Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda OT video interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bernice17

Reaction score
LLU provides me a link to get access to zoom video interview. Do I have to create an account before get access to the link and be able to record it?
Thanks for your helps

Members don't see this ad.

LLU provides me a link to get access to zoom video interview. Do I have to create an account before get access to the link and be able to record it?
Thanks for your helps

When did you submit your supplemental application? I just submitted my supplemental last week. As far as the link and access I would call the OT program and ask.

When did you submit your supplemental application? I just submitted my supplemental last week. As far as the link and access I would call the OT program and ask.
I submitted additional docs at the end of August. Yes, thanks for Recommendation, I did call them and asked for guidance.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted additional docs at the end of August. Yes, thanks for Recommendation, I did call them and asked for guidance.
Thanks

Sounds good, thank you for the info! Just waiting to hear back from them.

I submitted my application September 25th and I just received an email for the secondary application due Oct 23rd.

Not sure if everyone gets a secondary application, but I am excited for being given the opportunity.

Last edited:
I submitted my application September 25th and I just received an email for the secondary application due Oct 23rd.

Not sure if everyone gets a secondary application, but I am excited for being given the opportunity.

Yes as far as I know everyone does, just the due date when to submit it is different. The video interview is the next step.

Currently a first year at LLU! :) Let me know if you have any questions! Wishing you all the best of luck <3

Reactions: 1 users
Currently a first year at LLU! :) Let me know if you have any questions! Wishing you all the best of luck <3
Congratulations as you are going on the first year. I was wondering if you could share feeling experience after you had video interview at LLU. How was your feeling about the video recording? I did one 2 days ago, but I don’t think I answered completely some of the questions. Thanks for your mindful opening. Just want a peace of mind

Last edited:
Congratulations as you are going on the first year. I was wondering if you could share feeling experience after you had video interview at LLU. How was your feeling about the video recording? I did one 2 days ago, but I don’t think I answered completely some of the questions. Thanks for your mindful opening. Just want a peace of mind

Congrats! I am waiting to hear back for a video interview. I submitted my supplemental application last week.

Hey so with LLU being a private school, do they have good financial aid or graduate student assistantships?

Any update on your end? I emailed the dept. and they told me my app has been assigned to a reviewer to be reviewed whether or not I’d be recommended for interview.. ahhh this waiting process is rly starting to sink in lol... trying my best to keep myself occupied and not think about it.

I HAVENT EITHER AND I WORK HERE! LOL Yeah it's been bugging me like wheeeennnnn?! But the school I am really antsy about is the school in Texas, but I have to wait til next month, that is when they start sending out emails on interviews.

Ahh this waiting game lol Buuut We got this— hopefully! :) keep us in the loop!! :) hopefully sooner than laterrre!!

When I hear something back as far as the video interview I will definitely let you know!

Bernice, for the video interview, do you only get 1 chance in answering each question, or how did it work? It seems like Loma Linda did it differently this year... because I think previous applicants said they were able to record & edit to the way they liked it before submitting it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bernice, for the video interview, do you only get 1 chance in answering each question, or how did it work? It seems like Loma Linda did it differently this year... because I think previous applicants said they were able to record & edit to the way they liked it before submitting it?
I don’t know how they did video interview in the past. For me, may be applied to other people of this year, they gave me 4 questions at once of interview time, I read them, and answered them when I was ready. They gave me 5-6 minutes to answer all questions. It counted at the time I started answering. So, based on my experience, you gotta be short but relevant as each question would ask you with different things. I mean it is not a simple question.
If you think you need to modify your answers , you still have a chance. The whole time slot in 5-6 minutes would be for all. I guess that you barely have enough time to go back your previous question as if you try to correct one question that means you would have less time for others. I hope it helps a bit. Just be yourself. That is all I can say.

I don’t know how they did video interview in the past. For me, may be applied to other people of this year, they gave me 4 questions at once of interview time, I read them, and answered them when I was ready. They gave me 5-6 minutes to answer all questions. It counted at the time I started answering. So, based on my experience, you gotta be short but relevant as each question would ask you with different things. I mean it is not a simple question.
If you think you need to modify your answers , you still have a chance. The whole time slot in 5-6 minutes would be for all. I guess that you barely have enough time to go back your previous question as if you try to correct one question that means you would have less time for others. I hope it helps a bit. Just be yourself. That is all I can say.
Thanks for explaining it! Ugh I’m nervous now. But good luck to you!

