Program-Specific Info / Q's LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MOT SUMMER 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, new to the thread. I received an email Monday that I was voted to be placed on the alternate list and received that letter today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is an orientation before the program starts?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is an orientation before the program starts?
I believe we have a family day the day before class starts and orientation the first day? I was taken off the waitlist a week ago! Is there a Facebook page for our cohort?

Reactions: 1 users
New to the thread here! I was placed on the alternate list and still have not hear anything back yet! Does anyone know if it is ranked or not?

New to the thread here! I was placed on the alternate list and still have not hear anything back yet! Does anyone know if it is ranked or not?
I would contact Madge and see if she can give you any info on your status, she’s very nice!

Congrats to everyone accepted! Welcome to Loma Linda! I am a current first year and am able to answer any questions you might have. I will try to check back periodically. Last year I think they had a friends and family event, and then the anatomy TAs had an informal meeting to answer questions for people able to make it to campus. I bought the anatomy text and never used it. They provide you with all of the material you need on day one, I just put it in a binder and brought whatever section I needed with me according to the lecture that day. They will want you to color in a lot of structures, and it may work for you, but I stopped a few weeks in. Just FYI, no pressure to color. Also, no need to study before. You will live, eat, and breath the material all summer long. I would instead make some great memories , spend some quality time with loved ones., get into a good sleep pattern, and plan out a way to study (i.e. set up your study space for success).
Highly recommended items: colored pencils that retract, large binder for day one, clip board for lab, box of gloves, lab coat with lots of pockets, and a pair of scrubs for each day of the week (no time to do laundry).
Good luck everyone! Feel free to message me or let me know if you want any specific tips I can leave here for everyone.

Congrats to everyone accepted! Welcome to Loma Linda! I am a current first year and am able to answer any questions you might have. I will try to check back periodically. Last year I think they had a friends and family event, and then the anatomy TAs had an informal meeting to answer questions for people able to make it to campus. I bought the anatomy text and never used it. They provide you with all of the material you need on day one, I just put it in a binder and brought whatever section I needed with me according to the lecture that day. They will want you to color in a lot of structures, and it may work for you, but I stopped a few weeks in. Just FYI, no pressure to color. Also, no need to study before. You will live, eat, and breath the material all summer long. I would instead make some great memories , spend some quality time with loved ones., get into a good sleep pattern, and plan out a way to study (i.e. set up your study space for success).
Highly recommended items: colored pencils that retract, large binder for day one, clip board for lab, box of gloves, lab coat with lots of pockets, and a pair of scrubs for each day of the week (no time to do laundry).
Good luck everyone! Feel free to message me or let me know if you want any specific tips I can leave here for everyone.
I have a question regarding the LLU Observation Reaction form. Are we supposed to handwrite it or type it out?

I have a question regarding the LLU Observation Reaction form. Are we supposed to handwrite it or type it out?
I'm a current first year at LLU! I handwrote it and then scanned it :) Typing should work too if you don't have super legible handwriting!

I'm a current first year at LLU! I handwrote it and then scanned it :) Typing should work too if you don't have super legible handwriting!
Thanks for your response! I have another question if you don't mind regarding OTCAS' transcript entry - do you think I can get away with using an unofficial transcript as opposed to an official transcript that OTCAS says we should use?

I think you need to send in an official transcript because you enter your courses and grades but then OTCAS verifies against the official transcript to make sure they match up. I would get the transcripts in sooner rather than later :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! This is my first time applying (ahhhh, I'm sooo nervous!!!), and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if my stats are decent enough for LLU.

It's my first choice school, so I'm really really hopeful that I get in!

University: CSULB,
Major: Kinesiology
Cum: 3.55
Prereq: 3.8
LOR: 1 OT (who graduated from LLU), my boss/a PT (who graduated from LLU), and another PT whom I've grown up with/has been my mentor
Hours: 150+ in a peds setting, 85 hours in a hand therapy setting
Additional experience: Been a rehab tech since 2015

I will also be applying to USC, CSUDH, St. Augustine, West Coast, and Stanbridge (hahah can you tell where I'm from?) :laugh:

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!!!! WE GOT THIS! :)

Last edited:
I hand wrote and scanned my observation form, too. OTCAS seems to be very strict about sending in official and sealed transcripts.

@RoadToOTSchool Welcome! I think your stats look great and seem to be on par with my class. I had a 3.5 and around 200 hrs of OT shadowing, too. One thing that looks really good though is a 4.0 in prerequisite classes, so if you can manage to retake any for a quick A I highly recommend it, but I wouldn't delay your application over it. Other than that, congrats on all the hard work up until now and good luck on your application!

Hello everyone! This is my first time applying (ahhhh, I'm sooo nervous!!!), and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if my stats are decent enough for LLU.

LOR: 1 OT (who graduated from LLU), my boss/a PT (who graduated from LLU), and another PT whom I've grown up with/has been my mentor

I will also be applying to USC, CSUDH, St. Augustine, West Coast, and Stanbridge (hahah can you tell where I'm from?) :laugh:

Hi ! I'm applying to the exact same schools as you and I also graduated from CSULB with Kinesiology! Good luck to us :)

@RoadToOTSchool Welcome! I think your stats look great and seem to be on par with my class. I had a 3.5 and around 200 hrs of OT shadowing, too. One thing that looks really good though is a 4.0 in prerequisite classes, so if you can manage to retake any for a quick A I highly recommend it, but I wouldn't delay your application over it. Other than that, congrats on all the hard work up until now and good luck on your application!
I only have 100 hrs of OT shadowing. Do you guys think that's too little?

I only have 100 hrs of OT shadowing. Do you guys think that's too little?

