Program-Specific Info / Q's LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MOT SUMMER 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I got in :) just letting you know that admissions decisions started! Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all! I just got accepted so everyone keep a eye out for the email and good luck to everyone :D

Reactions: 3 users
great job!!! I also found out this morning that I have been accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone so far!! Nothing yet, but I'm hopeful...not going to get my hopes up too much, though

Reactions: 1 user
So you guys got emails? Calls? Any changes in the admissions portal? :)

Ahhh I'm so jealous of you guys! I've honestly already accepted rejection just so I don't get my hopes up. I know you guys applied pretty early too, so hopefully they're just making their way down the list. Fingers crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up

Ahhh I'm so jealous of you guys! I've honestly already accepted rejection just so I don't get my hopes up. I know you guys applied pretty early too, so hopefully they're just making their way down the list. Fingers crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up
I hope you get accepted! I have high hopes for you!

I hope you get accepted! I have high hopes for you!

Thanks so much!!!! Is LLU your top choice? :) I hope to meet you in person eventually if we both get accepted and decide to attend!

Thanks so much!!!! Is LLU your top choice? :) I hope to meet you in person eventually if we both get accepted and decide to attend!
Yes, LLU is my top choice and I have confirmed my spot! I hope to meet too!! :)

Congrats to all you who have been accepted already!
I am still waiting to hear back. Would anyone know if there’s a way to see if possibly I have been put on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all you who have been accepted already!
I am still waiting to hear back. Would anyone know if there’s a way to see if possibly I have been put on the alternate list?

The admissions portal will show everything, but they don't add it there until you have been notified by email first (I believe). Fingers crossed for us both!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else! I applied to llu last cohort and I didn't get in. But llu staff is so nice and sincere that I was able to schedule a one on one with the director chair to talk about my application. She told me my weakness and strengths also gave tips on how to make me a stronger candidate. I know for sure other school aren't upfront with why you didn't get in. I definitely hope you get in this cohort but don't lose hope!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else! I applied to llu last cohort and I didn't get in. But llu staff is so nice and sincere that I was able to schedule a one on one with the director chair to talk about my application. She told me my weakness and strengths also gave tips on how to make me a stronger candidate. I know for sure other school aren't upfront with why you didn't get in. I definitely hope you get in this cohort but don't lose hope!

Thank you so much! That's super great of them :) Congrats on your acceptance this year! What would you say changed the most in your application this cycle? I'm honesty concerned that my application seemed "rushed" and I didn't apply early enough... (I sent it in September)

I don't think you have to worry about late submissions! I got in earlier this week too and I applied in October. They probably send waves of acceptances in January and February. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think you have to worry about late submissions! I got in earlier this week too and I applied in October. They probably send waves of acceptances in January and February. Good luck to everyone!

That worries me even more! I haven't heard anything, and I applied in September. Congrats on your acceptance! Not getting my hopes up, but we'll see.

Thank you so much! That's super great of them :) Congrats on your acceptance this year! What would you say changed the most in your application this cycle? I'm honesty concerned that my application seemed "rushed" and I didn't apply early enough... (I sent it in September)
I would say what changed was the the fact that i retook most of my pre req before applying a second time (my pre req gpa was the leading factor on why I didn't get in the first time). Plus during my info session at llu the director chair and staff really pushed for perspective students to keep in touch with my progress. So I just regularly emailed madge with updates on my classes.

I would say what changed was the the fact that i retook most of my pre req before applying a second time (my pre req gpa was the leading factor on why I didn't get in the first time). Plus during my info session at llu the director chair and staff really pushed for perspective students to keep in touch with my progress. So I just regularly emailed madge with updates on my classes.

I see! That's good to know :) may I ask what your stats are?

I feel good about pretty much everything except my personal statement. I think it was good, but I didn't spend as much time with it as I wanted to. Now I'm questioning every part of my application, though!

My stats:
Overall GPA 3.9
Prereq 4.0
Shadowing hours: over 100 in inpatient, outpatient, pediatrics
LOR: OT, PT, PTA, director of special needs camp I volunteered at, director of learning resource center I worked at as a writing tutor, church clergy (I volunteered in a kids program there)

Extras: completed a Future Physician Leaders internship through University or CA Riverside, did mental health project through that, work as a PT aide. Volunteered at children's program at church, kids' summer music/drama programs, short-term missions in Tijuana, Mexico.

Last edited:

I feel good about pretty much everything except my personal statement. I think it was good, but I didn't spend as much time with it as I wanted to. Now I'm questioning every part of my application, though!

My stats:
Overall GPA 3.9
Prereq 4.0
LOR: OT, PT, PTA, director of special needs camp I volunteered at, director of learning resource center I worked at as a writing tutor, church clergy (I volunteered in a kids program there)

Extras: completed a Future Physician Leaders internship through University or CA Riverside, did mental health project through that, work as a PT aide. Volunteered at children's program at church, kids' summer music/drama programs, short-term missions in Tijuana, Mexico.
You have really good stats and are well-rounded with shadowing and other experiences. I don't think you should be woried :D

My stats:
Overall GPA 3.9
Prereq 4.0

I have the same overall, prereq and shadowing hours as you and I was accepted so I have high hopes you will get in! Plus you said you have applied to multiple schools so hopefully schools they tell you about acceptance soon!

I have the same overall, prereq and shadowing hours as you and I was accepted so I have high hopes you will get in! Plus you said you have applied to multiple schools so hopefully schools they tell you about acceptance soon!

