Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy c/o 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDY

Reach for the Stars
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's still early in the admissions cycle for Fall 2008, but I want to start a thread for LLUSOP c/o 2012 for later use. I just got accepted and thought maybe this thread will be a good place for people not from Southern California to start look for housing, making new friends, talk about pharmacy, your current job, etc.

I'm from Berkeley so I'll definitely need help finding housing and roommates in the coming year. I'm currently working as a pharmacy clerk. I just found out I passed the PTCB exam, so hopefully I can start working as a technician soon. I'm open to talk about anything pharmacy related!!

Congratulations to all those already accepted! :thumbup: And my best wishes to those who want to attend this school and are expecting an interview/acceptance call!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi again PharmDY good idea for making a thread! :) You're from berkeley? I'm from the east bay too :):)

Hey guys, I'm also going to LLU in 2008 for pharm school!!! You guys wouldn't have any heads up on some of the books that we'll need for pharm school, huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm also going to LLU in 2008 for pharm school!!! You guys wouldn't have any heads up on some of the books that we'll need for pharm school, huh?

nope. but when i was at the interview, some of the pharm students spoke with us and told us that every time they have a new textbook purchase, their class buys 1 text, then makes photo copies for the entire class since they're free! i don't know if the profs know about this... and what it does to book distributors/printing companies.

I just sent my $140 deposit for Lindsay Hall. If any LLU pharm students out there (hopefully a c/o 2012 student, so then we can study and look out for each other) wants a roommate, PM me. It'd be nice to live with another pharm student rather than an undergrad or from other grad schools. I think on campus housing will be a good idea for P1s. it's cheap and convenient! :)

Hey guys, my application status has been complete for 3-4 months now... i haven't heard back, what the heck? anyone else waiting for an interview?

Hey guys, my application status has been complete for 3-4 months now... i haven't heard back, what the heck? anyone else waiting for an interview?

i think many people are going through what you're going through now, and the best place is to look into the loma linda thread in the pre-pharmacy forum.

I just sent my $140 deposit for Lindsay Hall. If any LLU pharm students out there (hopefully a c/o 2012 student, so then we can study and look out for each other) wants a roommate, PM me. It'd be nice to live with another pharm student rather than an undergrad or from other grad schools. I think on campus housing will be a good idea for P1s. it's cheap and convenient! :)

Oh my goodness pharmDY!!! you already put in your deposit for a housing! oh my! you make me look bad~~ haha..
i plan to live on the on campus loma linda housing.. i hear parking is really bad there so i plan to walk to school~
hey do you know if lindsay hall doesnt allow guys to come over?
the cost is really good but i worry how strict they will be about visitors..

Oh my goodness pharmDY!!! you already put in your deposit for a housing! oh my! you make me look bad~~ haha..
i plan to live on the on campus loma linda housing.. i hear parking is really bad there so i plan to walk to school~

lol i have the same concern :laugh:

fyi for anyone else interested in Lindsay hall:

Male visitors
Permission to take male guests (including fathers) into the living areas must be obtained from the dean on duty. Males are only permitted in the living areas of the dorm between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 9:00p.m. Any male on the hall should have been announced over the intercom and should be wearing a "Guest" or "Service" sticker. For the safety of all we ask that any resident who sees a man on the hall not wearing a sticker, call the front desk immediately. The desk worker will know if there should be a male in that area.

i don't think Lindsay hall is for me, and the coed hall is only accepting male applications right now.. hmm i guess its time to start looking for any apartment :laugh::laugh:

I'm actually looking for houses to either rent or buy in Loma Linda. I plan to rent out bedrooms and would prefer female roommates, but won't be all strict about male visitors like the dorms on campus. I'll let you know what I find if you're interested.

I've chosen the easy way out--living on campus! I know they're really strict about visitors, but at least there'll be one thing I don't have to worry about: discussing visitors plans with my roommate! It'll be one less hassle to deal with, since it was a difficult issue dealing with in the past.

I'm planning to transfer to the other residence hall once they allow women to apply because it's more like an apartment rather than a dorm. In the meantime, if anyone would like to room with a quiet and studious roommate in Lindsay Hall, you're more than welcome to PM me!

