Loma Linda Class of 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to Loma Linda. I'm all for religion. I am a fairly religious person. But I'm not christian or catholic. But I'm definately open to learning about new religions. My religion doesn't say to avoid other religions. I wont go into all of that over here!

However, when I was a child, my parents enrolled me into an after school club sponserd by the church, it was a new experience for me.

I guess I'm drawn to Loma Linda in this way! But what are my chances with average GPA (around 3.0) and yet to take the DAT (hoping to score into 20's). I don't have stellar volunteer service, although I do have some.

And I don't have experiences associated with any kind of religious institution since my younger days, although I still do pray with my family every day (or nearly everyday).

So, what do you all think? Do I have what it takes to get accepted to my first choice school?

I know a lot of you are allready accepted, and probably don't care for these kinds of posts, but I would truly appreciate any input, and reasons as to why you've been accepted.

Do I have any hope? Thanks In Advance, And I'll Definately Keep Up To Date With This Thread!

Members don't see this ad.

dentallover15 said:
I read somewhere that you need a letter of recommendation from a church leader of some sort....is this rumor true? What if you're not Christian?

You do need a LOR from a religious figure. I imagine that the Adventists, being Christian, would prefer one from a Christian leader but I don't believe LLU has any policy stating otherwise (e.g. from a Muslim or Jewish religious source). I suggest that you contact the school's administration and see what their thoughts on the matter are.

Sprgrover said:
You do need a LOR from a religious figure. I imagine that the Adventists, being Christian, would prefer one from a Christian leader but I don't believe LLU has any policy stating otherwise (e.g. from a Muslim or Jewish religious source). I suggest that you contact the school's administration and see what their thoughts on the matter are.

you don't need onw from religious leader. this question was already answered. they prefer it br from church leader, but it can be anybody who knows you persoanlly besides your family. laters

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I've just been looking at the computer ordering website. Have you guys seen that? The computer's only $1770, not a bad deal, but then with all the options of customizing it the price can jump to $3815!!!! How should I know right now which options I'll want in my computer for the next four years? For example, the speed - if you get the 770 processor (2.13 GHz) instead of the 740 (1.73 GHz), it's an extra $200. and the memory - going from 1 GB to 2 is an extra $620. What do you guys think. Maybe I'll ask this on the dental thread to get some experienced opinions.

USUaggie said:
So, I've just been looking at the computer ordering website. Have you guys seen that? The computer's only $1770, not a bad deal, but then with all the options of customizing it the price can jump to $3815!!!! How should I know right now which options I'll want in my computer for the next four years? For example, the speed - if you get the 770 processor (2.13 GHz) instead of the 740 (1.73 GHz), it's an extra $200. and the memory - going from 1 GB to 2 is an extra $620. What do you guys think. Maybe I'll ask this on the dental thread to get some experienced opinions.

i actually already bought it and received it in the mail. but before i bought it i asked the dental computing services at loma linda if i needed any of the upgrades and you don't. it just depends on if YOU want them or think you will need them or not. for example, if you load your computer with pics and stuff you might want to upgrade. but yeah it is really cheap for what you get with it also. but i just got the basics. laters