Loma Linda applicants... Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
What kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Please help.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I am on the alternate list for this school! haha. They asked me questions like: Why did you pick OT?, in a group project situation, what role do you take?, what is OT?, what volunteer work have you done?, why LLU?, and some other situational questions that I can't remember.

This school is more expensive than D'Youville but it has a better reputation for the OT program :p when is your interview and are you doing the interview via phone? I was there back in October.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey soccerforever, I interviewed in December; my interviewer was really nice and made me feel comfortable. I had a skype interview and was really nervous at first but it's best to just be yourself and answer questions honestly. She asked me a lot of situational questions, about my volunteer work, what I learned, what advice I'd give to other people and about moral dilemma's and how I handled them. I spent the whole night before preparing for questions I thought she might ask, and she didn't ask any of them! It might be different for each person or each interviewer but I'd say just to be yourself. When is your interview?

Thanks guys, my interview Wednesday and it will be via phone. Thanks:)

Thanks, I felt like my interview went well! Unfortunately, I still haven't heard anything and it's killing me! I guess they put my application on hold waiting for my fall semester grades so I'm hoping they will be able to make a decision soon. I know my grades are in now but I don't know when they'll be meeting again. You said you are on the alternate list OT2bhopefully? When did you find out?

I heard back early January. Did you apply anywhere else?

Thanks, I felt like my interview went well! Unfortunately, I still haven't heard anything and it's killing me! I guess they put my application on hold waiting for my fall semester grades so I'm hoping they will be able to make a decision soon. I know my grades are in now but I don't know when they'll be meeting again. You said you are on the alternate list OT2bhopefully? When did you find out?

I heard back early January. Did you apply anywhere else?

Did you hear back from email or mail? I keep checking both constantly it's driving me crazy! :eek: I didn't apply anywhere else. I want to live in Southern California and I don't have an undergraduate degree so if I don't get in to Loma Linda, I'll probably go to Santa Ana for OTA then continue school so I can work as an OTA at the same time. Guess we'll see! Did you apply anywhere else? Was Loma Linda your #1 choice?

I first found out about my status on the application website. You can check your status on there, then I got the letter in the mail a week later. Well, it was one of my top choices. I got into Nova Southeastern University, also one of my top choices, so I'm going there most likely if I don't hear back from LLU. I applied to a total of 11 schools this year all over the country LOL.

Did you hear back from email or mail? I keep checking both constantly it's driving me crazy! :eek: I didn't apply anywhere else. I want to live in Southern California and I don't have an undergraduate degree so if I don't get in to Loma Linda, I'll probably go to Santa Ana for OTA then continue school so I can work as an OTA at the same time. Guess we'll see! Did you apply anywhere else? Was Loma Linda your #1 choice?

I first found out about my status on the application website. You can check your status on there, then I got the letter in the mail a week later. Well, it was one of my top choices. I got into Nova Southeastern University, also one of my top choices, so I'm going there most likely if I don't hear back from LLU. I applied to a total of 11 schools this year all over the country LOL.

Okay. I'll definitely have to continue checking online and in the mail. Congrats on your acceptance to Southeastern University! That's exciting! :) Have you heard from any other schools?

Thanks! I only heard back from a few for interviews, I cancelled one because I didn't think I would go to the school. I told most to remove my applications. Only schools I'm waiting on left to hear back is just LLU and University of Puget sound. You should apply to more schools as back up! :)
Okay. I'll definitely have to continue checking online and in the mail. Congrats on your acceptance to Southeastern University! That's exciting! :) Have you heard from any other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I only heard back from a few for interviews, I cancelled one because I didn't think I would go to the school. I told most to remove my applications. Only schools I'm waiting on left to hear back is just LLU and University of Puget sound. You should apply to more schools as back up! :)

Oh okay, awesome! Yeah, I'm definitely planning on it but if LLU doesn't work out I'm going to have to finish up some prerequisites at the school I'm at before transferring. So, it's just going to be a long process for me unfortunately but I figure whatever happens is what is meant to be :) Do you have a Undergraduate degree? And I forgot to ask before, are you SDA?

I have a bachelor degree in business and no I'm not SDA. Are you?

