Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatography

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So has anyone heard from LLU yet? I'll start a thread right here.

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet...hopefully soon.

Hey, I haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully we can all communicate through the whole application cycle. I think this was the most in depth supplemental I have ever done. What did you guys think? Also, heard anything about what the school wants, like what candidates they really like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably people who share the same belief.

Last edited:
I just noticed that on PharmCAS school pages it said that a science professor's LOR is RECcommended but not Required for this school.

However, on the confirmation email I got, it mentioned that it is required. It's on the automatic email titled "LLU Online Application Received"

Can someone verify this with me??

has anyone heard from LLU yet? when should we be expecting interview invites from them???

I just got the invite for my interview which will be next Monday. I hope you guys will hear from them soon. Good luck!
Can you share your status? And when did you submit the suppl. application? Tks!

GPA 3.9, doing research, tutoring experience, volunteering hospital and lots of other ECs. I submitted my supplemental in late August.

your stats are great, wish you much luck on your interview

Members don't see this ad :)
If I postpone my interview, will that hurt my chance?
Thanks

I went in for interview yesterday and so stress out for the past 2 days preparing for it. They called me on the 12/14 and interview is on 12/16. No pressure on writing sample and interview is more like conversational. The admission and the whole staffs are so helpful and smile all the time and interviewer want you to relax so you will not so nervous. I think being religious affiliated is the best advantage. They said they will send the acceptance letter around January.:):):)

I went in for interview yesterday and so stress out for the past 2 days preparing for it. They called me on the 12/14 and interview is on 12/16. No pressure on writing sample and interview is more like conversational. The admission and the whole staffs are so helpful and smile all the time and interviewer want you to relax so you will not so nervous. I think being religious affiliated is the best advantage. They said they will send the acceptance letter around January.:):):)
Wow didn't know they were interviewing already.. one of my friends who applied said since this the first year on pharmcas that they pushed back the interview dates till next year. Oh well I haven't been around west hall this week anyways because of finals.

anyone interviewing there soon? how many people are at each interview?

Really !? What was the number they used to call you!? 909 area code or different!?

Really !? What was the number they used to call you!? 909 area code or different!?

anyone heard anything from LLU? So nervous now...

Is it true that they are first interviewing people who are seventh day adventists? I wonder what's taking so long...

Is it true that they are first interviewing people who are seventh day adventists? I wonder what's taking so long...

Two of my friends had an interview back in Nov and Dec. They are both presbysterians. I have an interview scheduled next week and I'm Catholic.

good luck!:luck:

anyone knows when they will send out acceptance letters and when is their next round of interview? BTW, are there any SDA who have already been interviewed?

are any of you guys that applied SDA?

I have not heard anything from them. Hope some good news will come soon.......:)

me either...still heard nothing! I turned in my supp around mid october

for those who had interviews before the New year, have you heard anything from the school?

I went to the interview in Dec, and I got a call from LLU today. They told me that my name is on the alternate list...Im worried... Does anyone know what my chances getting in?

I went to the interview in Dec, and I got a call from LLU today. They told me that my name is on the alternate list...Im worried... Does anyone know what my chances getting in?

Even though it is not as good as accepted, but you still have chance to get in, so keep your head up :) :luck:
best of luck

At least you got an interview...What I am afraid of is that at the end of March or beginning of April when interview is over, a rejection letter will sent home to me. This happen to two of my friends. They thought no notice from the University is somewhat a good thing but in the end, both got the rejection letter. It is sad to wait for the rejection letter without an interview. :(

anyone interviewing there soon? how many people are at each interview?

When I went to the interview, there were five people who had the appointment at the same time. LLU gave us writings, an orientation, and a campus tour together, but not the interviews. I had two interviews and both of them were one-on-one.

At least you got an interview...What I am afraid of is that at the end of March or beginning of April when interview is over, a rejection letter will sent home to me. This happen to two of my friends. They thought no notice from the University is somewhat a good thing but in the end, both got the rejection letter. It is sad to wait for the rejection letter without an interview. :(

yea i know its stressful I havent heard anything from some schools either so Iunderstand what you mean...

and thanks Luxubu you are right and Ill try to be positive:) and good luck to you too!

It's wierd ! LLU they should have open house a while before the interview.
I dont like the way they have applied to applicants.
Some school , they got your suppl appl. if you arent qualified they send the rejection letter right away. That help us a lot!

They dont know applicant will end up in debt

I still don't understand what is taking so long. I finished my PharmCAS/Supplementals in August and have received an interview from UCSF, Touro, USC, Western, and UOP. But Loma Linda has yet to call me. I know we still have about 2 months left, but it's just been taking too long. I'm Catholic...anyone who's non-SDA or even non-Christian get an interview yet?

I still don't understand what is taking so long. I finished my PharmCAS/Supplementals in August and have received an interview from UCSF, Touro, USC, Western, and UOP. But Loma Linda has yet to call me. I know we still have about 2 months left, but it's just been taking too long. I'm Catholic...anyone who's non-SDA or even non-Christian get an interview yet?

same here. I submitted mine around September and this is taking way too long. Not even a response from them

same here. I submitted mine around September and this is taking way too long. Not even a response from them

You guys are right! so long!
if any applicants are not qualified they sould send the rejection?

Any boby gets it after submitting Suppl Appl.?

Thanks

i'm in the same boat guys.
submitted my supps around the mid/end of november and have not heard anything.

a think this will soon be a rejection. i was eventually rejected from 3 other schools after waiting over 2 months. 2 rejected me, one put me on hold and later rejected me.

i thikn this is the trend for most schools. hopefully it's different now as i'm keeping my hopes up for llu.

Hi all,

I'm interviewing tomorrow and wondering if anybody has the same interview date as me. I'm not a Christian nor Catholic. I sent in my application in August and heard back from them last week by phone. I think they are starting to review more and more applicants now. Best of luck to everyone :)

Hi all,

I'm interviewing tomorrow and wondering if anybody has the same interview date as me. I'm not a Christian nor Catholic. I sent in my application in August and heard back from them last week by phone. I think they are starting to review more and more applicants now. Best of luck to everyone :)

Hi Chuichi10,

Congrats!
wOw! you turned in your appl. in Aug and recently just got an interview. Mine was turn in the end of Nov 2010,so i guess i have to wait more. I'm not a Chris or Cath too.
Did you visit their open house ? They invited me for open house Jan 31 2010...? i dont know if i should go.

Thanks

for those on the waiting list, theres hope. The dean said during a presentation this year that there was only about a 58% or something rate of those who were accepted who actually came to the school. Quite a few people in my class said they were wait listed before getting accepted.

for those on the waiting list, theres hope. The dean said during a presentation this year that there was only about a 58% or something rate of those who were accepted who actually came to the school. Quite a few people in my class said they were wait listed before getting accepted.

Hi Brianuseruser,

Do you know if the thing that applicant doesn't go to open house event will affect any admission status?

Thanks

Hi Brianuseruser,

Do you know if the thing that applicant doesn't go to open house event will affect any admission status?

Thanks
I doubt it will make a difference. I never went to it... however going to it couldn't hurt either.

class of 2009!

Last edited:
hey guys, there are two more months to go and they are still interviewing so do not lose hope yet. I had interview last monday and I am still waiting for the result...:)

Last edited:
Yess! Finally after waiting since August, I just scheduled my interview for next Wednesday! Hopefully...it will finally bring my first Acceptance...anyone have any advice/suggestions on the interview? Thank you, and good luck to everyone.