Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been looking for a facebook page for the class of 2017 but I haven't found any! I am thinking of starting one next week :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got accepted, when was your interview date and accepted date?

I had my interview 02-07
got accepted 03-04

During the interview they will tell you it takes from 3 to 4 weeks to hear back.

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
This is random but is it true you can't drink coffee on campus?

I see some people got their acceptance calls 2-3 weeks from their interview date. Is this the usual trend?

I see some people got their acceptance calls 2-3 weeks from their interview date. Is this the usual trend?

It varies! My friend got her acceptance call 2 and half weeks after the interview and I received my acceptance call 3 and half weeks later.

During the interview they tell you it take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

I have a question for current students.

I have been accepted to a few schools. My top two are Loma Linda and Western. I am really struggling on where to go. What are advantages to Loma Linda that I won't find in Western?

Please help!!! Thank you.

i personally feel like you might be better off if you plan on going to western because they are much better in many ways. i have some friends who go there right now that are really pleased. on the other hand i had many complains from loma linda from some friends.

Members don't see this ad :)
i also got into western and i am so excited to be part of their 2017 classs.

I have a question for current students.

I have been accepted to a few schools. My top two are Loma Linda and Western. I am really struggling on where to go. What are advantages to Loma Linda that I won't find in Western?

Please help!!! Thank you.

I was accepted to both schools but I ended up declining western for various reasons. Loma linda has a large University hospital. I may not be working there for rotations but it shows that loma linda has this "university feel." The school has more research focused professors,too. Also, loma linda pharmacy program has a rich history. Go on youtube and learn about how the school was built - I was really moved by their founder of the school.
The living expense will be a lot cheaper in loma linda than western if u r planning to live close to campus. For a 1000sq ft. 2 bedroom apartment will be around $800-1000/ mo. Tuition is cheaper too.
Many pharmacy graduates will come out with a huge debt...to pay that off will take some time. I wanted to minimize that as much as possible.
I can't say for sure but the job market is more promising in the inlands than la and orange county area. This is something u don't want me to quote me on but the dean of the western school said so during informational session. And in many ways I see what he means. Ive been observing friends and families in the health field for some time now... new graduates are considering out skirts of oc and la for job opportunities since its hard to find in one in oc and la area.
So an exposure to where I might end up is more of an advantage I would say.

I have my other reasons why i picked loma linda over western. Believe me it was a very hard choice. Don't just take people's advice but search about the school urself and be confident with ur choice.

Thank you for everyones input. I will definitely do some more research.

R we allowed to talk about the waitlist status??
If we r allowed.. who's in the waitlist

If you guys have any questions let me know. I currently attend LLU s/o Pharmacy.

Any recommendation for housing?

Any recommendation for housing?

Theres on campus housing at Daniells and Lindsay. Lindsay is females only. The rent is cheap for both of them. However, i would suggest living off campus just because its kind of small and the only benefit is price and being close to school.

Thank You for your reply. Where on off campus would you suggest - and what are the price ranges?

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Overall GPA is a bit on the low end, but it is not end of a pharmacy career. Try to participate in pharmacy related research - especially at a pharmacy school and institution being offer. With their good LOR and knowing you in person - along with a higher PCAT score - you might have a chance pharmacy program. This is where your experiences will help you stands out in the application pool.

Some pharmacy school offers applicant for second chance in career - where you can retake courses that you are weak and averaging your GPA (LV school for example).

best of luck.

hi guys, do any loma linda students know how mandatory the orientation is? I have a flight that comes back Monday and I might not make it to the first day. What will i miss?

Hello. I'm an incoming first year dental student. Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I would like a place close to the school.

Hello. I'm an incoming first year dental student. Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I would like a place close to the school.

I am also looking for a roommate - will contact me if you have not find one yet. :thumbup:

I am also looking for a roommate - will contact me if you have not find one yet. :thumbup:

Hi all. I have found a place close by LLU. My landlady is looking for couple other tenants. Please call Joyce at (909)963-6105