Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was looking into Loma Linda, but I'm not christian. Will that affect my chances of getting acceptted? Any input would be great! :D

Members don't see this ad.

whateva07 said:
I was looking into Loma Linda, but I'm not christian. Will that affect my chances of getting acceptted? Any input would be great! :D

not to sound pessimistic, but it will most likely affect your chances. they are not afraid to tell you they are a christian school actively seeking christian applicants. as far as christians go, they will choose an adventist over a non-adventist as well. they want their students to actively promote the principles they teach. if you're not christian, you're not supporting what the school stands for. that's just my understanding from hearing presentations done by the admissions dean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on my miraculous last minute acceptance!!!!!!!! :mad:

I got in off the waitlist yesterday morning! I got a phone call and was offered a spot so I am changing my plans from going to Philadelphia to moving to So. Cal this week before school starts....don't give up there is still hope

I'm Catholic, does that effect my chances? Do they like catholics?

Billy Shears said:
What's an adventist?
Seventh-day Adventists are Protestant Christians who believe in basically the Bible as their only guide for spiritual truth, hence they kept the 7th day sabbath (saturday). The "Adventist" part basically deals with the fact that believe in the second advent of Christ or the second coming of Christ, but they don't believe in the secret rapture as many christians do. Also, many adventists are into healthy living, so that means that you won't find meat, caffience, alcohol, drugs, or anything like that on campus. That basically sums up Adventism in a nutshell.

Right now I'm torn between LLU and Maryland, even though I haven't submitted either of their secondaries yet, lol. I really love LLU and their mission fits exactly with my goal to become a medical missionary, but its so far from my home (Maryland). We will see how it all plays out.

chewsnuffles said:

better than an atheist.

A catholic friend of a co-worker got into this school

chewsnuffles said:

i'm catholic too... personally, i think it's an advantage to have some common beliefs with the school you attend. My personaly statement is all about social justice (thank you Jesuits), and I'm pretty confident that the message goes beyond the realm of Catholicism. You probably should be fine unless you are a diehard catholic and everything papa benedict says goes.
I've attended two different catholic universities and the experience was drastically different between the two, even strictly in terms of how faith is integrated into the school. I'm excited to check out Loma Linda and see how the real vibe is down there. Anyway, just my 2 cents.