loma linda interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview invite from LLU and I've been contemplating whether I should go to the interview.

I already got into BU and I was comparing BU and LLU, and the only thing that makes me consider LLU is the fact that it's in california and close to my family. I'm a christian, but not really hardcore so I don't know how I will fit there.

Also I'm trying to compare their match lists, but I couldn't find LLU match list. Does anyone know how they match? particulary compared to BU?

Members don't see this ad.

no one know where to find LLU match list?

I'm not sure about the match list, though I know they match well and score particularly high within patient/doctor interaction evaluation.

Then again, personally I don't think you should pick a school based on how they match. If it's a better fit for you, go there and work hard and you'll probably match well.

Good luck with your decision, and I say take the LLU interview, they're laid back and you can at least check it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the interview! I've heard such wonderful things about LLU, and it might be a great way to connect with other Christians that share your love of medicine.

Unless you're 100% settled on BU, check out LLU. You may absolutely love it there... or not. Either way, you'll only find out if you go to the interview.

Go to the interview! I've heard such wonderful things about LLU, and it might be a great way to connect with other Christians that share your love of medicine.

Unless you're 100% settled on BU, check out LLU. You may absolutely love it there... or not. Either way, you'll only find out if you go to the interview.

I am going to partly second this... If you know you won't go to LLU don't go just to see the school, etc. Leave the spot for someone else to interview there who would go to the school.

That being said, it seems like an amazing school! If you think you could be swayed from BU, then definitely go. But if you know you are going to go to BU at this point, I say give up the spot for someone else.

Good luck in deciding!

As someone waiting (and hoping) to get an interview invite from LLU, I would have to say NO, DON'T GO! Just think of all the cost/time/stress involved with an interview. Give up the spot and I will gracefully fill it for you.

I'm totally joking (except that I really am waiting to hear from them), if I were in your shoes I would probably go to it to see if it clicked for you. You never know until you go right? If you decide not to, then I understand and will gladly take your spot.

Good Luck either way!

As an applicant who has recently gone to a LLU interview, I would suggest you go. LLU seemed like a wonderful school and it is in a beautiful area. The staff and students are friendly and welcoming as well. Their simulation center was the best I've seen so far and they really teach you how to interact with with patients on a deeper level (spiritually as well as medically). I had a great time on the interview, but I guess it really depends on how you feel about it.

The environment that you will get at LLU will probably be very different from what you would get at BU. The only way that you can decide whether the environment here is good for you is coming to see it. As a 2nd year medical student here I can honestly say that I really like it here. I will actually be a little envious of the incoming class of 2013 because you all will be in our new state of the art Centennial complex. I took my classes in a building built in the 1930s.

Besides all that, there are technically nice people at every medical school. What LLU has that no other school does it a real Christian medical environment. Their goal isn't to put out conservative Christians; their goal is to put out doctors who continue the mission of the school, which is to make man (and woman) whole...physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc. It sounds like a catch phrase but they really do a good job of facilitating that transformation. There are people here who get into derm, and there are those who go into family. It all depends on you and the type of student you are, but once again I think you'll either fall in love with LLU or cross it off your list when you interview here. So come and see!

my cousin graduated from llumed 2 years ago and got ortho. when i was there for the graduation and they were naming off the residencies ppl had and where they were i heard alot of anesthesiology and surgery residencies.. that seemed to be the hot thing. not to mention all his friends who graduated the year before were all in pgy1 surg progs so im guessing they were in g surg or somethign else decent. you cant go wrong with llu.. i'd go there if i wasnt heading DO.