Loma Linda Match List/ I need guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LACMA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found Loma Linda's match list? I can't find it.

Also, if you're a good student, but you applied really late (with a rushed app, 509 MCAT that should have been higher, but wasn't because of test day family related circumstances), and LLU was the only place that accepted you, would you go there or reapply? Would going here limit you in any way? I took a tour of the place and it paled in comparison to the other school I interviewed at but wasn't accepted to. The really religious thing makes me feel a little weird too. Thoughts? I'd really appreciate some guidance.

Members don't see this ad.

Example #560582334 of why you don’t apply to schools you wouldn’t attend.

Only you can decide.

Reactions: 10 users
Example #560582334 of why you don’t apply to schools you wouldn’t attend.

Only you can decide.

Is it a decent school? I can't even find the match list to see where people end up... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Their policies seem...a bit out there. But if they're the only ones that accepted you, then that's that. You can't really undo it and if you decline the acceptance that's an enormous, neon red flag in the future if you were to try to apply again. I would go. For the record, I do think they match well.

Reactions: 6 users
Read up on their student code of conduct, decide if you can live like that, and make your choice.

You’ll be a doctor if you graduate from there, so it’s as fine a school as any.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it a decent school? I can't even find the match list to see where people end up... :(
Yes, it's a decent school. Check MSAR Online for at least what disciplines people went into.

Trying to interpret match lists is like trying to read tea leaves.

I guess that you really don't want to be a doctor, so withdraw now and make better choices for your future apps, and let a seat go to someone who would be only too happy to go to LLU.

Reactions: 2 users

Also, if you're a good student, but you applied really late (with a rushed app, 509 MCAT that should have been higher, but wasn't because of test day family related circumstances), and LLU was the only place that accepted you, would you go there or reapply? Would going here limit you in any way? I took a tour of the place and it paled in comparison to the other school I interviewed at but wasn't accepted to. The really religious thing makes me feel a little weird too. Thoughts? I'd really appreciate some guidance.

Loma Linda is a special place, but it has a good reputation and, despite the "religious thing," everyone I know who has worked there says its a respectful environment.

If nothing else, turning down an acceptance to reapply may limit you far more than attending a well known and well respected medical school.

If I felt I could handle the code of conduct at Loma Linda I would take the acceptance and run.

Just skimmed their code of conduct and it's definitely weird af (and that's coming from a religious/conservative person). That being said...it's four years. It'll probably suck but it's better than the alternative of not getting into medical school at all, in my opinion. Plus, apparently you're not allowed to work on Saturdays so that's cool.

Reactions: 6 users
Their policies seem...a bit out there. But if they're the only ones that accepted you, then that's that. You can't really undo it and if you decline the acceptance that's an enormous, neon red flag in the future if you were to try to apply again. I would go. For the record, I do think they match well.

Just a bit.

:)

No alcohol for four years? Good luck bro :bang:
upload_2018-2-19_23-13-46.png

Reactions: 9 users
No alcohol for four years? Good luck bro :bang:

Or drink and don’t get caught. (Some dummy one year wore a Lima Linda sweatshirt and had photos posted of her doing a keg stand).

Reactions: 1 user

So the question is.... how long does alcohol stay in your system?

Edit: had to look it up, lol. As long as they don't test your hair follicles and you can come up with great excuses on Mondays, you should be ok to drink on Fridays.

• How long does alcohol stay in your urine? About 80 hours.
  • How long does alcohol stay in your blood? The average liver can process one drink per hour.
  • How long does alcohol stay in your hair follicles? Approximately three months.

Reactions: 3 users

Edit: had to look it up, lol. As long as they don't test your hair follicles and you can come up with great excuses on Mondays, you should be ok to drink on Fridays.

• How long does alcohol stay in your blood? The average liver can process one drink per hour.
  • How long does alcohol stay in your hair follicles? Approximately three months.
In your home. With the doors locked. And a post-it over your webcam so they can't peep on you. Make sure you put your cat in the closet... it might turn you in to the school administrators...

upload_2018-2-20_13-46-2.png

I've gone too far. I'll excuse myself from the thread now... :rofl:

Reactions: 9 users

As someone who has grown up in Loma Linda and had many family/friends go through the school I suggest going there. My sister is there right now and she loves it. I can see how it would seem weird to someone who is not Seventh-day Adventist, but we're not crazy and won't shove religion down your throat. That being said, the vast majority of your classmates/faculty will be SDA so if that makes you uncomfortable than that is something to consider. But Loma Linda is a great place and nothing beats Southern California. People match well coming out of there. My god-sister is doing OB/GYN, my cousin is a pediatrician, I know a few people who are doing dermatology and otolaryngology so that's not an issue. The support system that they have is top notch.

Reactions: 5 users
Linda Loma is perfectly solid medical school and would not hesitate to send a student there, unlike say CNU or Liberty. While I dont have a specific match list,in 2016 :

So how did Loma Linda University School of Medicine students fare in the grand scheme of residency education? In line with a growing need for primary care physicians in the U.S., the School of Medicine came through with 44 percent—19 percent internal medicine, 12 percent family medicine, and 13 percent pediatrics.

For anesthesia, 10 percent of the class matched, and psychiatry was slightly behind with 9 percent. General surgery and surgery subspecialties garnered 14 percent of the class.

Wow did CNU and Liberty just get put in the same category?!!! Damm. What's CNU doing that makes them so low? And would you recommend a DO school like WesternU over it?

Monday’s excuse, “I took Eucharist a lot this weekend”

Reactions: 2 users

So as a student at Loma Linda I’m telling you that the code of conduct doesn’t really affect your life. Just don’t be a fool about what you post on social media and you’ll be fine. As far as prestige goes... LLU doesn’t fall behind any of the schools in the area. We have students from Harvard, MIT, Virginia tech... and classmate have matched all over. I have classmates going to really excellent programs, including Stanford, UCSF, and Mayo. You’ll get an excellent education here and you’ll be extremely well supported.

Reactions: 3 users