For everyone who has Facebook, I've created a group for c/o 2012. Please join so we can network--whether it be housing, carpool, and later perhaps coursework, textbooks, study groups, etc :)

Here is the link: http://llu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8568822465

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG,

I finally got accepted to Loma Linda. It came as a big surprise for me. I interviewed for a waitlist class about a week ago, and received an acceptance call today. I still couldn't believe it! Whoo! :love:

See you guys when school starts.:)

I called Katie today, and she told me that there will be one additional interview on April 18. I was wondering how many people are going to that interview that day? I am still waiting for my call* I really want to make to that interview. :( I really hope that I have chance! Also, could people state their stats here?

Congratulations to Autumncloud! =) Are you going there for sure? Or you just want to wait till your acceptance to USC?

I called Katie today, and she told me that there will be one additional interview on April 18. I was wondering how many people are going to that interview that day? I am still waiting for my call* I really want to make to that interview. :( I really hope that I have chance! Also, could people state their stats here?

Congratulations to Autumncloud! =) Are you going there for sure? Or you just want to wait till your acceptance to USC?

What kind of stats are you looking for?
-science GPA: 3.8
-undergrad major: nutrition
-reapplicant to LLU (first applied last year)
-finished LLU application in June 2007
-interviewed on 11/16

Thanks so much! I just want to see where I stand among all other applicants. I really want to make the last interview. =(

What kind of stats are you looking for?
-science GPA: 3.8
-undergrad major: nutrition
-reapplicant to LLU (first applied last year)
-finished LLU application in June 2007
-interviewed on 11/16

don't be so down. my overall gpa is 3.37 and totally messed up my sophomore year, where my gpa dropped to about 2.8. good luck and hope u hear back from them!

Thanks so much! I just want to see where I stand among all other applicants. I really want to make the last interview. =(

I just signed-up @ sdn today. It is very intersting to read everyone's opinions about getting into pharmacy school. My questions is; do Loma Linda Uni. Require PCAT? Could somebody tell which universties do not require PCAT if possible.

I just signed-up @ sdn today. It is very intersting to read everyone's opinions about getting into pharmacy school. My questions is; do Loma Linda Uni. Require PCAT? Could somebody tell which universties do not require PCAT if possible.

For now... all of the California schools DO NOT require the PCAT

Thx "shehsheh" for the reply, i am going to apply for fall 2009. So do u think california schools will not require pcat for 09 either

Thx "shehsheh" for the reply, i am going to apply for fall 2009. So do u think california schools will not require pcat for 09 either

i highly doubt they'll begin requiring pcat, but it doesnt hurt to check. i suggest you calling cali school admission committees and ask them.

don't be so down. my overall gpa is 3.37 and totally messed up my sophomore year, where my gpa dropped to about 2.8. good luck and hope u hear back from them!

Thanks! I really hope to hear back from them soon, at least I can better prepare myself for the next cycle! Your overall GPA made the average for LLU! You have a very high science GPA! Good job! =) Did you get accepted to other schools or you just applied to LLU? This is my first time to apply to LLU! I called to the Admission office today, they told me that I would get my decision of my application this week. At least, I have not got my rejection letter yet! :) Pray for me!

does anyone plan on living in Lindsay Hall? i'm a female looking for a pharm student as roommate for the first year. please PM me if you're interested, thanks!

Hi PharmDY,

Just wanted to let you know that I was trying to find the LLU page on Facebook, but when I type "Loma Linda Pharmacy" in the search bar only the groups for LLU Class of 2011 and 2012 pop up. So maybe that is why there are only 2 people in the group since you can't find it in the search bar?

i typed both "loma linda pharmacy" and "loma linda university", and c/o 2012 appeared at the top listing. you said so yourself you found c/o 2012, so how is it that you can't find it in the search bar? (btw, c/o 2012 is the graduating class for those accepted this year, fall 2008.) but i am very shocked there are only 2 members... *sniff sniff Attention all~ please join if you plan to attend!! it'd be a great way to get to know each other before class officially begins!!

