Loma Linda Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uofandy18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to this, but I am just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with Loma Linda's secondary. I have heard that they are pretty selective with passing it out and getting one means they are fairly interested in you, but I have also heard that every school passes out secondaries as a way to make money. Does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Everyone receives Nova's secondary, but like you said, not everyone receives Loma Linda's.

so all of you guys who got a secondary from Loma Linda had a religious leader writing you a letter?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused about this too. I just received a secondary from Loma Linda, and I am wondering if it's even worth it to send them the check and sec app at this point. My stats are better than their averages, but aren't they early interviewers like UoP??

None of my original letters were from a religious leader, but I sure am going to have one of the three I have to resubmit with the supp app come from one.:confused:

I hope they're not just doing it for the sec. fee!! Anyone else have any experiences with sending in a secondary in december?

so all of you guys who got a secondary from Loma Linda had a religious leader writing you a letter?:rolleyes:

I as going to have a religious leader fill out that recommendation form.

However, my parents and I stopped going to church four months ago. Plus there were some issues between the pastor and my mother. I doubt he will write me a good letter.

Anyhow, that "religious leader" requirement could be a counselor or even your Sunday school instructor in the past!!

I am confused about this too. I just received a secondary from Loma Linda, and I am wondering if it's even worth it to send them the check and sec app at this point. My stats are better than their averages, but aren't they early interviewers like UoP??

None of my original letters were from a religious leader, but I sure am going to have one of the three I have to resubmit with the supp app come from one.:confused:

I hope they're not just doing it for the sec. fee!! Anyone else have any experiences with sending in a secondary in december?

Congrats to you, as I have received my secondary application from LLU on Monday.

However, I will not proceed with their admissions process as I already have five interviews. I'm pretty sure one of the five dental schools will accept me on Dec 1st. Plus LLU's secondary app fee is $75. Whoa, forget it!!

LLU is a private institute, have strict religious bylaws and their tuition is high.
Better go to UOP.

$75 + new sets of transcripts to mail out, which sucks for those who've transfered between universities cuz that'll be atleast $30 on its own. Since I was a late applicant though (apps were complete by end of October at UCLA UCSF UNLV UoP Loma Linda) , I haven't heard from anyone past secondaries!

No one's invited for an interview and i'm freaking out!! :eek:

$75 + new sets of transcripts to mail out, which sucks for those who've transfered between universities cuz that'll be atleast $30 on its own. Since I was a late applicant though (apps were complete by end of October at UCLA UCSF UNLV UoP Loma Linda) , I haven't heard from anyone past secondaries!

No one's invited for an interview and i'm freaking out!! :eek:

Eid, What are your stats?

I believe that religious letter may not be necessary if you don't have a religion in the first place. Just my opinion.

Eid, What are your stats?

3.6 gpa.. 22 AA 23 TS and 20 PAT.

Ironically my reading was highest at 24 but QR was lowest at 17..:D

Loma Linda's interest is the only thing i'm going on right now.. if it doesn't work out (i'm not even christian!).. I think i might be looking at next year's cycle because of my late application .. This is my first time applying so I'm not sure, what do you guys think?