Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda MOT 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sierra2015

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey y'all! Just wondering if any of y'all applied to the MOT program for summer 2017! If so, let's chat! I recently just got invited to do my video interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email yesterday! I am nervous. Were you able to answer all of the questions under 5 mins?
Yes, I did it just under 5 minutes! Editing sure helped that though. What were your stats/school?

Submitted my video interview Friday! Hoping to get an interview in person. I'm so nervous, I can't stop checking my email haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just submitted! I wonder when they will notify us for the next step!

Got news that they will make final decisions in Jan.

Just wondering how long it took to hear back for the interview after submitting the secondary application?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering how long it took to hear back for the interview after submitting the secondary application?
Thanks!

It took them over a month after I submitted my secondary app before I got invited to interview. I submitted my secondary app late August.

hey y'all! Just wondering if any of y'all applied to the MOT program for summer 2017! If so, let's chat! I recently just got invited to do my video interview.

Hey! I am new to this thread but was invited to the video interview about a wk ago and am still working on it but do you know if this is the last step we need to complete until we wait for decision or will there be an in person interview as well?
Also, do u happen to kno if we are allowed to edit our vid to save time?
Thanks

I'm almost positive that you can edit it for length reasons. Also, a past thread said final decisions would be made in January.

I believe if we make it past this step (the video interview) we get invited to an in person interview before they make decisions.

I believe if we make it past this step (the video interview) we get invited to an in person interview before they make decisions.

I dont remember hearing them mention an in-person interview at the info session. Thats crazy though. I hope the video will be be the final step. :/
what else can they possibly want to know more about when we went through both the secondary application & video already. I think in the past there was no video interview, so it might be different for us this time.

You're probably right. My friend got accepted last year and I thought had to do an in person interview but I don't remember her saying anything about a video interview. They must've changed it. And yea I agree we've given so much info already haha

Goodluck student4life!

So i guess January is when they send out acceptances?
If theyre still requesting video interviews now then it makes sense we wont know results for another month

Im surprised there arent many posts happening for this thread haha

Were you able to finish the video in 5min?
It took me so many attempts
I would just keep checking the number of views on your video reponse. OT Admin is out of the office for a bit. So I wouldn't expect any responses till Dec. sincerely class of 2019.

Thanks hiall1!

Sorry, I've been busy with, you guessed it, my video! Just submitted it tonight. It really was a challenge to make it just 5 mins. I agree that this thread is pretty quiet. Maybe it'll pick up after more people get done with their videos. I'm hoping we hear back in Dec, but I think one of the emails said to expect a response in Jan. I'm still taking med term, so I have that to keep me busy in the meantime.

Thanks hiall1!

Sorry, I've been busy with, you guessed it, my video! Just submitted it tonight. It really was a challenge to make it just 5 mins. I agree that this thread is pretty quiet. Maybe it'll pick up after more people get done with their videos. I'm hoping we hear back in Dec, but I think one of the emails said to expect a response in Jan. I'm still taking med term, so I have that to keep me busy in the meantime.
If you get in you'll get a phone call then an email. [Cohort 2019]

If you get in you'll get a phone call then an email. [Cohort 2019]
Oh awesome thanks for looking out!
I work full time so I really hope I'm able to answer their call. Do they ask any further questions when they call?

Oh awesome thanks for looking out!
I work full time so I really hope I'm able to answer their call. Do they ask any further questions when they call?

No additional questions from me, I do know that several of my classmates ended up interviewing in person after.

No additional questions from me, I do know that several of my classmates ended up interviewing in person after.

Thanks, I'm trying to stay optimistic. It's competitive everywhere and I've already been denied by a couple of schools already.

I don't know the chances of being accepted once past the video interview, but I am so grateful that I was offered one. I hope we all get in!

Hey, I was hoping for some input on the video interview. Did you all re-state your question first prior to answering the questions? And did you include an introduction at the start of the video?

Thanks!

cadotstudent, I did not have enough time for an introduction, but I did introduce each topic.

Hey, I was hoping for some input on the video interview. Did you all re-state your question first prior to answering the questions? And did you include an introduction at the start of the video?

Thanks!
I did not restate the question, but I referred to which one I was answering but just saying the number.

Also, I did have a super short intro and conclusion (like 1 - 2 sentences.)

