1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Loma Linda?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I heard that their class is full by now, but there are ALOT of people who are withdrawing because they got in to other schools....has anyone heard any news from them? I have been complete since early january and nothing...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Got my rejection last week. I guess I would have withdrawn had I gotten in. I would rather go to my state school, than pay $30k/yr to have religion instilled in my education.

4. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey UCSFreak how long ago was your application complete? was this rejection pre or post interview? thanks

5. DarksideAllstar

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It was pre-interview, complete since end of September, (10V, 11P, 11B, P WS), 3.61 gpa, no church affiliation whatsoever (my friends like to call me Satan), etc. Good luck dude, hope you get this one! :)

6. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by UCSFreak:
    <strong>It was pre-interview, complete since end of September, (10V, 11P, 11B, P WS), 3.61 gpa, no church affiliation whatsoever (my friends like to call me Satan), etc. Good luck dude, hope you get this one! :) </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">funny! :D damn bro that sucks...since late september!? I guess I have a long way to go then...

7. DZT

DZT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yo Freak, I can't beleive that you got rejected from Loma Linda! You have good MCAT scores and a great GPA. What other schools have you gotten into? I was thinking of Loma Linda was not so hard to get into, but from looking at your story, it seems harder than I thought to get in.

8. waiting123

waiting123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Actually nb81, Loma Linda is actually fairly competitive to get into, especially if you are not Seventh-Day. I would say that your GPA should be at least 3.6 and mcat in mid 30's if not SDA. Anyways, Dr. Don is it really true that the class is full? I really wanted to go there and this is very upsetting to know cause I only just interviewed there and really don't want to be put on another waitlist! Where did you get your info? :confused:

9. DarksideAllstar

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nb81:
    <strong>Yo Freak, I can't beleive that you got rejected from Loma Linda! You have good MCAT scores and a great GPA. What other schools have you gotten into? I was thinking of Loma Linda was not so hard to get into, but from looking at your story, it seems harder than I thought to get in.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that most of my problem was that I wasn't SDA or any Christian demonination. I hate God for the most part and it showed through in my rampant use of drugs and alcohol while completing my LLUSOM secondary application. Seriously though, they like people who demostrate Christian principles and thus rejected me. I also put that I used drugs and alcohol recently (Honesty is not the best policy). Why they waited so long to reject me, I have no idea.
    In the grand scheme of things, my numbers aren't that better than any other applicant. I have interviewed at SLU, MCP, NY Med, Tulane, Temple, and Univ of Nevada. Waitlisted at Temple, accepted at Nevada, no word from any of the others (decisions should come within 2 weeks at this point). Good luck y'all.

10. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by waiting123:
    <strong>Actually nb81, Loma Linda is actually fairly competitive to get into, especially if you are not Seventh-Day. I would say that your GPA should be at least 3.6 and mcat in mid 30's if not SDA. Anyways, Dr. Don is it really true that the class is full? I really wanted to go there and this is very upsetting to know cause I only just interviewed there and really don't want to be put on another waitlist! Where did you get your info? :confused: </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I called the admissions office and a Ms. Edwards told me this...sorry....I'm totally bummed out too!

11. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by waiting123:
    <strong>Actually nb81, Loma Linda is actually fairly competitive to get into, especially if you are not Seventh-Day. I would say that your GPA should be at least 3.6 and mcat in mid 30's if not SDA. Anyways, Dr. Don is it really true that the class is full? I really wanted to go there and this is very upsetting to know cause I only just interviewed there and really don't want to be put on another waitlist! Where did you get your info? :confused: </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I called the admissions office and a Ms. Edwards told me this...sorry....I'm totally bummed out too!

12. DZT

DZT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it too late to convert to as 7th Day Adventist? I heard that they are vegetarians, so that will kick my ass. I NEED PROTEIN!