Thanks, girl..even so, I feel like the acceptance/rejection process is weirdly unpredictable. I wonder what determines those who get accepted in the first/second waves of acceptances. It's not application submission date...maybe last name? I have no clue! Lol. Thanks for the words of positivity!! :)

I just submitted my interview last Sunday so I'm nervous now! In the email it says that they are getting together to review in January so I'm hoping we find out by the end of January/early February!

My stats:
Overall GPA 3.9
Prereq 4.0

My stats are pretty average/ maybe a little below but I definitely showed LLU I was dedicated to improvement since I retook my pre req so I believe that was a driving factor on why I got accepted.

Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre Req: 3.7
Volunteering: 550 Hours at a outpatient Hand clinic & 250 hours at a outpatient pediatric facility
Letter of Rec: (2 OT & 2 Professors ) one OT who is an LLU alumni as well as another being a OT who mentors LLU students for field work. I know my letters of req were really solid.

Extra: I was an PT aide for a year also volunteered at a senior day care center in the OT department but didn't add that to my hours because it was something I did for a short term.

My stats:
Overall GPA 3.9
Prereq 4.0

Your stats are great. Stay positive! its so subjective what each school uses to base acceptance. There's no point stressing or guessing what they use to determine it.

Your stats are great. Stay positive! its so subjective what each school uses to base acceptance. There's no point stressing or guessing what they use to determine it.

Thank you for the encouragement! :) Thafs true...the system of acceptance is unpredictable. I guess time will tell.

JUST RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE! YAYYYYY! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hello!
for those who are accepted is there any knowledge of a fb group or any kind of group? I am trying to looking for roommates hahah

Hello!
for those who are accepted is there any knowledge of a fb group or any kind of group? I am trying to looking for roommates hahah
I am possibly looking for roommates as well! In the past people on these forums for LLU have said that someone already in the program adds everyone who has accepted their spot in a facebook group but I'm not sure how long that will take. I don't want for us to wait months to start seeing who is in our cohort for the sake of getting an apartment with other MOT students earlier. If any current students have any info let us know! :)

Hi all, i made a good for people who have been accepted on fb. Just search up "LLU MOT SUMMER 2018" :D

I've gotten 5 video views that weren't me. Ahh I'm nervous! I want to go to Loma Linda so bad and I'm scared that after my second year of applying to OT schools, I might still not get in.

I've gotten 5 video views that weren't me. Ahh I'm nervous! I want to go to Loma Linda so bad and I'm scared that after my second year of applying to OT schools, I might still not get in.

I'm right there with you! Don't lose hope! I emailed Madge and she said my application had not yet been voted on (scary! Lol) in the committee meeting, but that we will likely hear back next week if we get in. I imagine next week is the latest..or, if not, no later than the 29th. You've got this!!!

I'm right there with you! Don't lose hope! I emailed Madge and she said my application had not yet been voted on (scary! Lol) in the committee meeting, but that we will likely hear back next week if we get in. I imagine next week is the latest..or, if not, no later than the 29th. You've got this!!!
Ohmygoodness girl!! That is scary! I hope we both get in! : )
Thank you for sharing this with me because I haven't asked any questions because Im afraid of bugging them! I'm glad we will be finding out soon but soooo nervous!

Ohmygoodness girl!! That is scary! I hope we both get in! : )
Thank you for sharing this with me because I haven't asked any questions because Im afraid of bugging them! I'm glad we will be finding out soon but soooo nervous!

Me too! I feel excited for the acceptances in this thread, but intimidated that the overwhelming majority of posters here seem to have been accepted it's okay, though...it's not over yet! We are in this together! Me too...I'm bummed that we have another weekend of waiting. Hopefully, it will be worth it Here's to both of us getting in and potentially meeting in person someday! Haha

Where do most students usually live for MOT programs? dorms? or do most students find apartments near by?

Where do most students usually live for MOT programs? dorms? or do most students find apartments near by?
I talked to a current student and she said most people live in apartments nearby together once they find out who is in their cohort :)

I talked to a current student and she said most people live in apartments nearby together once they find out who is in their cohort :)
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it will be easy to find housing in a short period of time.

Me too! I feel excited for the acceptances in this thread, but intimidated that the overwhelming majority of posters here seem to have been accepted it's okay, though...it's not over yet! We are in this together! Me too...I'm bummed that we have another weekend of waiting. Hopefully, it will be worth it Here's to both of us getting in and potentially meeting in person someday! Haha

Tbh guys, I would email and check with them every few days. They literally knew my name personally because I was always keeping in touch with them! They love when students make an extra effort to stand out! Thats what my friend told me and she also went to LLU! Just a thought for your other programs as well! Make yoursleves known!!

Hi guys! I am currently a first year student in the MOT program. The acceptances seem to continue throughout January and into a February! I was emailed that I was put on the alternative list last year in early January and was really bummed out. I kept emailing Madge every Monday to see if I had moved up at all. As of the start of May I had accepted that I was not going to get in and had some more volunteer hours lined up. On May 12th I got a call from Madge offering me a spot in the program! So do not get discouraged and make sure you email and follow up! It shows that you really want to be in the program :) I remember I followed this thread for months and months really anxious but in the end it paid off!
If you guys have any questions about the program itself or the acceptance process please let me know! Good luck you guys :) you will end up where you are supposed to be!

Reactions: 5 users