• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Loma Linda is FULL for now!

About the Ads

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Wen i got my acceptance, they sent me just one letter, with no instructions. they never sent a package to ask for a deposit etc. what the hell? Did anyone else have this?

tooth decay

science officer
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
Wen i got my acceptance, they sent me just one letter, with no instructions. they never sent a package to ask for a deposit etc. what the hell? Did anyone else have this?

The LLU admissions people knew you were going to say the word "hell", so now they have rescinded your acceptance. How did they know that?

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
interesting how they've filled up but they just sent me a letter yesterday saying that i had 2 weeks to turn in a deposit

what you probably meant was they have given out enough acceptances to fill their class but let's not forget, not everyone decides to attend

so by no means are they full

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
interesting how they've filled up but they just sent me a letter yesterday saying that i had 2 weeks to turn in a deposit

what you probably meant was they have given out enough acceptances to fill their class but let's not forget, not everyone decides to attend

so by no means are they full

Hey pacbum,

congratulations on your acceptance at LLU. When did you interview and how long after the interview did you find out that you were accepted?

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey pacbum,

congratulations on your acceptance at LLU. When did you interview and how long after the interview did you find out that you were accepted?

hey, i interviewed a while back, december. i got the initial acceptance letter maybe 2 weeks ago (end of january). figured it took a while then bc of the Christmas break. i heard they're somewhat slow on the process though.

good luck, i hope it all works out for those waiting. i'm giving up my spot so hope that opens up a spot for y'all

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
hey, i interviewed a while back, december. i got the initial acceptance letter maybe 2 weeks ago (end of january). figured it took a while then bc of the Christmas break. i heard they're somewhat slow on the process though.

good luck, i hope it all works out for those waiting. i'm giving up my spot so hope that opens up a spot for y'all

pacbum,

congrats again.. Fairly quick turnaround, then (considering Christmas and all)

I am curious as to why you are giving up your spot at LLU? Was there anything about the school that you didn't like? Any thoughts you could share would be really helpful for others trying to make decisions about LLU? Thanks!!

About the Ads

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
pacbum,

congrats again.. Fairly quick turnaround, then (considering Christmas and all)

I am curious as to why you are giving up your spot at LLU? Was there anything about the school that you didn't like? Any thoughts you could share would be really helpful for others trying to make decisions about LLU? Thanks!!

hey burton, sorry for getting back to you later. imo, llu is an excellent clincal school. the reason i decided against it was location (i'm about 2 hours away, and not too fond of the riverside area). the city of loma linda just didn't seem as appealing a NYC or Boston. and for me personally, I wanted to live in a new city. loma linda was basically just too close, and i went to undergrad around here, so for me, it was time to get out.

it was nothing against the school, because i am convinced that it is an excellent school with great service opportunities and outreach programs. their clinical exposure is early on, and i think their program is solid.

but good luck to you, and all the other applicants waiting on llu. i hope it works out for the best for you all.

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I just got my acceptance last week, and then another letter followed for deposit by the 21st... Other than that I have not heard anything else from the school...

Who all in here is actually planning on attending class 11 at LLU?

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
I just got my acceptance last week, and then another letter followed for deposit by the 21st... Other than that I have not heard anything else from the school...

Who all in here is actually planning on attending class 11 at LLU?

Hey Leedizzal!,

Congratulations on your LLU acceptance! I'm still waiting to find out...

Are you planning to attend LLU or not and what are your stats, if you don't mind? (I highly recommend predents.com)

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
hey burton, sorry for getting back to you later. imo, llu is an excellent clincal school. the reason i decided against it was location (i'm about 2 hours away, and not too fond of the riverside area). the city of loma linda just didn't seem as appealing a NYC or Boston. and for me personally, I wanted to live in a new city. loma linda was basically just too close, and i went to undergrad around here, so for me, it was time to get out.

it was nothing against the school, because i am convinced that it is an excellent school with great service opportunities and outreach programs. their clinical exposure is early on, and i think their program is solid.

but good luck to you, and all the other applicants waiting on llu. i hope it works out for the best for you all.

Thanks for the kind words. I think LLU has a pretty great program as well. Best of luck to you too in your new city - wherever you decide! :thumbup:

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey Leedizzal!,

Congratulations on your LLU acceptance! I'm still waiting to find out...

Are you planning to attend LLU or not and what are your stats, if you don't mind? (I highly recommend predents.com)

Thanks, and stats as in DAT scores?
ACA: 20
PAT 19
RC: 22
GC:23
OC:22
BIO:19
math: 15 :( I have always hated it always will and no I dont know my times tables :D)

GPA 3.75 science
overall 3.65

Hold an AS (rad tech), and a BS radiation science...

I will be attending LLU, I love the school and it was my first pick...

its a lot of pressure off to have gotten the letter finally.. You have time though its still very possible to get accepted...

Um yeah I went to predents just now tried to make an acct but never got an email from the system mabye its broken so cant really log in or do anything looks like a great site...

I wish I had thought of finding fourms for this earlier like back in july and aug...

Good luck and I hope the best for you...

