Loma Linda Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbm44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there on this list? I know godogg is...Has anyone looked into previous year's threads as to when, if ever, people got in off the list? I hope there is at least some movement this year... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I am. I interviewed in early April. I already sent in a letter of intent (LLU is my first choice) before I was waitlisted so I don't know what else to write since I have no more updates.

I feel you about having nothing else to put. I have been looking into alot of things and it seems the last couple of years there was some movements in late June and into July. As far as I can tell, so far this year there has not been any acceptances off the waitlist, so maybe we still have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys, or shoudl I say God bless. I have a friend who is attending Loma Linda right now and she absolutely loves it.

Hey guys! i wish you guys all the luck! Keep praying! Try talking to Dr. Nyirady or if you have any concerns whatsoever, don't hesitate to give him a call. He is one of the nicest people I've met (and I've met a lot of people) :oops: . Believe me..being proactive about this is the way to go!

I am on the waitlist as well but don't know anything about this year's or past years' waitlist movement.

I am on the waitlist too. Let's keep each other updated.

Does anyone have any idea how people are pulled off of Loma Linda's unranked alternate list or how unranked lists work for that matter? They can't draw names from a hat or eenie meenie minie moe, can they?

paceac said:
Does anyone have any idea how people are pulled off of Loma Linda's unranked alternate list or how unranked lists work for that matter? They can't draw names from a hat or eenie meenie minie moe, can they?

Well, I don't know but I can make an uneducated guess. I would assume they do have a ranking, like there top five, and when there is an open spot they discuss again which one they want to pick. How does that sound? Reasonable?

gojonn said:
Well, I don't know but I can make an uneducated guess. I would assume they do have a ranking, like there top five, and when there is an open spot they discuss again which one they want to pick. How does that sound? Reasonable?

Sounds good enough to me.

Has anyone called the office lately? I wonder if they have even had any spots become available. I tried to call Mrs. Edwards yesterday but she wasn't in the office. Has anyone been able to get any info out of them?

Hey do you girls/guys have another school you are accepted to? If so, which one and how long would you hold out to hear back from LLU?

jbm44 said:
Hey do you girls/guys have another school you are accepted to? If so, which one and how long would you hold out to hear back from LLU?

Accepted at RFU - Chicago Med. WL at SLU, Drexel, NYMC, Vermont. Ros Franklin starts July 25 so if accepted before then I will go

Members don't see this ad :)
Any info from Loma Linda waitlisters? Has anyone on the waitlist received their financial aid award? My paper work has been in for awhile, but I haven't heard how much I would approve for...Its almost July and still nobody has been accepted off the waiting list, thats crazy

jbm44 said:
Any info from Loma Linda waitlisters? Has anyone on the waitlist received their financial aid award? My paper work has been in for awhile, but I haven't heard how much I would approve for...Its almost July and still nobody has been accepted off the waiting list, thats crazy

I haven't heard anything from either the admissions office or financial aid.

jbm44 said:

I didn't know that we would get financial aide information before we are accepted. Do you guys check the website?

Hey guys who are waiting, would you be so kind as to swap stats with me via PM, by chance? I want to see how us waitlisters stack up against those who have been accepted

yo,

just got a phone call today a few hours ago from Dr. N

I got an offer!

gl to the rest of you on the WL!

for reference:

Asian male, not SDA
3.2 sci GPA
3.4 cum GPA
33Q MCAT
3 yrs research work - 1 pub
6 yr community youth program
1-2 yrs clinical volunteer work
overseas outreaches in Mexico and Taiwan

stretched said:
yo,

just got a phone call today a few hours ago from Dr. N

I got an offer!

gl to the rest of you on the WL!

for reference:

Asian male, not SDA
3.2 sci GPA
3.4 cum GPA
33Q MCAT
3 yrs research work - 1 pub
6 yr community youth program
1-2 yrs clinical volunteer work
overseas outreaches in Mexico and Taiwan
Hey man, good for you! I was wondering if anyone of even going to get off this year, I'm pumped for you. Maybe you opened the door for us and the list to start moving.

What did Dr. N say when he called? Did he give any indication that there haven't been many people who declined spots this year or that he anticipated more people getting off the waitlist or anything? Did you send letters of interest and call and do that whole deal?

Hey, congrats again, that is dope you got in. How long do you have to respond?

yea i did the letters and stuff. Kinda late maybe. Actually, my interview was in late April too.

I wrote them a letter of interest early may, then an email after may 15th, then a rather uneventful phone call early june.

Sorry, I was too excited to ask Dr. N many questions. He just offered a spot and I said yes heheh. I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet though.

But from everything else I've been reading on these forums, there's still quite a bit of wailist movement expected all the way through july and early august so GL!

jbm44 said:
Hey man, good for you! I was wondering if anyone of even going to get off this year, I'm pumped for you. Maybe you opened the door for us and the list to start moving.

What did Dr. N say when he called? Did he give any indication that there haven't been many people who declined spots this year or that he anticipated more people getting off the waitlist or anything? Did you send letters of interest and call and do that whole deal?

Hey, congrats again, that is dope you got in. How long do you have to respond?

Anything new?? I hope they pull more than one off the list this year! Looks like I'm moving to the mid-west...its cool though.

I have a friend that was accepted recently and they took the mcat this april.

HarveyCushing said:
I have a friend that was accepted recently and they took the mcat this april.
What do you mean, they took the mcat this April? They took the mcat in April 05 and were accepted to the entering class of 05? That seems weird, I have never heard of anything like that...

jbm44 said:
What do you mean, they took the mcat this April? They took the mcat in April 05 and were accepted to the entering class of 05? That seems weird, I have never heard of anything like that...

yep took the april 05 and heading out to LLU in a few weeks.

Has anyone heard from LLU for class of 2009 off the waitlist?

I was accepted off the LLU waitlist yesterday. :) There still is a lot of possibilities out there, and there seems to be a lot of movement at the end of July. Good luck to all of you and if you want any advice I would say call your schools A LOT, speak to the Dean of Admissions at least a few times and let them KNOW you want to go there. Good luck everyone, I hope you all get to go to the school of your choice.

anyone still waiting out there?

I'm still waiting, but I don't think it will happen for me.