Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda MOT 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!!! That's awesome!:)
Did they call or email first?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was notified via email. It states we have 2 weeks from the time we receive our email to respond with a down payment of 200$

Members don't see this ad.

I was notified via email. It states we have 2 weeks from the time we receive our email to respond with a down payment of 200$
Congratulations!! Did you just receive the email today?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you apply?

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was around October. If it relieves anyone, I am applying from a university that is SDA, which I understand helps quite a bit. When the recruiter came to our school, he said that they look first at SDA schools at students that qualify and then fill the remaining positions with the top students from non-SDA background. The main reason for this is the values and purpose of the school are centerered around SDA values: service, a health message, and Christ-like characteristics.

Coming from an SDA school, there is a HUGE emphasis on mission work and serving people that are less fortunate. Recruitment said they are looking for individuals that have included those as their career goals. I hope this helps!

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was around October. If it relieves anyone, I am applying from a university that is SDA, which I understand helps quite a bit. When the recruiter came to our school, he said that they look first at SDA schools at students that qualify and then fill the remaining positions with the top students from non-SDA background. The main reason for this is the values and purpose of the school are centerered around SDA values: service, a health message, and Christ-like characteristics.

Coming from an SDA school, there is a HUGE emphasis on mission work and serving people that are less fortunate. Recruitment said they are looking for individuals that have included those as their career goals. I hope this helps!
What are your stats? Non SDA here, hope I have a shot

What are your stats? Non SDA here, hope I have a shot

GPA and Pre-Req: 3.65
Experience: 1 Yr OT internship abroad, several other OT shadowing, 3-month full time work as OT assistant, 1-yr Alzheimer's care experience, quite a bit of school involvement (clubs, offices, etc), and several mission trips to different countries

Congrats! Youre making us all nervous right now
I would accept you too based on your stats
Idk about the rest of you guys, but I visited my video and have not seen any new views.....
I wonder how many spots they take for SDA and how many for the non-SDAs.

Did you receive a phone call as well?

GPA and Pre-Req: 3.65
Experience: 1 Yr OT internship abroad, several other OT shadowing, 3-month full time work as OT assistant, 1-yr Alzheimer's care experience, quite a bit of school involvement (clubs, offices, etc), and several mission trips to different countries

Reactions: 1 user
Idk about the rest of you guys, but I visited my video and have not seen any new views.....

You're too kind, thank you! No phone call, just an email and they said they were mailing an official letter of acceptance.

You're too kind, thank you! No phone call, just an email and they said they were mailing an official letter of acceptance.
That's awesome! Continue spreading the love through your future endeavors!
& Goodluck in the program, whichever one you decide to choose.

Same here, I have not seen any new views. Hopefully we all hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
My anxiety is through the roof, I really hope we all find out soon!! Haha

Stay updated plz
May I ask if you are SDA ?

While there are a handful of SDA uni's in the US, everyone somehow knows everyone even though they live states away.

I'm telling you this because I've only heard one 1 other SDA person getting an acceptance, which means they may be accepted quite a few non-SDA. In past years I've heard of quite a few that got accepted at this point.

Has anyone called to see when we should receive our acceptances? I would assume soon but I want an exact day haha

Has anyone called to see when we should receive our acceptances? I would assume soon but I want an exact day haha

I've been wanting to call but I'm afraid to bug them lol

Last edited:

My friend was accepted recently at West Coast Univ (program just started this month) the same year he received his Bachelors degree. He told me hes the youngest there and everyone else who was accepted were working as behavioral therapists, pt aides, or related fields.
Are there any new grads in this thread or are you all currently working within these related fields as well?
I have not seen any jobs offered for OT aides in Cali compared to PT and I wonder why we are not given more opportunities besides volunteer work.

I am a new grad, I completed my BS in exercise science last month. I'm not working in any therapy setting but I am working in the medical field as a pharmacy technician (I wish that would help me haha). What other BS degrees are in this thread?