Hey everyone I thought I would post here because I remember using this myself to hear the latest news about acceptances and the whole process. I hope I can help some of you out because I am going through the program now.

To answer some of your questions we did have to create a video as part of our application process and some, not all had to come in for an in person interview as well (those were students who had potential, but not necessarily had the best scores or were maybe lacking something). I only did a video and then was contacted first by email and then a day later they called me.

I absolutely LOVE the program, everything about it. I just have to pre-warn you all that summer is not easy. The 7 week anatomy course will really test you. I am happy to answer any questions.

Thank you for posting ctray! Do you remember when you got the acceptance from LLU? The anticipation is killing me! Haha

Also, has anyone heard back yet?

I was accepted early admissions on the first day which for my year was February 1st. I know exactly how you are feeling, the waiting process is lengthy. There were also some changes in the admissions team as of two weeks ago, so I am hoping that won't delay things too much for you all.

Please update if anyone receive news from LLU!
I did not expect them to take this long haha
Did you guys check your videos to see if there were more view counts?

Hey everyone I thought I would post here because I remember using this myself to hear the latest news about acceptances and the whole process. I hope I can help some of you out because I am going through the program now.

To answer some of your questions we did have to create a video as part of our application process and some, not all had to come in for an in person interview as well (those were students who had potential, but not necessarily had the best scores or were maybe lacking something). I only did a video and then was contacted first by email and then a day later they called me.

I absolutely LOVE the program, everything about it. I just have to pre-warn you all that summer is not easy. The 7 week anatomy course will really test you. I am happy to answer any questions.

Hi! It is nice to connect to current students. Thanks for being considerate enough to post onto this forum.
If you don't mind, I have a few questions about the program (at least, at the moment).

1-How many days of school do you have a week and what are the hours? And is the schedule pretty consistent throughout the entire program, excluding fieldwork?
2-For those of us waiting for acceptances, do you suggest we get a head start and review materials on our own before starting the program? Like anatomy and such? Or does the program allow us enough time to prepare?
3-As part of a class lesson, are you usually all required to partipate in group activities and class/video presentations? Or is it mainly class lecture, notes, assignments..etc.?

Thanks in advance! :)

I really hope we hear back in January! I haven't checked the views on my video, just waiting it out and trying to keep myself distracted. If anyone hears anything please post!

Hi! It is nice to connect to current students. Thanks for being considerate enough to post onto this forum.
If you don't mind, I have a few questions about the program (at least, at the moment).

1-How many days of school do you have a week and what are the hours? And is the schedule pretty consistent throughout the entire program, excluding fieldwork?
2-For those of us waiting for acceptances, do you suggest we get a head start and review materials on our own before starting the program? Like anatomy and such? Or does the program allow us enough time to prepare?
3-As part of a class lesson, are you usually all required to partipate in group activities and class/video presentations? Or is it mainly class lecture, notes, assignments..etc.?

Thanks in advance! :)

I am happy to help answer any and all questions. I know how helpful it can be to speak with someone who has already gone through it.
1. You will always have Fridays off and usually one other day. However that other day will change each quarter. It used to be that we didn't have class Thursdays or Fridays and then this next quarter we wont have class on Mondays or Fridays. However with that being said there may be quarters that you have class Monday-Thursday. It really all depends, but they do a great job giving out the schedules very far in advance. I will tell you during the summer anatomy course you will have class Monday-Thursday and exams on Fridays.

2. I would suggest NOT to study for Anatomy. I was given the same recommendation and I think that it held true for me. The anatomy course is very specific in what you need to know and I think it is best to learn it as you go. It is a very intense course, so enjoy the time off while you can. Also you do not need to buy the book, the exams are straight from the lecture notes which you are given on the first day of class.

3. You are ALWAYS required to participate in the group assignments/projects. There are a lot of them too. However a lot of the work you can get done in between classes or even during class. They really encourage group work and for instance last quarter we sometimes would have 5 different projects going on at the same time with different group members for each project. However, if you prioritize well you can easily get it done. Everyone in my cohort is really close and we all help one another out and accommodate each others busy schedules (ie we use google docs a lot).

