Loma Linda is the best!

ink

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
    Oh my Gosh.

Loma Linda returned my application fee when I informed them that I was withdrawing my application.

They are true morals.

Did you get money back from any other medical school?

Curious

About the Ads

dsblaha

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 29, 2004
    Winston-Salem
      Washington University St. Louis.

I originally did not apply there because it is hard to get into. When my MCAT results came in they sent a letter asking me to apply. I did so thinking this meant I had a chance, they soon rejected me with no interview, so I wrote them a letter questioning their motivation and they returned my application fee.

I'm not bitter or anything. . . . .

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Dec 14, 2003
        Originally posted by jlee9531
        hey did you call and tell them you were gonna withdraw??

cause im gonna call them on monday if thats teh case....please LL dont make a decision on me yet....

Aw come on, just treat it as a once-in-a-lifetime donation to the Seventh Day Adventist Church ;)

DMBUGA34

15+ Year Member
        Oct 16, 2003
          McGill sent me a refund after they unjustly cancelled my application. They claimed to have never received my MCAT scores though I sent them 5 times. After they cancelled my application I wrote the Dean and he said they did have my scores and that it was their fault, not mine. So I asked for a refund and got it.....but in Canadian dollars. Now I have to wait until I find an RBC bank around here

ElyMD2008

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Mar 16, 2004
          Sacramento, CA
            Hey, I withdrew from Georgetown and Pritzker and I didn't see any money coming back to me. Where's the love?
            I'm all smiles for those withdrawing from LLU. It's my first choice and I'm still waiting for a post-interview response. However, I didn't interview until late February so it will probably be awhile.

Adapt

2K Member
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Mar 19, 2003
              Originally posted by ElyMD2008
              I'm all smiles for those withdrawing from LLU. It's my first choice and I'm still waiting for a post-interview response. However, I didn't interview until late February so it will probably be awhile.
              Hey Ely. It is also my first choice at this point and I've been waiting post-interview since late January. Waiting sucks. :(

About the Ads

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
              7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Nov 6, 2003
              'Eaterville
                Hey Slickness, I have actually been reading everyones posts about LLU for awhile and just finally decided to become a member and join in. Hopefully we will hear soooon!

Hey! Don't forget about me... waiting since Feb 10th! I don't expect a decision until may-june, so I'm just chillin' :cool:

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Dec 14, 2003
                  Originally posted by jhk43
                  does loma linda take "regular" christians?

So I guess SDA's are "irregular" or "abnormal" huh? ;)

Well they do. In fact, they do accept non-Christians as well, but the number is pretty small (Probably b/c non-Christians don't find Loma Linda's religious affiliation too appealing to them)

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
                  7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Nov 6, 2003
                  'Eaterville
                    Originally posted by CalBeE
                    So I guess SDA's are "irregular" or "abnormal" huh? ;)

Well they do. In fact, they do accept non-Christians as well, but the number is pretty small (Probably b/c non-Christians don't find Loma Linda's religious affiliation too appealing to them)

Having taken the time to research the SDA faith, I find it even more appealing. People (not anyone in particular) should just READ their website, not go by rumors.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Dec 14, 2003
                      Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
                      Having taken the time to research the SDA faith, I find it even more appealing. People (not anyone in particular) should just READ their website, not go by rumors.

I grew up as a SDA all my life. Well during 2nd year in college I decided not to call myself a Christian anymore even though I was officially baptized.

It's just me...SDA's not for me at all.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
                      15+ Year Member
                      Dec 14, 2003
                        Originally posted by Mr Reddly
                        So you're trying to say that before 2nd year, when you met people for the first time you said "Hi. I'm CalBeE. I'm a Christian." And that after 2nd year, you changed to "Hi. I'm CalBeE. Who the hell are you?" :laugh:

I never really mentioned being a Christian unless someone asked. I have never been very religious anyway. The decision to be baptized was more of a decision of my parents and I felt "What's the point of arguing about this with them? It's not like I'm signing my life away"

Seriously, the moment I see the light and turn away from religion, I find that I became a new person--it was like reborn again. Ironically, that's supposed to be what I feel when I was baptized instead. :p

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
                        15+ Year Member
                        Dec 14, 2003
                          Originally posted by Mr Reddly
                          It was sarcasm! Didn't you get the Bart Simpson refrence?:laugh:

Sorry I guess I'm too OLD for Simpsons...didn't catch that ;)

Yea after 18 years old, it's all downhill from there...not even the 21 milestone helps much at all.:(

ElyMD2008

7+ Year Member
                          15+ Year Member
                          Mar 16, 2004
                          Sacramento, CA
                            Hey jLee9531 Congrats on UCD, it's a great schools. I volunteered at the med center for four years and loved it. Most of the attendings, especially in the ED are wonderful. There is a great sense of community among the students and residents. I have nothing but love for UCD. If you need anything in regards to the city let me know, I have lived in Sac my whole life. :clap:

jlee9531

J,A,S
                            10+ Year Member
                            15+ Year Member
                            Nov 25, 2002
                            CA
                            fantasysports.yahoo.com
                            1. Attending Physician
                              Hey jLee9531 Congrats on UCD, it's a great schools. I volunteered at the med center for four years and loved it. Most of the attendings, especially in the ED are wonderful. There is a great sense of community among the students and residents. I have nothing but love for UCD. If you need anything in regards to the city let me know, I have lived in Sac my whole life. :clap:

thanks! ill make sure i save your name just incase i have many questions...:D

Jagleaso

10+ Year Member
                              7+ Year Member
                              May 18, 2004
                              Dallas
                              1. Resident [Any Field]
                                CalBeE said:
                                I grew up as a SDA all my life. Well during 2nd year in college I decided not to call myself a Christian anymore even though I was officially baptized.

It's just me...SDA's not for me at all.

I understand how you feel.
                                My father is a minister in the SDA chuch and nobody turns me off more than SDA's themselves. I have had an inside view of church politics for a long time and it makes me sick. It seems old-school SDA's are extremely judgemental and if your way isn't there way then its the wrong way. I do think that these problems are generally enhanced by the SDA's living in California. They seem to be extremely stuck on this stupid health message for some reason, it doesnt seem to be that big a deal where i am from (Texas.)

Nonetheless i have done lots of study'ing and I think that the SDA chuch is founded on what is right and has very strong support biblically. I just wish more SDA's would show the true spirit of Christ instead of fighting amongst themselves and judging others.

The church, much like a hospital, is a place for sick people!

About the Ads
                                This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                7. This thread is locked.