I am a new grad, I completed my BS in exercise science last month. I'm not working in any therapy setting but I am working in the medical field as a pharmacy technician (I wish that would help me haha). What other BS degrees are in this thread?
I graduated in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. I've worked as an OT aide for almost 2 1/2 years. This is my second time applying for OT school.

New to this thread but have been reading here and there. :)

I graduated 2016 with a BS in Kinesiology. 1 year of volunteer in an outpatient rehab hospital setting. Currently working as a pediatric occupational/physical therapy aide (1.5years).

You guys! I got accepted to Loma Linda today at 2:09 pm! Check your emails! I am so excited! I am not a SDA nor do I attend a SDA affiliated school.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted to Loma Linda this afternoon! So excited!!!

Just got accepted! Non SDA! woohoo! see you all in the summer!

You guys! I got accepted to Loma Linda today at 2:09 pm! Check your emails! I am so excited! I am not a SDA nor do I attend a SDA affiliated school.

Do you know if they start sending acceptances as they review the videos or do they review all the videos first? Because I don't think mine has been viewed yet. Congratulations to you all though!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Im IN as well!
Wow in disbelief for sure! Its real!
My acceptance email was at 3:40 ish today, I held back my tears at work.
I have so many ppl to thank now

Just to give others some info :
Im not affiliated w/ SDA
Currently work at a PT clinic as a rehab aid for this awesome outpatient clinic few months now.
I graduated in Kin (w/ rehab emphasis) this June at a calstate & had various volunteer and work experiences as an undergrad ...
Work experience at rehab aide on campus for a couple quarters
200+ volunteer at SNF in and out patient
Locomotor Trainer for clients w/ SCI
Volunteered at daycare center for children & teens w/ special needs
Fitness instructor for senior citizens at rec center & on campus as personal trainer
& Community service when possible
Tried my best to work alongside OTs as an aide after graduating, but had no luck finding a place in need
My undergrad stats prior to changing my major was not impressive (embarrassing) but I tried to kick butt when I entered into my major (including pre-reqs)
Cool vibes with couple professors & OTs & any professional
Loved all my clients (thru good & bad---you learn)
Never take anything personal

Applied to 3 schools, denied by 2
In this case, third time was a charm for me
Had so many setbacks along my journey here...many doors of opportunity almost closed & did close on me but keep pushing you guys!

I really gave a **** in everything I involved myself with & everyone I associated with in life.
Be true to yourself & spread positivity wherever you go bcuz ppl really need that love no matter how tough/mean they appear.
But stay classy tho!

Goodluck to all! ✊
If you genuinely want it, it'll shine through

Reactions: 5 users
Do you know if they start sending acceptances as they review the videos or do they review all the videos first? Because I don't think mine has been viewed yet. Congratulations to you all though!
I am not really sure. I know my video was viewed twice on October 26 and was never viewed again.

I am not really sure. I know my video was viewed twice on October 26 and was never viewed again.
Mine was only reviewed once when i submitted my video in Nov, but I thought that was to check if the vid went through. I think they upload it or something.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Im IN as well!
Wow in disbelief for sure! Its real!
My acceptance email was at 3:40 ish today, I held back my tears at work.
I have so many ppl to thank now

Just to give others some info :
Im not affiliated w/ SDA
Currently work at a PT clinic as a rehab aid for this awesome outpatient clinic few months now.
I graduated in Kin (w/ rehab emphasis) this June at a calstate & had various volunteer and work experiences as an undergrad ...
Work experience at rehab aide on campus for a couple quarters
200+ volunteer at SNF in and out patient
Locomotor Trainer for clients w/ SCI
Volunteered at daycare center for children & teens w/ special needs
Fitness instructor for senior citizens at rec center & on campus as personal trainer
& Community service when possible
Tried my best to work alongside OTs as an aide after graduating, but had no luck finding a place in need
My undergrad stats prior to changing my major was not impressive (embarrassing) but I tried to kick butt when I entered into my major (including pre-reqs)
Cool vibes with couple professors & OTs & any professional
Loved all my clients (thru good & bad---you learn)
Never take anything personal

Applied to 3 schools, denied by 2
In this case, third time was a charm for me
Had so many setbacks along my journey here...many doors of opportunity almost closed & did close on me but keep pushing you guys!

