Loma Linda OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lefort484

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
LLU seems like a very strong OMFS program. Their supplemental app has a strong emphasis on christianity though. Does anyone know if you have to be christian to be a good fit in the program/how seriously the program looks at those supplemental answers....... (no drinking??? hmmm)

Members don't see this ad.

LLU seems like a very strong OMFS program. Their supplemental app has a strong emphasis on christianity though. Does anyone know if you have to be christian to be a good fit in the program/how seriously the program looks at those supplemental answers....... (no drinking??? hmmm)
Though not a requirement by any means, a school with a strong religious background is naturally going to attract applicants with that religious background. E.g. BYU, Touro, etc. It’s up to each non-SDA applicant to decide whether they would fit in or not to the personality of the program and the residents. Definitely do not need to be SDA. However, as a student and employee, I would imagine that you are expected to uphold the community code. How strictly that is enforced, and whether you would fit in, is a question for the residents. I think there used to be a LLU resident on this site, but i forget the username.

Remember, you would spend 6 years there. If their principles don’t match with your lifestyle, the question is not whether you COULD match there, but whether you SHOULD. That applies to every program.

Reactions: 1 user
Would seem risky to go there gambling that they don't enforce their conduct code... Imagine getting a few years in and getting kicked out for having a beer lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Im a current LLU resident. I have a strong impression that we would receive significantly more applications without the supplemental app.

We are definitely a full scope program, in a great location with awesome residents. I think many people know this but the supplement scares people away.

In order to say this in the most politically correct manner. The school at large requires this supplemental (in fact my OMFS supplemental auto populated my dental school supplemental from when I applied 4 years prior, essays and all). I imagine these essays are more of a formality and anyone regardless of faith could fit the essays to themselves without having to act like they are someone they arent. Our program has some Seventh day adventist residents, mormon residents, atheists, agnostic, jewish it doesn’t matter.

Also in order to be as politically correct as possible. Loma Linda relies on an honor code system with regards to lifestyle. We are treated as adults and as doctors and are trusted to act as such.

Yes there is coffee available, they even give away free coffee next to our clinic for employees and we have a coffee machine in our break room. Yes you can eat meat on campus or bring what you want. Same with energy drinks and soda etc.

To summarize, my coresidents personal life is their own deal and I dont know of anyone who has had any issue with adherence to the standards and we all love it here, honestly. We have a great group of residents.

If anyone has any questions feel to ask or DM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users