Loma Linda and Religion/Culture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunealoneal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking into this program, heard pretty consistent good things training wise, location not terrible for singles, etc.

Was just wondering if anyone could speak to the culture there? Is it more formal than similar programs of its caliber? Anything to look out for with their religious emphasis?

I don't have any specific concerns at all, just want to make sure it'd be a good fit.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard 2nd hand that the cafeteria is not "good". But you will lead a long healthy life if you adopt the institutional dietary habits.

Looking into this program, heard pretty consistent good things training wise, location not terrible for singles, etc.

Was just wondering if anyone could speak to the culture there? Is it more formal than similar programs of its caliber? Anything to look out for with their religious emphasis?

I don't have any specific concerns at all, just want to make sure it'd be a good fit.

Hi I interviewed there this past cycle. The department itself has no "religious" feel to it. It's just like any other place it seems. The hospital has some interesting things like not celebrating holidays and christian music playing in the shuttle, but it's nothing in your face. And as said, cafeteria doesn't have the regular comfort foods haha. Everything is vegetarian including the food in lounges. Coffee is only if you bring it yourself. Otherwise, the department seemed pretty laid back. Good program in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be fine without the coffee (although few of my colleagues would be) but a vegetarian cafeteria would be a deal breaker.

I'd be fine without the coffee (although few of my colleagues would be) but a vegetarian cafeteria would be a deal breaker.
Nothing prevents you from bringing in your own food. Plus ur own food controls what you eat and likely healthier for you. (Thinking on the positive side)