Loma Linda University Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I just wanted to get a thread started for this cycle.

We can share stats, thoughts, and updates

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview 09/26. 9:00 am!

Reactions: 1 users
@Dragon416 that so awesome good luck!
I won't hear back until December-January because they are using my interview score from last year since I scored really well .

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working on my secondary application right now, but I have no clue how they calculate your GPA since they have their own way using certain courses. Does anyone know anything about this?

LLU takes the highest grade if you've repeated. They also calculate their own GPA and don't use PTCAS.

Interviewing friday 9/26 at 11:30 and soooo excited but getting more and more nervous! Any advice on the interview process?

Interviewing friday 9/26 at 11:30 and soooo excited but getting more and more nervous! Any advice on the interview process?

Me too! Mine is 9 am. Good luck!

Hey dpt2b4me,

Just relax, the atmosphere is casual. Before the interview you'll be sitting with other candidates in the waiting room along with some LLU PT students. The PT students are there to answer any questions you have and to possibly help with the candidates who are nervous. Be ready to give detailed and awesome answers 1) why did you choose PT, 2) why did you choose LLU, and 3) the awkward broad question "So, tell me about yourself." You guys may already know this, but as far as attire--it's professional (suite & tie).

When I went in for my interview I was a nervous wreck, I could not sleep the night before and had no appetite. But once the interview began the way the questions were phrased by the interviewer it became causal. I was only asked why LLU, then I asked about 5 questions, then my interviewer and I started talking football; and that's what we were talking about the remainder of the time. I was told by my interviewer that I scored high. Unfortunately that wasn't good enough for me to get a seat due to GPA. So my scores are being used for this cycle, which is the same for other "2nd-timers."

Hope this help!

Hey guys, I'm completing the secondary application now. I was wondering if a letter of rec from a pastor was required? or is it just highly recommended...I want my application to be as competitive as possible. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think having a PT give a letter of rec would suffice. But a letter of rec from a pastor may be good too. You may want to double check on their website or ptcas. For my LOR I had 2 PT's, a professor in my major, the director for the clinic I worked for.

Good luck!

Thanks B.No! For my LORs I have 1 PT rec, 2 professor recs (one in my major and one in my minor) and then 1 from my previous employer that I've worked for 2 years for. I hope that's enough haha because my stats aren't the greatest :p

That should be enough. How many schools are you applying into? Just an FYI, try to submit that secondary app for LLU ASAP.

I'm applying to 11 different schools, mostly around the DC/MD/VA area because that's where I live. and Yeah haha LLU sent me the secondary this morning and an hour later they sent me a reminder email an hour later saying that I haven't started the application haha so I'm taking that as a sign that they really want me to apply ASAP. Working on the secondary now and hoping to finish it by the weekend!

Hey dpt2b4me,

Just relax, the atmosphere is casual. Before the interview you'll be sitting with other candidates in the waiting room along with some LLU PT students. The PT students are there to answer any questions you have and to possibly help with the candidates who are nervous. Be ready to give detailed and awesome answers 1) why did you choose PT, 2) why did you choose LLU, and 3) the awkward broad question "So, tell me about yourself." You guys may already know this, but as far as attire--it's professional (suite & tie).

When I went in for my interview I was a nervous wreck, I could not sleep the night before and had no appetite. But once the interview began the way the questions were phrased by the interviewer it became causal. I was only asked why LLU, then I asked about 5 questions, then my interviewer and I started talking football; and that's what we were talking about the remainder of the time. I was told by my interviewer that I scored high. Unfortunately that wasn't good enough for me to get a seat due to GPA. So my scores are being used for this cycle, which is the same for other "2nd-timers."

Hope this help!
It helps a ton! I hope mines goes as well as yours did. I just love Loma Linda, I took a class there this summer and can't imagine going anywhere else. Fingers crossed we get to be classmates. Thanks again for the help :)

I hope I am classmates with some of you! Also, if you are offered interview dates for LLU choose the earlier option :) Any questions PM me I interviewed last year, and i am currently just patiently waiting a decision this year .

Hey guys! Glad someone opened up a thread for this cycle. I just had my interview 9/26 also. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea of when we will hear if we're accepted or not?

Does anyone have an idea of when we will hear if we're accepted or not?

Heather said we will either find out in December or January, when all interviews are conducted since they do not have rolling admission. This is one of my top schools and I hope we both get accepted!