I am a first year LLU MOT student and had about 100 hours of shadowing when I applied! I think what’s most important is that you diversify your shadowing experiences. For example, my hours were evenly distributed between peds, inpatient, and outpatient. The more exposure, the better! Hope that helps - you’ll be great! :)

Your stats look great! Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

Does anyone know of an online Medical Terminology course that is for sure accepted by LLU for the MOT program?

Thank you!

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone still uses this forum. but I just received an email for a Zoom interview with LLU's OT program for 2019. I'm so nervous for it. Does anyone have an advice for answering the questions? Im not great with interviews which is another reason I'm freaking out a bit haha. I just don't know what to expect.

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone still uses this forum. but I just received an email for a Zoom interview with LLU's OT program for 2019. I'm so nervous for it. Does anyone have an advice for answering the questions? Im not great with interviews which is another reason I'm freaking out a bit haha. I just don't know what to expect.

When did you submit your supp app?

I am also terrible at interviews, I feel my interview went awful but I'm not losing hope and I keep praying that I get selected. I did a small meditation to help with the nerves. Best of luck!

I am also terrible at interviews, I feel my interview went awful but I'm not losing hope and I keep praying that I get selected. I did a small meditation to help with the nerves. Best of luck!
oh Im sure you did fine! What was the interview like? they just asked you questions?

oh Im sure you did fine! What was the interview like? they just asked you questions?
I really hope so, fingers crossed.For me the interview was the the hardest part since I'm a very shy person but she was very nice and helpful. I was on zoom for about 25min but that included introductions, instructions followed by the questions and answers.

I really hope so, fingers crossed.For me the interview was the the hardest part since I'm a very shy person but she was very nice and helpful. I was on zoom for about 25min but that included introductions, instructions followed by the questions and answers.
im a really shy person too. thats why the interview portion is scary for me. did they give you time to come up with responses for the questions? or did you have to answer them on the spot? sorry im asking so many questions haha

im a really shy person too. thats why the interview portion is scary for me. did they give you time to come up with responses for the questions? or did you have to answer them on the spot? sorry im asking so many questions haha
Only 6minutes of your responses are recorded so it's more of on the spot answers. However, I don't think they would mind if you took your time. No worries, I don't mind.

the entire interview was recorded for me. Pass the 6 minutes mark, my responses were under 6 minutes but based on the interviewers additional questions it ended up being a convo that did pertain the questions. Maybe different for everyone?
Perhaps they record the whole interview and will only review the question section?? I can't imagine they would review all 25 min of the interview but perhaps they do.

Tbh, I wish I knew definitive answers. But the interview lasted that long because based on my answers it sparked conversation and response so I have no idea, all I know is they recorded the entire thing and the Zoom interview is new and it’s something they’re trying out this year.

So I have no idea lol it’d be great to know but overall don’t over stress or over think it guys! I’m a worrier and tbh I’m trying to just let go and let God and enjoy being hopeful still while we wait!

The advent season is upon us guys, try to catch a break from the worrying and enjoy it.. put the worrying a way or on pause (until January lol). He knows our hearts greatest desires trust Him with it.

I’m hoping WE ALL get to be classmates soon. Very soon.
I wish they would have been in person interviews, I feel I could have made a better connection. I'm happy for you, it sounds like your interview went well :)

I agree with you, at this point it is all in His hands and we should enjoy everyday to the fullest without worry. January is soon to come and we will find out the results.

Hopefully we all get selected and I get to meet you both.

I agree I wish it was in person interview too! I hope mine went well lol, I can’t ever truly be confident because to be fair my work history & current work I have to stand in front of different kids and people everyday and talk in front of them all day everyday but tbh I still had nerves leading up to the interview.

Also, remember they look at EVERYTHING! I’m sure you did just fine. The interview was my one shot I needed to really ace (which hopefully I did lol) because I feel like I have to makeup for my numbers on paper. :)

We all have strengths and weaknesses and I believe they look for a diverse group that way we all can balance each other out! You’re probably over stressing I’m sure you did amazing :)
I'm sure you did incredible! In my opinion nerves are normal for any interview, especially one so important to us all.

Thank you for all your kind words, they make me feel a bit better and at ease.

I'm unquestionably over stressing but will continue to pray and hope for the best results for all of us.

I had my interview a few weeks ago and I agree with the above statements! Mine went on for around 20-25 minutes and my interviewer did ask me an additional question out of interest. What I'm thinking is that the 6-minute question portion was pre-recorded for the rest of the admissions committee to look over and the entirety of the interview would be relayed to them through the interviewer.

Good luck to the rest of you all that have upcoming interviews; you're going to do great! :)
Ahhh now that makes complete sense! Having only 6minutes for the rest of the committee to review while the interviewer refers back to important points noted.

Does anyone know if the interview had to be 5-6mins long? I have a feeling mine was a lot shorter than that because I talked sooooo fast since I was extremely nervous.. I left out so much that I wanted to say haha

For me, the question portion took a little longer than 5-6 minutes (or at least that's how it felt since I talked so much). The faculty member didn't cut me off, so I'm not sure if they're abiding to the rule of that time range. Regardless, if you answered the questions to the best of your abilities then that's all that matters :)
Ah, I just feel that i messed up when answering the questions. i let my nerves get the best of me, but i did try answering as best as i could. im praying it went a lot better than i am telling myself.

Yeah I saw that one too I think those maybe out of state or international transcripts still waiting on my end —

I still haven't heard anything. I'm guessing by next week we should hear. Yeah I read 2 students got accepted in Dec. Not sure if they were out of the country or out of state. But I have a feeling next week we should hopefully hear something.

I had my interview today and the woman said that admissions decisions will be made by the end of this month.

They're still doing interviews!? whoa I had no idea they were still conducting interviews all the way into January.. if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supp app?

I submitted my supplemental app near the end of October and got the email invitation for the interview the end of December