Nope. I am a Christian but not SDA. I know that LLU students applying who are SDA, have priority over other students though.
Really , students who are SDA have priority over other students who are not?:eek:

Really , students who are SDA have priority over other students who are not?:eek:

Yup! Unfortunately. I asked a while ago when I went to visit the campus. But they did emphasize that they make their decisions based on multiple things and they do take students of all religions and backgrounds. I'm guessing you're not SDA either? That's okay! I wouldn't say it's something to really worry about if you're otherwise a good candidate. Btw, how did your interview go?

Yup! Unfortunately. I asked a while ago when I went to visit the campus. But they did emphasize that they make their decisions based on multiple things and they do take students of all religions and backgrounds. I'm guessing you're not SDA either? That's okay! I wouldn't say it's something to really worry about if you're otherwise a good candidate. Btw, how did your interview go?
Well, no I'm not SDA. my interview went very well. So with that said, if two applicants have the same states, almost everything same but one of them is SDA he/she would be preferred....Right?

Well, no I'm not SDA. my interview went very well. So with that said, if two applicants have the same states, almost everything same but one of them is SDA he/she would be preferred....Right?

Probably, but I can't say for sure that is how they would make the decision. I think they really just want their students to abide by their values and lifestyle.

Hello everyone,

I was recently interviewed at LLU. I was told by a friend that the actual interviewing process would last about 20-30mins but mine lasted for nearly an hour! And that's not including the essay portion.

Was everyone else's that long? (By the way, it is so nerve-wrecking to wait for that dreadful letter of acceptance/rejection haha).

Hello everyone,

I was recently interviewed at LLU. I was told by a friend that the actual interviewing process would last about 20-30mins but mine lasted for nearly an hour! And that's not including the essay portion.

Was everyone else's that long? (By the way, it is so nerve-wrecking to wait for that dreadful letter of acceptance/rejection haha).
Mine was an hour or so too:)

Hello everyone,

Hey! My interview was about an hour too, but I didn't have to write an essay. What was your essay for? And the waiting process is killing me too! Haha

Hey! My interview was about an hour too, but I didn't have to write an essay. What was your essay for? And the waiting process is killing me too! Haha
I didn't have to write an essay either:)

How strange! Seriously, no essay? I wonder what that means.

My interviewer said that I had to write a "fun" essay. I guess it was fun in the sense that it wasn't too though-provoking.

I have a friend who's completing the OT program at LLU and he told me about the essay ahead of time (although the prompt changed). He believed it was a way for them to get a glimpse into your writing skills.

By the way, have you two heard back yet? I noticed that you've also been waiting for an answer. According to them, I should be receiving a letter within the next week or so. Ahhhh! They should call or send an email rather than a letter. The anticipation is making me so obsessive over my mail.

Oh, nevermind. Both of you guys did not interview in person. That must be why you didn't have to write an essay. Lucky! :)

jenatlb, I still haven't heard anything yet either! Still waiting, and it is killing me! After obsessing over my mail and email for multiple weeks I just figured I'll find out when I find out Lol when was your interview? Hopefully they'll be sending out decisions soon!

How strange! Seriously, no essay? I wonder what that means.

My interviewer said that I had to write a "fun" essay. I guess it was fun in the sense that it wasn't too though-provoking.

I have a friend who's completing the OT program at LLU and he told me about the essay ahead of time (although the prompt changed). He believed it was a way for them to get a glimpse into your writing skills.

By the way, have you two heard back yet? I noticed that you've also been waiting for an answer. According to them, I should be receiving a letter within the next week or so. Ahhhh! They should call or send an email rather than a letter. The anticipation is making me so obsessive over my mail.

jenatlb, I still haven't heard anything yet either! Still waiting, and it is killing me! After obsessing over my mail and email for multiple weeks I just figured I'll find out when I find out Lol when was your interview? Hopefully they'll be sending out decisions soon!
I too have not heard yet. However, I am not worried since I have been accepted in another school. Good luck:)

I too have not heard yet. However, I am not worried since I have been accepted in another school. Good luck:)

Congrats! Where else were you accepted? Are you going to go there or wait until you hear back from LLU?

I interviewed last Tuesday. Every morning, I wake up anxious to check my mail. Hahaha.

Hey guys,

I wanted to keep you posted and share that I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I sincerely hope you guys hear from them soon!