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks, and stats as in DAT scores?
ACA: 20
PAT 19
RC: 22
GC:23
OC:22
BIO:19
math: 15 :( I have always hated it always will and no I dont know my times tables :D)

GPA 3.75 science
overall 3.65

Hold an AS (rad tech), and a BS radiation science...

I will be attending LLU, I love the school and it was my first pick...

its a lot of pressure off to have gotten the letter finally.. You have time though its still very possible to get accepted...

Um yeah I went to predents just now tried to make an acct but never got an email from the system mabye its broken so cant really log in or do anything looks like a great site...

I wish I had thought of finding fourms for this earlier like back in july and aug...

Good luck and I hope the best for you...

Hey Thanks... Congratulations again! When did you interview?

About the Ads

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey Thanks... Congratulations again! When did you interview?

Oh I was pretty late on everything....

I interviewed mid dec, think it was the 12th mabye early dec sorry I know I waited around here for a week with nothing to do waiting to interview before I could go home on x mas break...

When did you interview? Where did you do your under grad?

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Oh I was pretty late on everything....

I interviewed mid dec, think it was the 12th mabye early dec sorry I know I waited around here for a week with nothing to do waiting to interview before I could go home on x mas break...

When did you interview? Where did you do your under grad?

Check my predents account for all the details.

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Check my predents account for all the details.

ahhh thats how everybody knows so much bout everybody was wondering

Your scores look pretty good, science is right at their "threshold" whatever that means....

I would think they would love you with all the dent observation time and what have you.....

What does it mean when it says attending on your acct?

How old are you?

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004

Your scores look pretty good, science is right at their "threshold" whatever that means....

I would think they would love you with all the dent observation time and what have you.....

Thanks for the kudos! on predents.com, when you update your account - the attending box is to indicate which school you have selected to attend out of the schools you've been accepted at (if more than one).

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004

How old are you?

leedizzal - your PM box is full!

Heli-Doctor

Sexiest Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
back seat
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Heli Doctor - care to share why you are choosing another school over Loma Linda? Any thoughts would be really helpful!!

Sorry it's been a while Burton, I have three kids so cost of living in an area becomes a huge financial decision, more so than tuition in my case due to needing a bigger house and food for 5 as opposed to one or two etc. Loma Linda or anywhere in Cali is expensive. I got a half tuition scholarship to Creighton (RDEP if you are familiar), and Omaha is way cheap. As far as the actual schools go, I am really sad to give up a spot at LLU, but Creighton has a strong program and my family will be happy there.

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Sorry it's been a while Burton, I have three kids so cost of living in an area becomes a huge financial decision, more so than tuition in my case due to needing a bigger house and food for 5 as opposed to one or two etc. Loma Linda or anywhere in Cali is expensive. I got a half tuition scholarship to Creighton (RDEP if you are familiar), and Omaha is way cheap. As far as the actual schools go, I am really sad to give up a spot at LLU, but Creighton has a strong program and my family will be happy there.

NO Problem heli-doctor! I am sure those little guys keep you quite busy! It's just the wife and I and the dog, so I can't imagine what that would be like at this point!

Congratulations on RDEP and Creighton! It definitely sounds like it was a hard decision for you guys to make, although the financial component will set you up big time for success right out of d-school. (Practice startup, etc...)

Omaha is definitely cheaper than SoCal for sure! Creighton definitely has a great program and you'll come out ready to treat patients big time with way less financial obligations. Sounds like a great match for you and your family! Best of luck to you and wishing you continued success!!

gijohn529

USC Dental 2012
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So I had my interview last week and I really enjoyed the campus and the facilities. They are currently fixing a lab right now so that is a plus. Everyone was really friendly and the environment was calm and relaxed. My interview went really well, we mostly talked about my family background. I hope I am a match after running my grades into an algorithm and getting an A OK! from the admissions commity.

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
So I had my interview last week and I really enjoyed the campus and the facilities. They are currently fixing a lab right now so that is a plus. Everyone was really friendly and the environment was calm and relaxed. My interview went really well, we mostly talked about my family background. I hope I am a match after running my grades into an algorithm and getting an A OK! from the admissions commity.

Hey Gijohn!

Congratulations on your interview! I had a great experience there too! Quick question - what do you mean by running you grades through an algorithm? Did they sit down with you and calculate something out? Did they say that there was some kind of number they were looking for?

Just curious!

burton117

gijohn529

USC Dental 2012
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
In order for LLU to be ethical, they want to make sure every student will be able to pass the board exams. The way they find out is they take all of your grades and run it through an algorythm which will predict if you will be fine or not. They do that to every candidate after the interview process when the admissions commitee meets to decide who gets an acceptance letter.

tooth decay

science officer
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
In order for LLU to be ethical, they want to make sure every student will be able to pass the board exams. The way they find out is they take all of your grades and run it through an algorythm which will predict if you will be fine or not. They do that to every candidate after the interview process when the admissions commitee meets to decide who gets an acceptance letter.

If that were true, would they not have one of the highest pass rates and scores amongst all dental schools? I do not know the answer to that, but I do not think it is a matter of being ethical versus other dental schools. Aside from their emphasis on Christian values, I think they work the same way as other admissions committees.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.