Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jstuds_66

Free cat to a good home
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Loma Linda is "Mormon friendly"? I haven't been able to see them accept anyone from BYU, BYU-I, or BYU-H in a long time. But, I know that isn't all of the LDS applicants. Comments???

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Loma Linda is "Mormon friendly"? I haven't been able to see them accept anyone from BYU, BYU-I, or BYU-H in a long time. But, I know that isn't all of the LDS applicants. Comments???

Loma Linda is naturally friendly to Seventh Day Adventist followers and those that aren't "overbareing" in their different beliefs -- as I have friends there studying medicine that are agnostic and atheist, respectively.

I'm not sure on the differences between Adventist and Mormons but I know they are fundamentally different and Loma Linda is well known to strive to protect the integrity of their school and teach a specific doctrine.

With that, I've never personally heard of a Mormon being accepted into Loma Linda and being a BYU graduate labels you as a Mormon, so I wouldn't imagine you would favor well unless you were willing to go along with what they teach and not raise questions over it.

They are more likely to accept Mormos because their religious guidelines on how to live aren't that much different from Loma Lindas requirements for attending, no alcohol or drugs, etc... They see Mormons as more likely to follow their strict social requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they reject people that don't go to a specif church consistentlyy?

Do they reject people that don't go to a specif church consistentlyy?

No, their website says that no decision will be made strictly on religious affiliation (or I assume the lack thereof).

Yet they don't accept homosexuals? How fair and equal; equality sounds like their number one ideal! Yeah, what a great school. :thumbdown:

No, their website says that no decision will be made strictly on religious affiliation (or I assume the lack thereof).

Yeah but they admit they give strong preference to people who are active Christians. But very strong non-Christian applicants will be considered.

So unless you have super stellar GPA and MCAT, I wouldn't bother.

i heard they set up three piles of applications......7th day Adventists, people who checked that box on the app that said they were part of some religous group, and then people who have no religous affiliation. Then they review the apps in that order.

If you are a strong Christian (non-SDA) and have lots of Christian related activities, but a lower than average GPA, can you stand a chance at Loma Linda? Do they really go crazy about people who are very devoted Christians?

Yet they don't accept homosexuals? How fair and equal; equality sounds like their number one ideal! Yeah, what a great school. :thumbdown:

They do accept homosexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that).

If you are a strong Christian (non-SDA) and have lots of Christian related activities, but a lower than average GPA, can you stand a chance at Loma Linda? Do they really go crazy about people who are very devoted Christians?

Yeah - the students they take from Berkeley average GPA is like 3.24 which is relatively low.