requirements' in years past have been pretty 'minimal'--at least a 3.0 overall GPA and a 25 on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got their secondary today - here are the essay questions:

1. What do you consider a valuable experience in your personal development? This might be a decision you have made, an achievement of which you are particularly fond, or a person who has influenced your life.

2. Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered.

3. How did you reach your decision to enter medicine? Describe your participation in any health care or other activities which reinforced your decision.

4. What self-education, research, or independent scholastic work have you undertaken and what do you feel you have accomplished in this work?

5. If you will not be onrolled as a full-time student during the current academic year, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation into medical school.

6. Please use this space to bring information contained on your AMCAS application up-to-date. Indicate greades earned, alterations in your proposed course work or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know.

I don't believe Loyola screens applicants. I think just about anyone that applies gets a secondary. Now getting an invitation to interview from them is quite another thing... :)

Waah!! I have received nil from Loyola. *sniff sniff* I really hope that it's just the slow postal system. I'm whining for no reason whatsoever, aren't I? Sorry guys. I'm just ready to get the whole secondary thing over with ASAP, so I can devote the rest of my two months to waiting and worrying about the MCAT scores. :D

Hello,

I got the loyola secondary last week too. I called the school, and they told me that they do screen (even this year, despite the problems with AMCAS!) before sending out the supplemental packets. Maybe someone else can call and confirm? :)

well, this doesn't directly address the screening question, but i just got my loyola secondary in the mail and they had obviously looked over my AMCAS info carefully enough to know that i am in grad school, because they enclosed a separate letter stating that i must finish my degree before matriculating, blah, blah. so while i haven't actually talked to someone in the admissions office to ask if they're still screening, they're still receiving enough info on us and examining it carefully enough to know little details like the fact that i'm a grad student, so i wouldn't be surprised if they looked at gpa's and MCATs too.

Hey all,

I did receive Loyola's secondary yesterday. And yes, they do screen (to some degree). Hope that helps...

I got a secondary yesterday from Loyola and the deadline for submission is September 6th. That seems pretty early to me.

aprilpremed,

The submission date is three weeks from the date they mailed the application (I checked the envelope). Yeah, it is a bit early. I'm going to have to ask for an extension b/c my pre-health committee rec isn't ready yet. :(

Poop. I haven't gotten this one yet. Not that I have time to work on it, but still. So far I've gotten 6 secondaries out of 10 schools. 3 are done, working on 4rth. WHEN do I get to the point when the essays start repeating, and I can cut and paste???? So far all Q's have been different (and annoying)!