Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonsir

de Allegheny
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does LLU really REQUIRE a letter of rec from a pastor or head of a religious organization? Must you be affiliated w/ a religious group to apply there?

Members don't see this ad.

They don't require one, but they recommend it. You don't have to be religiously affiliated to apply, you'll be writing about religion on your secondary application.

so, does the religion play a significant role in your training?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they don't require it. I didn't have one and was accepted.

it., yes, religion does play a big role in the training at LLU.

it. said:
so, does the religion play a significant role in your training?

Considering the motto of Loma Linda is "to make man whole" (meaning, not only physically, but spiritually and mentally as well), I would say that because LLU is a religiously owned institution, the Christian perspective in handling medicine is definitely going to play a large role in your training. I really hope that helps answer your questions :)

jonsir said:
Does LLU really REQUIRE a letter of rec from a pastor or head of a religious organization? Must you be affiliated w/ a religious group to apply there?

To echo UCLAstudent, I also did not have a letter of rec from a pastor and I got in, so it is not necessary to be admitted.