Wait I’m confused , was it a live video interview or was it an uploaded file by using Zoom? Zoom is what they use often at LLU. My fiancé is a Doctorate of PH student and he signs on zoom for their online hybrid class... but zoom also has a record button, so is it a one shot live interview, one shot recording file, or do u record on zoom and upload?
It is Zoom interview. At first, you have chance to see your interviewer, she will introduce herself, and tell you the process of recording, she would give you 4 questions at one time, and recommends you to read and understand them before answering. She will move to the back stage of the screen, though she is still there, she will help you to record your answerings. Once you are ready to answer those questions, just go ahead with your answering. In short, you just meet her at beginning, read questions, and answering them, she will help you to record your answerings. There is nothing with file uploading, editing, or etc.

Last edited:
It is Zoom interview. At first, you have chance to see your interviewer, she will introduce herself, and tell you the process of recording, she would give you 4 questions at one time, and recommends you to read and understand them before answering. She will move to the back stage of the screen, though she is still there, she will help you to record your answerings. Once you are ready to answer those questions, just go ahead with your answering. In short, you just meet her at beginning, read questions, and answering them, she will help you to record your answerings. There is nothing with file uploading, editing, or etc.
Is there a time limit to read & prepare yourself BEFORE you begin answering/recording? All of this is making me so nervous.

Sorry for the late response. I felt strange about it, too. I think it's normal. It's hard to feel like you've adequately answered the questions, but as long as you drove a main point home for each question, and really personalized it, I think you'll be just fine :) I literally stressed about every step/process in my application, but everything turned out okay, so you're not alone in your feelings of anxiety. You're obviously doing your best; you already submitted it, so just relax and breathe. You're doing great!

Edit: It seems like they're doing something entirely different this year with Zoom? For us, we just recorded our own videos and used iMovie or whatever worked best. I'm not exactly sure how Zoom works. But I'm sure you guys are doing great and everything will work out!

Hey so with LLU being a private school, do they have good financial aid or graduate student assistantships?

We have access to some assistance such as AOTA scholarships, but other than that, I haven't come across many exceptional financial aid/graduate student assistantship options. I've looked into them somewhat but not extensively. I definitely encourage you to continue doing so, though! Every little bit counts :)

Is there a time limit to read & prepare yourself BEFORE you begin answering/recording? All of this is making me so nervous.
I guess that there is 15 minutes for each time slot, which included with 5-6 minutes of recording. When I got invited for interview, they gave me 3 times slot option, and I see each slot was 15 minutes apart. So, I guess that you may have 15 minutes from meeting with faculty, introduction, reading questions, and answerings.
Hope it could help a bit

Hey since we came from CSUSB, out of curiosity what stats course did you take? FREAKING OUT here because the community college I took my pre reqs at changed their course names which altered LLU's transfer pattern! I emailed the dept right away, Idk if I am freaking myself out for nothing but they could see it was an intro to stats course plus I have taken advanced stats at csusb along with other stats courses at csusb.

I think you are freaking out, the way it's reflected on your transcript shouldn't affect the change now. Breathe! It will be okay!
My Anatomy and Physio I took at Chaffey, then CSUSB, and I retook it here at LLU. Since I work here I get school credit they cover and the Anatomy and Physio that I took here was covered with my benefits. I only had to pay like $500 out of pocket after my benefits were used up.
But everything else is from Chaffey. I have A's in everything except Intro to Stats which I got a B and I took that at Chaffey.

Hi everyone! I submitted my secondary app last week. I am just curious, how long did it take from when you submitted your secondary app until you got an email for a video interview invite?

I literally check my email constantly waiting.

What kind of questions did they ask you, if you remember?

I have my interview tomorrow, anyone have their interview already? What questions did they ask?

What kind of questions did they ask you, if you remember?
For me, those were exploring or opening questions... I am sorry to not reveal specifically what questions they asked me as they wanted me to keep them in confidentiality.

Sorry for the late response. I felt strange about it, too. I think it's normal. It's hard to feel like you've adequately answered the questions, but as long as you drove a main point home for each question, and really personalized it, I think you'll be just fine :) I literally stressed about every step/process in my application, but everything turned out okay, so you're not alone in your feelings of anxiety. You're obviously doing your best; you already submitted it, so just relax and breathe. You're doing great!

Edit: It seems like they're doing something entirely different this year with Zoom? For us, we just recorded our own videos and used iMovie or whatever worked best. I'm not exactly sure how Zoom works. But I'm sure you guys are doing great and everything will work out!
Thanks for your sincere sharing

For me, those were exploring or opening questions... I am sorry to not reveal specifically what questions they asked me as they wanted me to keep them in confidentiality.

Oh ok, makes sense. Thank you

Thank you! It went pretty well, now just the waiting game! But yeah feel free to message me. Praying you hear back soon!

I am glad that it went well! I am still waiting for an invite. Do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview?

Thank you! It went pretty well, now just the waiting game! But yeah feel free to message me. Praying you hear back soon!
Glad to hear you did well! Did you think the questions were tough?