We will find out between January up to May. But there was someone who already received a letter in another LLU thread. I'm not sure if that person has a special circumstance, or if it was from an older thread.

Heather said we will either find out in December or January, when all interviews are conducted since they do not have rolling admission. This is one of my top schools and I hope we both get accepted!

This is one of my top schools as well! Awesome place, awesome staff, and the students that I have met so far are Awesome too!

This is one of my top schools as well! Awesome place, awesome staff, and the students that I have met so far are Awesome too!

Yes it is! It was definitely worth the fly from Florida. My interviewer was awesome and It was my best interview I have ever done! I hope we can be future classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
I just submitted my secondary application tonight, so I hope I hear back from them soon about an interview! @ Dragon416, did you do anything in particular to prepare for your interview?

I just submitted my secondary application tonight, so I hope I hear back from them soon about an interview! @ Dragon416, did you do anything in particular to prepare for your interview?

I did prepare. However, the questions that were asked were general questions such as why pt, why LLU, they may ask critical thinking questions too. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Spoke with Dr. Chinnock, said SOME decisions will be made December 20th and MOST in January

OMG! Just heard from LLU about an interview Dec 14th!!! AHH I'm so excited. I can't go down to Cali though because I can't afford the flight down there from the east coast, so I'm going to have to do a skype interview. Does anyone have any suggestions and advice about the interview process? Any help would be appreciated :)

Reactions: 2 users
Spoke with Dr. Chinnock, said SOME decisions will be made December 20th and MOST in January
Over another month of anticipation at least! The most anxious nearly 6 months!!!
And @daphersDPT don't be too nervous. They ask why Loma Linda, I was asked if I knew the difference between PTA and PT and why I wanted to be a PT. They just asked questions that flow with your conversation to try to get to know you. Just be honest and it'll be great! Good Luck

Reactions: 2 users
Over another month of anticipation at least! The most anxious nearly 6 months!!!
And @daphersDPT don't be too nervous. They ask why Loma Linda, I was asked if I knew the difference between PTA and PT and why I wanted to be a PT. They just asked questions that flow with your conversation to try to get to know you. Just be honest and it'll be great! Good Luck

Hopefully we might hear in December since we were the first batch to get interviewed. Who knows :rolleyes:

I'm excited gosh its around the corner :)

Hi guys! I'm not pursing DPT actually Pursuing MOT Just have a lot of friends/family that are either already in a dpt program, already a DPT or many are dpt applicants.. but just wanted to share that according to ppl/students I personally know that already go to llu, they heard through the grapevines that a good amount of DPT applicants already got denied acceptance! The sources are pretty reliable.

It's really competitive this year I guess. I know quite a handful of applicants w a accumulative gpa starting at 3.8 and above and pre reqs GPA of 4.0s with No repeated courses. (thank goodness MOT program isn't as competitive)
For all of you & A good handful of my dear family & friends that have applied Let's hope they make decisions before holidays!

Gluck!

Last edited:
OMG! Just heard from LLU about an interview Dec 14th!!! AHH I'm so excited. I can't go down to Cali though because I can't afford the flight down there from the east coast, so I'm going to have to do a skype interview. Does anyone have any suggestions and advice about the interview process? Any help would be appreciated :)

Hey there DaphersDPT !
Would you mind sharing your STATS? :)
I'm super nervous!

Last edited:
Hey there DaphersDPT !
Would you mind sharing your STATS? :)
I'm super nervous!

University: University of Maryland, College Park
Major: Cell Biology and Genetics, Minor in Human Development
Cumulative GPA: 3.24
Pre-Req GPA: 3.47 (PTCAS)
GRE: V 155, Q 155, AW 4.5

Extracurriculars: Kappa Phi Lambda (Minor and Exec board positions), involved in a lot of church stuff (worship leader, teen counselor, activities supervisor), research assistant for the Smith school at UMD, etc.

Experience: Outpatient Ortho PT (200+ hours, working as a tech), Inpatient hospital (25 hours)

good luck! im sure you'll be great :)

Hey guys! I have my interview on December 14th, and I am coming from Kansas. I was reading in previous forums from past years that there were essays that we were required to write at the interview. Is this true for the interviews going on this cycle? Just curious and trying to prepare for next weekend. Any input on how the interview went would be great!

I received an acceptance letter yesterday, but I am still waiting until after my interview with Western next week to accept or not. However, I am grateful Loma Linda accepted me!