Loma Linda January Interview - accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fouyboy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed at Loma Linda in January and have been accepted or is still waitting for a response through their snail mail notice?

reply with what date u interviewed and if are still waitting for a response.

ME:
interview date: 16th

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at LLU on the 10th of January. I called the school this last week about a decision and they told me to call back on Monday the 31st to possibly get an answer.

fouyboy said:
Anyone interviewed at Loma Linda in January and have been accepted or is still waitting for a response through their snail mail notice?

reply with what date u interviewed and if are still waitting for a response.

ME:
interview date: 16th

Interviewed end of December. Haven't heard a word and called, but was told that would be called soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just have an off-topic question if you don't mind. How long (after your file is complete) did you have to wait to get your interview? Thanks.

for loma linda....i waited like 3 weeks i think after i turned in my secondary to get an interview....i interviewed in mid-dec and i havent heard anything yet either.

luder98 said:
Just have an off-topic question if you don't mind. How long (after your file is complete) did you have to wait to get your interview? Thanks.

jonnytight said:
for loma linda....i waited like 3 weeks i think after i turned in my secondary to get an interview....i interviewed in mid-dec and i havent heard anything yet either.
Thanks. My file has been completed for 2+ weeks now. I hope to hear something from them. I really like their way of treating students.

I interviewed there in Mid-November, and still haven't heard anything. I've called a few times but every time I do they just tell me that all admission updates are done via snail-mail, and both times they've been pretty rude about it. I know they must get a lot of calls but yikes, do I really want to go there after they treat me like dirt?

wammmy said:
I interviewed there in Mid-November, and still haven't heard anything. I've called a few times but every time I do they just tell me that all admission updates are done via snail-mail, and both times they've been pretty rude about it. I know they must get a lot of calls but yikes, do I really want to go there after they treat me like dirt?

I feel your pain. They didn't treat me like dirt but yet their system is not effient. They called me and left a message that they needed my transcript. It's weird because I already had my interview with them. How could they give an interview without transcript? I hope it's just an honest error. BTW LLU is the first school to send me an interview after secondary, I waited one week in December and was surprised to get a call.

How was the LLU interview?

I had an interview at loma linda in november, and still had not heard anything. I called loma linda today and they said that they were still reviewing applications and that my file was still under review..... but not a review for acceptance, but rather a review for an interivew. I was surprised and told the lady I had interview a long time ago, so I guess they misplaced my file.... instead of putting in the review for admissions pile, they put it in the review for interview. Anyways she said I should have a response from them by next week. We will see.

I just had my interview at LLU and they told me that it will take a month before I would hear anything. For some of you I know it has been even longer. From what I understand when I was sitting in the admissions office, they are doing something "different" this year in terms of their interview process. What that means, I don't know except that my interviewer told me that a majority of their interviews are being held much later than they are used to. So just hang in there. I'm sure they are not going to gather their 15 member committee to send out acceptances to only a handful of people they interviewed so far. You know what I mean?

I would choose Loma Linda over NYU. So far, no inteviews from them yet, but I look forward to it.

anyone hear anything from Loma Linda lately?

Profchaos said:
They called me and left a message that they needed my transcript. It's weird because I already had my interview with them. How could they give an interview without transcript? I hope it's just an honest error. BTW LLU is the first school to send me an interview after secondary, I waited one week in December and was surprised to get a call.

Yea, I know what you mean, I had to send them my transcripts three times and verifyed they got them all three times, and each time they would call and still ask for them. I'm really begining to wonder if there whole program is this poorly run.
Again, I throw the question out into the void not really wanting or needing an answer " do I really want to go to school there?"

LLU couldn't take me this year, so that's fine. I thought it would be cool to at least visit their school and learn about their religion and vegetarianism.

i got accepted this year. I dont know where to go now :-(

i got accepted as well. so far thats where im going. how can i pass up the #1 clinical school. laters

Hey guys....just an update.....I got my acceptance letter yesterday from Loma Linda in the mail. Just for reference, I interviewed on 12/15 and I heard yesterday......

Also as a side note: If you have been accepted elsewhere you can fax in your acceptance letter to LLU and they will consider your application quicker (I sent in my USC letter like 2 weeks ago and LLU just sent in their letter).

Good luck to everyone!!

jonnytight said:
Hey guys....just an update.....I got my acceptance letter yesterday from Loma Linda in the mail. Just for reference, I interviewed on 12/15 and I heard yesterday......

Also as a side note: If you have been accepted elsewhere you can fax in your acceptance letter to LLU and they will consider your application quicker (I sent in my USC letter like 2 weeks ago and LLU just sent in their letter).

Good luck to everyone!!
So you must have told LLU they are your top choice, and you will not accept other schools' offers, did you? What if they ask you, so if we were your top choice, why would you even bother to apply to other schools?

Prof,

they know that you are applying to other schools...they can see it on your AADSAS report that is sent to the schools....I said that I wanted to go to LLU (I didnt mention if they are my top choice) for a couple of reasons (you can PM about that).....as for my top choice: UCSF and Im waiting on them then I will decide where i am going. You have to be a "politician" and play the game, Im sure you know what I mean.

Although dont get me wrong....Im not putting down LLU as it is a superior school with the best clinical training in the country, I would definitely consider it as my #2 school right now.

Profchaos said:
So you must have told LLU they are your top choice, and you will not accept other schools' offers, did you? What if they ask you, so if we were your top choice, why would you even bother to apply to other schools?