I really gave a **** in everything I involved myself with & everyone I associated with in life.
Be true to yourself & spread positivity wherever you go bcuz ppl really need that love no matter how tough/mean they appear.
But stay classy tho!

Goodluck to all! ✊
If you genuinely want it, it'll shine through

CONGRATS!!! After seeing how diligently you've been replying, I was really rooting for you!! Such a relieving feeling eh?

CONGRATS!!! After seeing how diligently you've been replying, I was really rooting for you!! Such a relieving feeling eh?

Haha! Aw why thank you!
Im definitely more at peace with myself now. It feels great but the hard work isn't over yet.
We can do it

I was accepted at 3:50 today!!! I'm still in shock. I was at work when I got the email. So excited to meet all of you this summer. We did it guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone :D

I am currently waiting for a reply and I must say the anxiety is crazy!! Congrats to those that have gotten in already :) It is making me nervous that they're already accepting students and I haven't heard anything , yikes!!! I'll keep twittling my thumbs :arghh:

Hey everyone :D

I am currently waiting for a reply and I must say the anxiety is crazy!! Congrats to those that have gotten in already :) It is making me nervous that they're already accepting students and I haven't heard anything , yikes!!! I'll keep twittling my thumbs :arghh:
I just called earlier and they said they are still in the process of sending acceptances out! I'm in the same boat.

I just called earlier and they said they are still in the process of sending acceptances out! I'm in the same boat.
Thank goodness! I'm still getting some views on my video so I'm assuming they're still reviewing mine?

Good luck!

Congrats to all those who have gotten in so far and best of luck for those still waiting. If anyone has questions or want to reach out to me feel free to do so and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Thank goodness! I'm still getting some views on my video so I'm assuming they're still reviewing mine?

Good luck!
I think some ppl also hear from them in Feb
Goodluck to you

Congrats to all those who have gotten in so far and best of luck for those still waiting. If anyone has questions or want to reach out to me feel free to do so and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Hi!
I am receiving a couple of instructions after the acceptance email. I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I need to submit another official transcript? I've done that in Oct when I submitted my application already. Was this just a general email for those who are lacking documentation?

Also:
What is your cohort size?
I heard that the anatomy course in the summer really determines if you remain in the program because it is pretty intense. Is that really the case?

Thanks

Hi!
I am receiving a couple of instructions after the acceptance email. I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I need to submit another official transcript? I've done that in Oct when I submitted my application already. Was this just a general email for those who are lacking documentation?

Also:
What is your cohort size?
I heard that the anatomy course in the summer really determines if you remain in the program because it is pretty intense. Is that really the case?

Thanks
I believe that during the application process it states that once you are accepted you would need to provide final official transcripts.

I hope this helps. I'm still waiting to hear back. Congrats on your acceptance!!

hiall1, I know you directed the question about transcripts to ctray, but from what I understand, everyone accepted needs to submit all of the transcripts they sent to OTCAS directly to LLU, as well.

ctray, I am also curious to know about the work load to expect in summer anatomy, and how you think we should prepare ahead of time for it (study vs. no study, tools, tips, etc).

I am rooting for you Nori! and all of you on this thread who are still waiting. You got this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted! Received it around 11:30 today:D

was the Facebook group started yet?

And I was trying to login and pay my deposit but I couldn't remember my pin and it got disabled because I tried too many times. Does anyone know if I have to call them now to fix it or if I just have to wait an hour or so?:(

And I was trying to login and pay my deposit but I couldn't remember my pin and it got disabled because I tried too many times. Does anyone know if I have to call them now to fix it or if I just have to wait an hour or so?:(
Congratulations!!!! I feel like calling but I'm scared.

Congrats!!! I hope everyone on this thread will make it
The pin shouldve been from their email to you a while back for the secondary application if you search in ur inbox
At least thats wat i think I remember