Hi PharmDY,

Just wanted to let you know that I was trying to find the LLU page on Facebook, but when I type "Loma Linda Pharmacy" in the search bar only the groups for LLU Class of 2011 and 2012 pop up. So maybe that is why there are only 2 people in the group since you can't find it in the search bar?

on another note, for those who are accepted and plan to attend LLU in fall 2008, has anyone received financial aid award? because i haven't yet, but that's because i just finished my correction fafsa and submitted all of the forms required for financial aid processing :laugh::p:oops:

Hi PharmDY,

I found the facebook page by clicking on the link in your earlier posts. I was looking at the other pharmacy class groups for LLU (2011 and 2010) and it says it is "an open group", and when I look at the one for 2012 it says its only for people in the Loma Linda network. I am a UCSD student, so when I type in the search bar to find "Loma Linda Pharmacy 2012" I cannot find it because I am not a LLU student. Hope that makes sense and sorry if I caused you any trouble! :oops:

does anyone plan on living in Lindsay Hall? i'm a female looking for a pharm student as roommate for the first year. please PM me if you're interested, thanks!

Hi PharmDY. Have you found a roommate yet? I am a fellow female 2012er who needs a roommate for the 1st year. Please let me know if you're still looking. I am just starting to look for places to live and I'm in desperate need of help to rent a room/house for cheap since I'll only need one for the first year. If you (or anybody else in this forum) have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks =)

I just graduated from LLU SOM in May. I got my residency in San Diego and I have 2Bed/2Bath condo for rent only 3 mins away from Campus. Here are the details and my contact info.
Rent: $1250/month
2Bed/2bath, central air/hear, washer/dryer, new kitchen appliances, new floors, walk-in closet, patio, attic, lots of storage, parking. Available NOW
This is a really beautiful unit that I loved living in as a student. This quiet and friendly complex is home to several LLU students and residents. I've put the Craigslist listing on the bottom. Contact Justin at (914) 720-4797 for a showing. Don't wait until the last minute to look for housing. Some of my classmates had to live in very unideal situations during first year because the didn't get situated until the got to school.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/apa/719236206.html

P.S. I'm also open to answer any question about my time at Loma Linda. It was a great ride.:D

I know it's still early in the admissions cycle for Fall 2008, but I want to start a thread for LLUSOP c/o 2012 for later use. I just got accepted and thought maybe this thread will be a good place for people not from Southern California to start look for housing, making new friends, talk about pharmacy, your current job, etc.

I'm from Berkeley so I'll definitely need help finding housing and roommates in the coming year. I'm currently working as a pharmacy clerk. I just found out I passed the PTCB exam, so hopefully I can start working as a technician soon. I'm open to talk about anything pharmacy related!!

Congratulations to all those already accepted! :thumbup: And my best wishes to those who want to attend this school and are expecting an interview/acceptance call!!
congrats on getting accepted. i had a question about the LOR since i'm applyin for fall 09. i know on LLU site it says add email and stuff of the people you are getting letters from but my university has service where you can keep your LORs and they are confidential so do you know if its possible to just have the Uni mail in the letters in as one package?
thanks

Just purchased a brand new house in Loma Linda! I'm a P1 looking for other students to live in this big house with me. There are four bedrooms available for rent. Rent is $550 a month plus split utilities. Home has A/C, brand new appliances and laundry room, plus a big kitchen. PM me if you're interested.

Just purchased a brand new house in Loma Linda! I'm a P1 looking for other students to live in this big house with me. There are four bedrooms available for rent. Rent is $550 a month plus split utilities. Home has A/C, brand new appliances and laundry room, plus a big kitchen. PM me if you're interested.

Hi I am looking for a room to rent. Pharmacy c/o 2012. Please PM, thank you :D Is this thread still active? I have some question on the loans. hopefully someone could help me out. I am awarded with 33k of loans, however, the cost of attendance is 51k..... Do I needa find an outside lender to fill in the gap? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Hi I am looking for a room for rent. Pharmacy c/o 2012. Please PM, thank you :D Is this thread still active? I have some question on the loans. hopefully someone could help me out. I am awarded with 33k of loans, however, the cost of attendance is 51k..... Do I needa find an outside lender to fill in the gap? thanks in advance.

I think cost of attendance is variable, and your total cost may be much lower than 51k. For example, if you cook your own meals instead of buying out, you could easily save a few hundred dollars each quarter. Rent smart by sharing a room, which will decrease rent by a couple hundred dollars a month.

I am pretty sure there are people out there lending privately with banks to fill in the gaps. Personally, I think I'm very lucky--I asked my parents if I can borrow from them. We've established an "account" so that any amount I borrow they will keep in track for the next 4 years. After I graduate I will pay them back gradually, and with no interest!

I do plan on working on weekends and breaks to gain more pharm experience as well as pay for some of my expenses. Good luck figuring out your finances!