Loma Linda University Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychedaboutpsych123

Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at Loma Linda University School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry's internship. I know Loma Linda is a religious institution and they mention a bit about it in their brochure. I was wondering if anyone had firsthand experience working there and could speak to the role religion plays on a clinical level.

Trying to finalize that internship list so any thoughts are helpful! :oops:

Thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Waaaaay back when, their program's application or interview asked about how you would abide by their campus religious rules. This included not drinking caffeine and/or smoking and/or drinking. A young psydr was not impressed with that.

Of course, this was back when you had to physically send a letter to ask for the program to physically mail you an application.

Reactions: 1 users
Even an "older" erg923 would not be havin dat, Catholics are proud gamblers and (moderate) drinkers (for Jesus, of course).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waaaaay back when, their program's application or interview asked about how you would abide by their campus religious rules. This included not drinking caffeine and/or smoking and/or drinking. A young psydr was not impressed with that.

Of course, this was back when you had to physically send a letter to ask for the program to physically mail you an application.

Considering I wrote this post while drinking my second cup of coffee, not sure how well I'd hold up. Thank you!

Even an "older" erg923 would not be havin dat, Catholics are proud gamblers and (moderate) drinkers (for Jesus, of course).

As someone raised Catholic, this resonated haha. All for Jesus, of course!

Reactions: 1 users