Loma Linda -- Anyone?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stroszeck

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a highly secretive school, I guess. No info from them about how many are accepted -- only response I keep getting is 'you will hear...when you hear' from us.

Has anyone here been accepted/rejected from Loma? I noticed that the acceptance thread is EMPTY for the school. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

so far i only hear one guy from my school, but i dont know if it is real or just rumor.

When I applied to Loma Linda, I interviewed in Nov. and did not hear a thing from them. I got nothing when I called. Then in March an acceptance showed up. Just hang on, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.Brutus said:
When I applied to Loma Linda, I interviewed in Nov. and did not hear a thing from them. I got nothing when I called. Then in March an acceptance showed up. Just hang on, I guess.

Dr. Brutus, are you currently a student at Loma Linda? (You are in Columbus???) What was the interview at Loma Linda like? Are you affiliated with Seventh Day Adventist religious group? If not, do you know how difficult it is to get accepted at LL if you are not affiliated with their group?

belle123 said:
Dr. Brutus, are you currently a student at Loma Linda? (You are in Columbus???) What was the interview at Loma Linda like? Are you affiliated with Seventh Day Adventist religious group? If not, do you know how difficult it is to get accepted at LL if you are not affiliated with their group?
I'm a third year at Ohio State...hence Columbus. But I did like Loma Linda. The interview there was very different. They talked alot about spiritual experiences and spirituality -- which was fine, just very, very different from any other school. No, I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist and, while preference is shown to that group, I think they encourage anyone and everyone to apply.
The interview day itself was very casual. I showed up, they had me write a little essay, I had my interview, they called up a student from the clinic who walked me around the dental school for 20 minutes, and I had time to play a round of golf before catching my flight home (It was November, 76, and perfect -- Quality Recruitment). No meal, no speeches, nothing. However, I think it is very good school that is worth considering.

Stroszeck said:
This is a highly secretive school, I guess. No info from them about how many are accepted -- only response I keep getting is 'you will hear...when you hear' from us.

Has anyone here been accepted/rejected from Loma? I noticed that the acceptance thread is EMPTY for the school. Thanks.

yap I just got my rejection letter today. I guess they don't even care about your GPA and DAT score, because my grades are very good GPA 3.70 and DAT 20, but I am not Christian. But I don't care about them, I have already accepted to schools that I wanted.

lida said:
yap I just got my rejection letter today. I guess they don't even care about your GPA and DAT score, because my grades are very good GPA 3.70 and DAT 20, but I am not Christian. But I don't care about them, I have already accepted to schools that I wanted.

What a joke. I can't believe such a school is around in this day and age. How can the ADA even allow it? I guess I'll never understand. It's not much of my concern anyways cuz I didn't apply there but, if I did and I had high stats and got rejected, I'd be pissed. Just look at it like this, God knows what's best for you so thank Him for steering you clear of Loma Linda :p

I heared they value your backgroud, activities and personal statements (including 2ndry). if those categories doesnt match with what they want (which they think you will definately hate the school? ) or very likely you will not attend the school anyway, they will reject you.

that just from what i heared, so it might not be accurate but i think it make sense.

Audio said:
What a joke. I can't believe such a school is around in this day and age. How can the ADA even allow it?

It's a private school--they can do whatever they want.

What I find mind-boggling is that educated people still believe in god this day and age...

grmaster1 said:

What I find mind-boggling is that educated people still believe in god this day and age...

I think you will find yourself in the minority. Every educated person I know believes in God.

grmaster1 said:

I tend to agree with you. Beliefs of all kinds have there place in human life, but it's something that is and should remain personal. I don't get why people feel obligated to impose their beliefs on others and become intolerant of those who don't share their beliefs. Through history (and even today!) this has been one of the leading causes of wars and suffering.

Would the world be a more peaceful place with fewer believers?

And while we're on the subject, how about intelligent design??

SunnyDay said:
I think you will find yourself in the minority. Every educated person I know believes in God.

Really? How can someone go through 4 years of university and take courses on evolution, genetics, philosophy, etc and still believe in God as He's represented in religious texts? I guess it's just cuz I come from a non-religious family so it was natural for me to adopt the views of science while others have

PS when one becomes truly educated, he/she may find less of a need for belief in GOD. Most educated people I know i.e. my professors, parents, friends, etc. don't believe in GOD the way religious texts describe HIM. In fact, most of us just believe in pure science to explain things.

Audio said:
PS when one becomes truly educated, he/she may find less of a need for belief in GOD. Most educated people I know i.e. my professors, parents, friends, etc. don't believe in GOD the way religious texts describe HIM. In fact, most of us just believe in pure science to explain things.

Calm down, Audio, Sunnyday is right at least for the US. The vast majority of people here believe in a supernatural deity or, more specifically, in a son of that deity...

And, if you beleive in pure science, you shouldn't use CAPS for a word "god." ;)

I know, it's my bust bringing this topic into a dental forum--I just couldn't help it...

In Lida's case, you should always do a reseach first--Loma Linda is a well-known religious (christian) institution--why would you waste your money and their time?

Anyways, to all christians--merry christmas; to all jews--happy hanukkah; to some people--happy kwanzaa;

and to all heathens and infidels like me--HAPPY NEW YEAR!

grmaster1 said:
Calm down, Audio, Sunnyday is right at least for the US. The vast majority of people here believe in a supernatural deity or, more specifically, in a son of that deity...

And, if you beleive in pure science, you shouldn't use CAPS for a word "god." ;)

I know, it's my bust bringing this topic into a dental forum--I just couldn't help it...

In Lida's case, you should always do a reseach first--Loma Linda is a well-known religious (christian) institution--why would you waste your money and their time?

Anyways, to all christians--merry christmas; to all jews--happy hanukkah; to some people--happy kwanzaa;

and to all heathens and infidels like me--HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I don't think anything in my statement shows that I'm not calm. Also, the reason I do capatilize His name is because I still have respect for others. Also, I didn't apply to Loma Linda.

And by "a lot of people here", I'm sure you don't mean in the world of academia ;)

Dr.Brutus said:
I'm a third year at Ohio State...hence Columbus. But I did like Loma Linda. The interview there was very different. They talked alot about spiritual experiences and spirituality -- which was fine, just very, very different from any other school. No, I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist and, while preference is shown to that group, I think they encourage anyone and everyone to apply.
The interview day itself was very casual. I showed up, they had me write a little essay, I had my interview, they called up a student from the clinic who walked me around the dental school for 20 minutes, and I had time to play a round of golf before catching my flight home (It was November, 76, and perfect -- Quality Recruitment). No meal, no speeches, nothing. However, I think it is very good school that is worth considering.

Dr. Brutus, thank you for taking the time to reply to my message. I really appreciate it!!!!! Thanks!!!!

I received my acceptance letter on Dec. 12 to Loma Linda. I think there is one other person currently on the acceptance thread.