Program-Specific Info / Q's LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MOT SUMMER 2018

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by CA2WAGIRL, Oct 15, 2017.

1. AspiringOT710

Hi, new to the thread. I received an email Monday that I was voted to be placed on the alternate list and received that letter today.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Game is going to OT

DPT / OTD
    Congrats! Curious, what city are you located in? I am about 45 mins away as well.

myOT1995 likes this.
  4. myOT1995

I'll PM you :)

5. CA2WAGIRL

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Does anyone know if there is an orientation before the program starts?

myOT1995 likes this.
  6. AspiringOT710

I believe we have a family day the day before class starts and orientation the first day? I was taken off the waitlist a week ago! Is there a Facebook page for our cohort?

myOT1995 and CA2WAGIRL like this.
  7. OT is the life for me

Occupational Therapist
    New to the thread here! I was placed on the alternate list and still have not hear anything back yet! Does anyone know if it is ranked or not?

8. CA2WAGIRL

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    hi great you are here to join us!

myOT1995 likes this.
  9. AspiringOT710

I would contact Madge and see if she can give you any info on your status, she’s very nice!

CA2WAGIRL likes this.
  10. student4life101

Occupational Therapy Student
    Congrats to everyone accepted! Welcome to Loma Linda! I am a current first year and am able to answer any questions you might have. I will try to check back periodically. Last year I think they had a friends and family event, and then the anatomy TAs had an informal meeting to answer questions for people able to make it to campus. I bought the anatomy text and never used it. They provide you with all of the material you need on day one, I just put it in a binder and brought whatever section I needed with me according to the lecture that day. They will want you to color in a lot of structures, and it may work for you, but I stopped a few weeks in. Just FYI, no pressure to color. Also, no need to study before. You will live, eat, and breath the material all summer long. I would instead make some great memories , spend some quality time with loved ones., get into a good sleep pattern, and plan out a way to study (i.e. set up your study space for success).
    Highly recommended items: colored pencils that retract, large binder for day one, clip board for lab, box of gloves, lab coat with lots of pockets, and a pair of scrubs for each day of the week (no time to do laundry).
    Good luck everyone! Feel free to message me or let me know if you want any specific tips I can leave here for everyone.

CA2WAGIRL likes this.
  11. okookiez

I have a question regarding the LLU Observation Reaction form. Are we supposed to handwrite it or type it out?

12. CA2WAGIRL

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    I'm a current first year at LLU! I handwrote it and then scanned it :) Typing should work too if you don't have super legible handwriting!

okookiez likes this.
  13. okookiez

Thanks for your response! I have another question if you don't mind regarding OTCAS' transcript entry - do you think I can get away with using an unofficial transcript as opposed to an official transcript that OTCAS says we should use?

14. CA2WAGIRL

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    I think you need to send in an official transcript because you enter your courses and grades but then OTCAS verifies against the official transcript to make sure they match up. I would get the transcripts in sooner rather than later :)