LOMA LINDA PHARMACY C/O 2018 - Fall 2014 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxisst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I didn't see a thread for LLU Pharmacy School admissions this year so I wanted to start one. If one has already been made for this purpose, please redirect me!
Feel free to post stats (so everyone can get a glimpse on this years' application pool), questions, comments, concerns, etc.
:laugh:
Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get an interview yet?

Thanks for starting this thread! Has nobody else on student dr network applied to llu pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get an interview yet?
I haven't received any reply back yet. Submitted my app beginning of September. Have u received an interview yet?

Last edited:
I haven't received any reply back yet. Submitted my app beginning of September. Have u received an interview yet?

nothing yet, just one a while an email about school financial aid and curriculum

nothing yet, just one a while an email about school financial aid and curriculum

Called and asked yesterday and they said they haven't called anybody for interviews yet but will start anytime now. Hope this helps

Hi everyone,

would one of you be kind enough to post the essay questions for loma linda? I would like to work on them in advance..I was able to submit the pharmCAS last weekend and I am really pressed for time until pharmcas verifies and sends my application to get invited to the secondary application. If you could, I would really appreciate your help.

C.

Has anyone heard back yet this week for interviews?

Has anyone received an interview without sending the religious letter of rec?

Hi everyone,

would one of you be kind enough to post the essay questions for loma linda? I would like to work on them in advance..I was able to submit the pharmCAS last weekend and I am really pressed for time until pharmcas verifies and sends my application to get invited to the secondary application. If you could, I would really appreciate your help.

C.
You get a month to complete the supplemental. It's not fair to post the questions and allow you extra time when everyone is given the same allotted time to complete the supplemental.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from llu yet?

Lol I think they forgot that there are some app to review, I just received an email about hospital pharmacy from LLU few days ago

Lol I think they forgot that there are some app to review, I just received an email about hospital pharmacy from LLU few days ago
I know right? I was under the impression they started to contact applicants on Nov 1 but maybe I was wrong

Received a call today for an interview next week! Anyone else hear from them yet??

me too, nothing yet, but I remember I submit my application way back in Aug

I submitted my secondary at the beginning of September. I received a phone call from a (909) number and that was when they scheduled the interview! Then, they send a interview date confirmation email after the phone call.

Has anyone been accepted yet? Do you guys know when they start calling?

Lol finally call for interview Feb 3rd

why nobody participate here, Last night I sent my deposit, I gave up my seat at MCPHS(W), so excited :)

someone give me the overall cost of attending for the whole program...i know its arough extimate ...just looking for a round figure

abt 39000 a year like other private pharmacy schools

i'm going to interview soon! anyone has suggestions or any feelings for the writing part? Loma linda is my first choice and I really want to get in!

I interviewed here recently and what a nice, pleasant place this school is. Really hope I get in! The writing portion is pretty straightforward, nothing hard. My prompt just basically asked me to talk about myself.

Hi
hope you both get in, I already sent my deposit, the writing portion is pretty straight forward, just be prepared for the interview questions like why loma linda and
why pharmacy school
best of luck :)

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I have applied here and have yet to hear back. I really hope I get a call for an interview soon :/

hi people. I'm currently a pharm student year at LLU and would like to share and comment on a few things.

first, if you don't get in this first time, you can try again next year. the good news is, you don't have to be a 4.0gpa student with 5 years of pharmacy tech. exp to get in. my gpa for science and math was around 3.2 and i had zero pharm exp. mostly lab work, a lot of retail/cust. ser. related jobs and some pharm volunteering. lastly, i got interview really late last year, like april late. so don't give up hope!

second, cost is probably cheapest out of all CA schools when factoring living, gas, etc… tuition is $3-5k more the a public school i.e. UCSF or UCSD, but cost of living is pretty cheap. i can't remember for the other schools, but please factor in the cost or upgrade of a laptop or IPAD because testing is done electronically.

as for the interview, its 2 separate one-one interview with a faculty. about an hour each and at most, you'll see 2 or 3 interviewees. just be ourself because they can tell if you're not. writing portion is pretty short and straight forward.

lastly, pm me or ill try to check this periodically to help you guys answer questions.

Has anyone created a Facebook page for those of us entering the Fall 2014 program? If not, we should:)

Reactions: 1 user
yea definitely
Cool! So I'm trying to make one right now and it's prompting me to add a friend prior to creating the group. Would you be willing to friend request me? My name is Morgan Schwegler

Hi how long did it take for you all to hear back after interviews? I interviewed early last week, but there was a hold on my app so I think my app will be reviewed at the next admissions meeting. Sooooooo nervous.

