Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikoula

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new here, but I have been checking out this forum for long time, hence, a lurker.. any how, I will be attending LLU for the Class of 2011, and I thought about doing a Facebook account for those who will be attending LLU. I think it will be a great way to get to know each other more and I bet it will make looking for housing and roommate little easier. I would utterly appreciate it if those of you who are planning to attend LLU 2011 to join, even if you are still debating between LLU and other schools, you are not alone.. I am pleased to be part of this great network and looking forward to hear from all of you..

here is the name of the facebook network:
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy Class of 2011

May be i felt little jealous of the Trojan's facebook account :(

Here is the link guys, I am sorry

http://berkeley.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2303753767

Members don't see this ad.

that's a really good idea!!! i will def join

I can't find that network could you provide a link to it

Members don't see this ad :)
I will definitely join too. Provide a link. We have also a long old thread here!!!!

I'm in! I can't wait to meet you guys in the fall! I am super excited! Anyone here still pinching themselves ever since getting the acceptance call?

did anyone completed their financial aid documents? i am not sure what i need to sumbit besides fafsa

did anyone completed their financial aid documents? i am not sure what i need to sumbit besides fafsa

Hi Talai, you can go to student services and sign in (you need to have a username and pin). You can get to this by www.llu.edu then go to 'students' then 'current students' tab and then select 'student services'. You can check your status and any documentation that will be needed (this will be on the financial aid section after you sign in).

Let me know if you have trouble.

Hey guys any of you received an offer from the financial office yet?

Hey guys any of you received an offer from the financial office yet?

Not me, I was sent an e-mail saying that awards will be available in June. A lady from the financial aid office told me that they might be ready next month, so I'm not sure.

???????

Not me, I was sent an e-mail saying that awards will be available in June. A lady from the financial aid office told me that they might be ready next month, so I'm not sure.

???????

They told me I should know how much money I get in June

I called them last week and they said the earliest fin aid notification would be in May by email and latest June.

Members don't see this ad :)
The promissory note you can just print out sign and mail it back to the financial aid office

You have to take the entrance interview online and they will notify LLU that you have completed it

The Supp elegibility form you can fill out online and submit it

I am so lost!! there are three documents shown in my financial aid
Promissory Note for the Stafford Sub/Unsub Loans
Stafford/Unsub Stafford Entrance Interview
Supplemental Eligibility Form

i am not sure how to do any of these, can someone guide me through these forms? or share what you put down or which loan u picked? thanks so much!!!

You can also print the documents, fill them out, scan them and send it by email or fax it. I sent out all of my documents by email. I had so much paperwork!!!

hey guys -

just thought i'd get your opinion on this... i'm currently taking a microbio lab (i've already taken the lecture part) to count towards the USC prereq, but i'm no longer contemplating going there...

if you were in my shoes... would you drop the class? or just finish it?

Hey Bugslife! I would give Rick or Guisella a call and let them know your situation. I'm pretty sure it would be okay to drop since I was in a similar situation. Just make sure they update your application (if this class is listed on your application). But . . . if this class is not even listed on your application, I would just drop it.

thanks for the advice on financial aid documents, but i am still unclear about the lender? who did you guys pick your lender? is it from the first column (i forgot what it is called but it says is mostly used by LLU students), and regarding the entrance exam, what kind of question did they ask becuase i think like i should gather all my info before i start since my parents has a lot of my information.
thanks!!!!!
to buglife- i would see if i can change the grading option to pass/ no pass because that's what i did to classes i needed for USC, and since rick said P/NP class don't count, they will just disregard it even if you didn't end up passing the class- i think this is better than dropping it (or if you can stil drop it without getin W or anything on your transcrip, i would drop it) hope that helps!!!!!

hey jiffypop and tailapanda - thanks for the advice!

Hi guys. I just got my call (from the alt list) that I got into Loma Linda.

woohoo!

I'm a little worried though because I am going to start school pregnant. I'm due the end of October. I'm not sure how they'll look at me because of that. I know LLU is a religious school and I'm worried they can go either way: 1) be very understanding or helpful or 2) look down on me/revoke my acceptance.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I want to make sure it all works out. I really want to go to pharmacy school, but I also want to go in prepared. I know it'll be hard work, but I'm excited to learn and excited to have this child.

Also, do you think I'll get better financial aid now? I turned in FAFSA before finding out I was pregnant so now I have to change a few things.

I'm just afraid to call ask LLU what kind of services they offer.

O yea, do you know how long our day is? I saw the curriculum schedule on their website but it didn't have the actual times of the day.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

For those of you who have not joined face book yet please join. We only have six of us. We should have more just from this forum alone

For those of you who have not joined face book yet please join. We only have six of us. We should have more just from this forum alone

how come i can only see 4 members?

Hi guys. I just got my call (from the alt list) that I got into Loma Linda.

woohoo!

I'm a little worried though because I am going to start school pregnant. I'm due the end of October. I'm not sure how they'll look at me because of that. I know LLU is a religious school and I'm worried they can go either way: 1) be very understanding or helpful or 2) look down on me/revoke my acceptance.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I want to make sure it all works out. I really want to go to pharmacy school, but I also want to go in prepared. I know it'll be hard work, but I'm excited to learn and excited to have this child.

Also, do you think I'll get better financial aid now? I turned in FAFSA before finding out I was pregnant so now I have to change a few things.

I'm just afraid to call ask LLU what kind of services they offer.

O yea, do you know how long our day is? I saw the curriculum schedule on their website but it didn't have the actual times of the day.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Congrats on your acceptance and pregnancy!!! :D

About LLU . . . I think honesty is the best policy. You should give LLU a call and tell them your situation ASAP. Ask them what type of accomadations are available for pregnant students. Also, ask them if you will be dealing with any type of teratogens first quarter. You don't want to do anything to jeopardize your baby's health. If they don't recommend you attending this year, ask them if they will reserve you a seat for next year.

I heard that their weekly academic schedule is pretty demanding - 8 am - 5 pm Mon thru Thurs and 8 am - 12 pm on Fridays.

Thank you for your advice. I will call them and ask them about accommodations tomorrow. I'll also ask about deferring for one year because that would really help. I could get settled this year and start fresh next year. If not, I'd have to apply all over again.

Thank you for your input. I wasn't really sure what to do but your advice helped me a lot!

Thank you for your advice. I will call them and ask them about accommodations tomorrow. I'll also ask about deferring for one year because that would really help. I could get settled this year and start fresh next year. If not, I'd have to apply all over again.

Thank you for your input. I wasn't really sure what to do but your advice helped me a lot!

Hi,

Were you able to sort things out? I also wanna ask for future reference.

Good luck on your situation,

KT

Last edited:
HEY EVERYONE!!!

I need help. I just got a phone call from LLU for an interview. my application was for 2008, but they called me and offered me an invite for the 2007. i have 5 days to prepare......I need major help...can u guys please help me.....plz ....i'm excited and scare at the same time......:scared::scared::scared::confused::confused:

wow congrats... and good for you! the interview at LLU was my easiest one. very laid back, friendly, and conversational.

Im new to the forum I actually just registered about twenty minutes ago. For those of you who got into Loma Linda congratualtions!! I applied for Fall 2008 and still havent heard from them. Out of curiosity if you dont mind me asking what is Lomda Linda looknf for and what is a competitive gpa for that particular school?