Glad to hear you did well! Did you think the questions were tough?

The questions weren't so much tough as long as you prepare a list of questions and think of responses. Think about your OT observation settings and experiences and be your self!

Hi all!

I just had my interview for Loma Linda! I was so nervous, but hoping for the best. Leilani did tell me that they won't be sending out decisions until early January so just FYI for those kinda holding their breath.

Just wondering when did you submit the supplemental app and when did you get your invite to interview?
I submitted the secondary app on the 2nd of October and received an invite to interview yesterday(10/25)!

Last edited:
When did they send you the invite? Just trying to gauge their timelines, like his long after supp app submission did u get an invite lol. Sorry stressing here can you tell lol hahahahah

I received the invite yesterday lol and my interview was today so I guess like 3 weeks or so! I know the feeling no worries

Oh waittt you got the invited yesterday and interviewed today???? That was a fast scheduled turn around!! And I’m sure you did amazing!!
Thank you!! Yeah they gave me several interview video options but this was the one that worked best with my work schedule so I just did it right away!

Submitted my secondary app on Oct 23rd. Received an email saying they will review it and let me know within a few weeks if I qualify for the Zoom video interview.

Hi guys! just an update, I JUST received my interview invite. I am SOOOO THRILLLLLED!!!! I know this is just the next round process but oh how much this means to me! :) I received notification my supplemental app was received on 10/12 and I got my invite today 10/31.
That's great news! I submitted mine on 10/20 so I hope I get one next week! good luck on your interview!

How many more rounds after the video?

Getting a video interview would be amazing!

I sit and wait. Submitted my app Oct 23rd.

Hey when u interviewed did u get additional questions? I think this year their process differs by applicants!

It was a very exhilarating and exciting process!
Additional as in more than 4?
Btw yay! How'd it go for you?!

Hi everyone! I just did my interview yesterday! Like others have said, it was such a wonderful and exciting experience!

I have a question though, and am a bit worried that this may affect my application. During my interview, my interviewer said they were unable to record mine because the she was not the original person who sent the link! However, she did assure me that while the interview she was going to write notes. I know she is the program director and knows exactly what the program is looking for, but I'm just not too sure how the whole reviewing my interview with the rest of the committee would work if they do not have something anything to go off for my application. Has anyone else who interviewed have this issue too?

I think I am just a little worried and overthinking the entire situation.

I’m sure you have nothing to worry about. Especially since the program director interviewed you! was it pretty interactive too?

Ahh thanks for reassuring me! I hope so! I really think I am just overthinking it!

I was given 4 questions to answer. While I was answering the questions, she placed herself on mute and wrote notes. It was essentially the same as others described except I was able to see her as I was responding! Overall, it was such an interesting and fun experience!

Believe me I get it! Lol , I left the interview wondering wait did it even record lol I hope she recorded it she did say she was going to record it lol.. and I started second guessing things over thinking too lol.. so I get it.. if you have more concerns I advice you call the department they are VERY helpful

I think I will be okay ! It totally just me stressing myself out for no reason!

Btw, congrats on making it to this point and I wish you the best of luck!!!!!! Now it's just the waiting game for us!

Believe me I get it! Lol , I left the interview wondering wait did it even record lol I hope she recorded it she did say she was going to record it lol.. and I started second guessing things over thinking too lol.. so I get it.. if you have more concerns I advice you call the department they are VERY helpful

Same here! I was so confused when the questions were just posted up. I was not sure when to start answering so I asked the person interviewing can I start answering now? They said oh yeah start! I was so confused like oh man....like a couple seconds recorded me just sitting there reading the questions....but now we just wait until Jan! Praying!

Hahahhahah I didn’t even realize the questions were up and I just sat there and she’s like you can answer whenever I’m like Ohhhh where is it hahahahah totally felt lame lol I heard from someone from the first year the first batch of review will be end of the month! So maybe December we start hearing?!

Trying to fix my eyes on Jesus and find peace in this waiting process... because it’s a spiritual battle. One moment I’m all in knowing God got this and the next I’m like wait I’m being too confident..don’t get too excited etc etc it’s a constant battle so I’m trying to just shut out all the noise and be patient and enjoy the fact HOPE still glimmers.

Good to know I wasn't the only one like....umm..... do I answer now? LoL, but yes! Stay steadfast in prayer, I believe beginning to middle of Jan we will hear back. Just stay in prayer and keep busy :)

Hi Everyone,

I have my interview on on Wednesday. It was really helpful to hear the experiences of others. I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I have a question for anyone that has done the interview before. Do the questions relate to the OT observations we have done? Is there anything else they ask about? Again, I am just trying to be as prepared as possible. This is the first interview I have done so I am quite nervous.

Thanks everyone.

David