Hi how long did it take for you all to hear back after interviews? I interviewed early last week, but there was a hold on my app so I think my app will be reviewed at the next admissions meeting. Sooooooo nervous.
I interviewed March 14th and was accepted 3 days later on March 17th.

When would be the last day to get called for an interview? Does anyone know?

When would be the last day to get called for an interview? Does anyone know?
I think they said interviews are until the end of March. Maybe you can give them a call and see if there's an update on your status?

Cool! So I'm trying to make one right now and it's prompting me to add a friend prior to creating the group. Would you be willing to friend request me? My name is Morgan Schwegler
Of course, I just did :)

sfcstudent, dont hold me to it, but it can be up to the first week of April. That's when I got interviewed and got accepted the following Friday.

and if it gives you some comfort, i can confirm i am still seeing interviewees on a daily basis all dressed in black =)

Yeah, any tips? lol

i'll be there interviewing this upcoming week!

Be CONFIDENT. All the faculty/staff are very welcoming. Try not to be nervous:) Besides that, just be yourself and be honest. Prepare for the interview and essay by asking yourself "why pharmacy", "why LLU", think about your strengths/weaknesses, etc. They ask basic interview questions. Overall the whole process was pretty laid back.
Good Luck!! You will do great:)

Be CONFIDENT. All the faculty/staff are very welcoming. Try not to be nervous:) Besides that, just be yourself and be honest. Prepare for the interview and essay by asking yourself "why pharmacy", "why LLU", think about your strengths/weaknesses, etc. They ask basic interview questions. Overall the whole process was pretty laid back.
Good Luck!! You will do great:)

Thank you very much! That was very informative!

I got accepted :)

Please add me to the fb page :)

Last edited:
tips for success for the first year.1) pharmacy school is not easy. its not impossible, but it is definitely not a breeze. even the smartest person in our class does not have straight As. its not to say the material is difficult, it is the amount they pile on you.
2) time management is key. you will hit the ground running and if you do not know how to budget your time for studying effectively, you will struggle and possible fail.
3) know your amino acid structures. know your top 200 brand and generics. the professors will most likely contact you sometime between now and summer and will send you a list of objectives or at least things you should know. knowing amino acids and top 200 before you start Fall will save you hours of studying and will keep your head above waters.
4) i wouldn't be too worried about purchasing books for the first year. wait until you start, as the professors will provide you a list of recommended and required text. if you are worried feel free too buy in advance.
5) invest in a good laptop. something that will have good battery life and perhaps portable if you are a smaller person. you will be using it A LOT. if you can't purchase one or have a fairly new one (within the past 2 years or so), i would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend saving everything and reinstalling it. meaning you clear everything out because overtime you just accumulate junk on it. you do not want to deal with laptop problems like viruses or instability during finals week.

i am here to help as much as possible. i am giving you these tips because i have had classmates fail and repeat a year because of not following tips 1,2,3. tips 4 and 5 are mainly to avoid stress and an anxiety.

good luck

tips for success for the first year.1) pharmacy school is not easy. its not impossible, but it is definitely not a breeze. even the smartest person in our class does not have straight As. its not to say the material is difficult, it is the amount they pile on you.
2) time management is key. you will hit the ground running and if you do not know how to budget your time for studying effectively, you will struggle and possible fail.
3) know your amino acid structures. know your top 200 brand and generics. the professors will most likely contact you sometime between now and summer and will send you a list of objectives or at least things you should know. knowing amino acids and top 200 before you start Fall will save you hours of studying and will keep your head above waters.
4) i wouldn't be too worried about purchasing books for the first year. wait until you start, as the professors will provide you a list of recommended and required text. if you are worried feel free too buy in advance.
5) invest in a good laptop. something that will have good battery life and perhaps portable if you are a smaller person. you will be using it A LOT. if you can't purchase one or have a fairly new one (within the past 2 years or so), i would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend saving everything and reinstalling it. meaning you clear everything out because overtime you just accumulate junk on it. you do not want to deal with laptop problems like viruses or instability during finals week.

i am here to help as much as possible. i am giving you these tips because i have had classmates fail and repeat a year because of not following tips 1,2,3. tips 4 and 5 are mainly to avoid stress and an anxiety.

good luck

Thanks so much for the advice! Would you be able/willing to provide an example of what the first semester curriculum looks like in terms of daily schedule (lecture hours, study time, test days, etc). Are all lectures in class or are some online? Thank you in advance!