loma linda spiritual leader letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys, So Im sure many people ask this although I couldnt find a thread to it....
Is is mandatory to have a letter form a relegious figure for Loma Linda acceptance?..Their site says you MUST...But Ive heard form others before that you dont have to provide one. Does that mean that you could get accepted only providing LORs form science instructors?...or do I still need some other type of LOR ?...if so who?
Im not relegious, and am not affiliated with a relegious community... but understand that this school is not strictly for relegious applicants.. but dont know how to deal with this letter thingy...
any comments...does anybody know? Ide appreciate responses.. :)
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that's crucial if you're not even affiliated with any religious organization. But you should call the school to verify.

It is one of the requirements and they have deadline for the letter once your supplemental application begins.

Loma Linda is a private school and you should have done the research before applying to such school.

But they do not require it to be from a 'Christian' spiritual leader, so it can be from anyone that knows about your spiritual life. It doesn't even have to be a clergy/pastor.

I believe if you contact school, you probably could get a waiver for the LOR.
but again, LLU puts heavy emphasis on its religion value and mission and they will most likely going to choose applicants who are in accordance with their vision as they fill up the seats.
when you are filling out their secondaries, you'll see that they put very high emphasis on religion and Christian lifestyle. If you do not like required religion classes and discussing about origins of your belief, i would say reconsider even filling out the secondary app.

It is one of the requirements and they have deadline for the letter once your supplemental application begins.

Loma Linda is a private school and you should have done the research before applying to such school.

But they do not require it to be from a 'Christian' spiritual leader, so it can be from anyone that knows about your spiritual life. It doesn't even have to be a clergy/pastor.

I believe if you contact school, you probably could get a waiver for the LOR.
but again, LLU puts heavy emphasis on its religion value and mission and they will most likely going to choose applicants who are in accordance with their vision as they fill up the seats.
when you are filling out their secondaries, you'll see that they put very high emphasis on religion and Christian lifestyle. If you do not like required religion classes and discussing about origins of your belief, i would say reconsider even filling out the secondary app.

I suppose the religious emphasis placed by LLU is has a lot to do with the medical missionary vision upheld by the adventist's pioneers. Just curious, lphiewok, are you a member of Austin A1 SDA church, and applying to LLU too?