I will have to say that I met up with some friends from other programs that I was interested in during the application period (schools "ranked" higher than LLU) and after hearing about their programs, I am so glad I ended up choosing LLU. It doesn't matter about school rankings it is more important to find the right fit. The experience thus far has been amazing, and the teachers are simply wonderful and are so willing to help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck during the waiting period.

Reactions: 3 users
I am happy to help answer any and all questions. I know how helpful it can be to speak with someone who has already gone through it.
1. You will always have Fridays off and usually one other day. However that other day will change each quarter. It used to be that we didn't have class Thursdays or Fridays and then this next quarter we wont have class on Mondays or Fridays. However with that being said there may be quarters that you have class Monday-Thursday. It really all depends, but they do a great job giving out the schedules very far in advance. I will tell you during the summer anatomy course you will have class Monday-Thursday and exams on Fridays.

2. I would suggest NOT to study for Anatomy. I was given the same recommendation and I think that it held true for me. The anatomy course is very specific in what you need to know and I think it is best to learn it as you go. It is a very intense course, so enjoy the time off while you can. Also you do not need to buy the book, the exams are straight from the lecture notes which you are given on the first day of class.

3. You are ALWAYS required to participate in the group assignments/projects. There are a lot of them too. However a lot of the work you can get done in between classes or even during class. They really encourage group work and for instance last quarter we sometimes would have 5 different projects going on at the same time with different group members for each project. However, if you prioritize well you can easily get it done. Everyone in my cohort is really close and we all help one another out and accommodate each others busy schedules (ie we use google docs a lot).

I will have to say that I met up with some friends from other programs that I was interested in during the application period (schools "ranked" higher than LLU) and after hearing about their programs, I am so glad I ended up choosing LLU. It doesn't matter about school rankings it is more important to find the right fit. The experience thus far has been amazing, and the teachers are simply wonderful and are so willing to help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck during the waiting period.

The program doesn't seem too bad! I wish you luck!
From my experiences associating with grads from top schools in Cali, I agree with you...for the most part, people graduate to have that school brand behind them, but I have noticed that their program at those schools have not fully prepared them for the real world of OT. Even 1 admissions rep who interviewed me at another school told me she wished she had chosen a different school that would prepare her for more hands-on application.

I was not too happy to know about the change in admissions commitee at LLU, but I hope this change will help my chances. Although I am not affiliated with SDA, I really admire this school because it seems to honor good moral values and community services.

Is it true that there really isn't any time for part time jobs while attending this school?

The program doesn't seem too bad! I wish you luck!
From my experiences associating with grads from top schools in Cali, I agree with you...for the most part, people graduate to have that school brand behind them, but I have noticed that their program at those schools have not fully prepared them for the real world of OT. Even 1 admissions rep who interviewed me at another school told me she wished she had chosen a different school that would prepare her for more hands-on application.

I was not too happy to know about the change in admissions commitee at LLU, but I hope this change will help my chances. Although I am not affiliated with SDA, I really admire this school because it seems to honor good moral values and community services.

Is it true that there really isn't any time for part time jobs while attending this school?

Loma Linda absolutely has the school name behind them, they are very established and if I did it all over again I would choose LLU every time. As for the change in admissions, it won't impact your acceptance, other than it might delay it. I think your primary focus wherever you go should be school first, some have part time jobs but most of the people who work are those that are continuing the job they had prior to starting school. It is definitely doable to have a job, but our schedules change every quarter so you will need to be in an environment that allows for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an update on when they might be contacting us? I'm hoping soon!:)

I hope very soon! I ran into a current student and they said to expect something in a couple of weeks, but I don't know if that info is straight from admissions or from their personal experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Really nice to find a current, up-to-date thread on applicants to the MOT program at LLU that are experiencing the same anticipation as I am right now. I too have completed the video, but have yet to hear back; hopefully we'll find out soon. From reading other threads, I assume we'll know by Feb. @ the latest.

Reactions: 1 user
Whoooo! Got accepted to LLU. Definitely relieving to know it is an option. I will be putting down the deposit in case I am not accepted to my first choice, but will gladly attend as it is my 2nd choice.

Whoooo! Got accepted to LLU. Definitely relieving to know it is an option. I will be putting down the deposit in case I am not accepted to my first choice, but will gladly attend as it is my 2nd choice.

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!:)
Did they call or email first?